AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see that. My hope in that case is that this involved multiple people.

Criminals don’t stop, and at some point someone will talk.
Multilple people would account for what appears to be multiple motives if we’re talking about motives we can comprehend. My fear is that we’re dealing with something altogether different.

I really appreciate your insights, and I wanted to ask you or any of you other sleuthers on here.... is it standard or common to release such little information as they seemed to have on this case? I’ve not followed a lot of cases, but I have read quite a few news stories on crime, and it seems there’s so little information that’s been released on this crime, compared to others I remember.

For instance, if there was an assault (sexual or otherwise) that night, isn’t it usually commonplace to have those details reported? Even the fact that they aren’t speaking to whether the house was ransacked, or whether a struggle occured (although I feel it’s safe to assume a struggle of some sort occured)...I don’t know, it all just seems like there’s so little information, and it seems unusual to me. But like I said, I haven’t followed many cases, so I’m wondering if this is the norm. Or perhaps because there’s a missing person? I’d love to hear others’ insights.
Unfortunately for us, but fortunately in the interest of justice, this lack of information is completely standard.

We want leaks to satisfy our curiosity, but LE has done a solid job in keeping those things quiet.

Every case is different, but I know of a few recent cases where authorities were also able to keep a lid on information related to the crime.

Those crimes were equally horiffic as this one.

What do we know about the Closs' home phone? I believe the Sheriff made a vague statement soon after the murders to the effect that the home phone was not in service, but do we know for sure that the phone lines weren't cut? Or if the Closses even had a home phone line anymore?

Interestingly now that someone has indeed visited the home and robbed it, the home was being cleaned by by a crime scene clean up crew (or the likes thereof). I wonder: was that the earliest the clean up crew was available considering when the home was released? Or is it only being done now bc someone they thought may visit the home and did so, or now they think someone won’t given the entire planet is aware that the scene was monitored after LE released it by motion activated cams?

BBM
You know I thought the same damned thing. Wonder if there was any additional evidence taken from the residence AFTER this robbery (it is a crime, afterall) and perhaps LE is waiting for test results to come back ?

Just a thought.

What do we know about the Closs' home phone? I believe the Sheriff made a vague statement soon after the murders to the effect that the home phone was not in service, but do we know for sure that the phone lines weren't cut? Or if the Closses even had a home phone line anymore?
All we know is that the home phone was “disconnected