AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a red flag. I don’t care if a fella wants to wear girl clothes - that’s his business as long as he goes to the WallyWorld or Goodwill - breaking and entering to get them is a whole new level of weird.

A red flag that he can’t help himself, imo. Not a red flag as a murderer or kidnapper. Jmo

Maybe they let him go because they want to follow him. Maybe they hope that he will lead them to Jayme. So random and odd. How does one do this to a house that is "high profile" right now? How do you know that your co-workers have been murdered and then go and disrespect them like that? Just so hard to believe it has nothing to do with Jayme.

A red flag that he can’t help himself, imo. Not a red flag as a murderer or kidnapper. Jmo
Maybe he stopped at the laundromat first to steal some clothes, found nothing and remembered the closs house was empty
??? It's just so odd. Wonder if he actually had clothing at the laundromat. And why did he leave his bike?

I think there is a board and maybe part of the door behind the blanket or some type of cloth that it's covered with. I'm pretty sure they boarded it up. Jmo

I'm hoping your right. Don't see how they could just leave it that vulnerable.

If the camera technology is available, why not use it in the hopes of catching something?

They caught a squirrel in what they hoped was a bear trap, maybe? It shows the investigators are looking at everything they can.

I saw a red Dodge type car stalled on the side of the road in North GA this morning on the other side of I75 around Ringgold (I was going south, so the car was on the shoulder on the north side of the fast moving interstate next to the concrete dividers between the north bound and south bound lanes). It had big white stripes down the hood. The trunk was open. Traffic moves so fast on the Interstate, and there were no police involved. I kept going, but did think about this forum and wonder if I should have turned around. Like all of you, this case, and others like it, can make you chase phantoms, and I probably would have looked like a big idiot had I done so.

I guess we need to let the investigators do their job and hope for the best.

They don’t leave cars sitting on 75 for very long.
Odd the trunk was open...
Can you see it on a camera on GA511 ?

JMO

They don’t leave cars sitting on 75 for very long.
Odd the trunk was open...
Can you see it on a camera on GA511 ?

JMO

Do you mean 411? I don’t think so, and can’t precisely remember where I saw it. It was south after the TN/GA line, and it was going north when it got stuck. May have been closer to Battlefield Parkway. Hope that helps, and will point out, it is probably nothing, but did turn it in. Everything helps, and hope I did my due diligence here.

If the camera technology is available, why not use it in the hopes of catching something?

They caught a squirrel in what they hoped was a bear trap, maybe? It shows the investigators are looking at everything they can.

I saw a red Dodge type car stalled on the side of the road in North GA this morning on the other side of I75 around Ringgold (I was going south, so the car was on the shoulder on the north side of the fast moving interstate next to the concrete dividers between the north bound and south bound lanes). It had big white stripes down the hood. The trunk was open. Traffic moves so fast on the Interstate, and there were no police involved. I kept going, but did think about this forum and wonder if I should have turned around. Like all of you, this case, and others like it, can make you chase phantoms, and I probably would have looked like a big idiot had I done so.

I guess we need to let the investigators do their job and hope for the best.

I agree with @Gardener1850. And in general whoever is involved could be anywhere. Calling a tip in can be very tough for anyone as they wrestle their own common sense, should I or shouldn't I. People sometimes worry about taking up an officers time, being wrong, looking ridiculous, or picture the driver being pulled over and going through trauma but in actuality an officer is trained to make that decision and may simply run the plate and/or drive by the vehicle and make an assessment. The driver of the vehicle is protected by law so an officer can't do anything without probable cause and having a vehicle that matches a vehicle of interest by mere model is not probable cause. There is nothing to lose in making that call and maybe much to gain.

Do you mean 411? I don’t think so, and can’t precisely remember where I saw it. It was south after the TN/GA line, and it was going north when it got stuck. May have been closer to Battlefield Parkway. Hope that helps, and will point out, it is probably nothing, but did turn it in. Everything helps, and hope I did my due diligence here.

ETA- you mean the highway monitoring system in GA, right? Sorry! Highway 411 runs parallel to I75 .

I think there are several good reasons for LE to keep the cameras up. Most importantly, to monitor who might "return to the crime scene." To keep an eye on the property from vandals, teens or whomever gets an idea in their head to check it out. Hopefully the front door is securely boarded up, and all other entry ways locked. The family likely has keys for the house. We know Jayme won't be showing up by herself, because being 13 she does not drive. MOO

Most of us entertain a notion of an older man, or someone she had occasion to be in some communication with...
so: going to get a tad personal....to show just how easily an otherwise sheltered gal, with great parents can be, in one night, exposed to the most unsavory characters....

Try to be brief: when I was barely 13, new school: met couple seemingly nice girls. Stayed the night with one, other gal did too.

Now: there were no adults present, zero. No idea why...three 13 year olds on their own on weekend...now I look back, think not a good thing at all. Maybe mom/dad had to work....BUT
as it turns out one of these 13 year olds had a 'boyfriend' who was in early 20's ! He 'wouldn't let her go' as she said and would patrol after school to pick her up (I saw him)

And....these two gals were getting make up on, dressing up - and getting me to, as well: to do what, you ask? WALK THE STREETS! And hope to go to a party...
Now...these were not great residential streets...but that's their idea for the night: get dolled up and prowl the streets...

I was VERY uncomfortable......went along with it...as far as I recall nothing much happened...

When back at this girl's apartment, I more or less hid under the blankets, seriously, pretending too sleepy.....I don't think then I realized how upset, shell-shocked I was by the whole night, and all the icky information (I won't elaborate)...I thought about calling my parents to get me, but didn't

Next morning I was waiting outside for my dad to pick me up....I wanted OUT OF THERE

Point being: I didn't saying anything to my parents.....and I was LUCKY...but what if some guys had essentially 'picked us up' for a party (that's what the girl's were wanting)....??? Scary. I don't need to elaborate here either for any of you what could have occurred....

It's too easy to be exposed to shady characters......I'd like to know the background of all of Jayme's friends.....who/where/when she stayed the night, etc. etc.
Unbeknownst to her, she could have attracted a very bad person into her orbit.....

Hope this post is okay......
Us adults just don't think how kids do...and us adults who are good people can't think like the predators who are among us.....

Reminds me of the time I had just turned 13 y/o and was allowed for the first time to go to a night-time movie without parents. I barely knew the girl who asked me to go with her. As soon as we got to the theater she said to me: “I hope we find some high school guys we can sit next to and make-out with!” I was shocked and scared and thankfully we didn’t find any!

Where I work, our second shift does not start work until Monday night. They don't work Sunday night. Our third shift is the first shift working on Sunday night/Monday morning

We know that the father was a football fan, and there was a game Monday night. It's also been said that sometimes he takes off the day after a game due to a hangover. Is there a chance that whatever hours he worked on Sunday was not his normally scheduled shift, but that instead he swapped shifts with someone who didn't care about the game? Not sure if Jenny-O allows shift swapping, some companies do.

Maybe they let him go because they want to follow him. Maybe they hope that he will lead them to Jayme. So random and odd. How does one do this to a house that is "high profile" right now? How do you know that your co-workers have been murdered and then go and disrespect them like that? Just so hard to believe it has nothing to do with Jayme.

Where did you see that they let him go? The inmate roster still shows him in jail... just curious... and TIA

We know that the father was a football fan, and there was a game Monday night. It's also been said that sometimes he takes off the day after a game due to a hangover. Is there a chance that whatever hours he worked on Sunday was not his normally scheduled shift, but that instead he swapped shifts with someone who didn't care about the game? Not sure if Jenny-O allows shift swapping, some companies do.

I wonder that, too. It would make him off his usual schedule (not that we have any indication what that was - with that many years working for the company, he could well have the means to accrue comp time, and make up his hours without worrying about using his sick or vacations days) and back to my theory the perp(s) expected Denise and Jayme to be home alone, FWIW and IMO.

Reminds me of the time I had just turned 13 y/o and was allowed for the first time to go to a night-time movie without parents. I barely knew the girl who asked me to go with her. As soon as we got to the theater she said to me: “I hope we find some high school guys we can sit next to and make-out with!” I was shocked and scared and thankfully we didn’t find any!
That sounds to me like the way I think Jayme would be. Her family said they would be shocked, or surprised if she had a boyfriend. And she was very shy. They interviewed her friends extensively. I don't think she could have met anyone on line, or put herself in any sort of dangerous situation with an older guy. That's about the only thing I've ruled out. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay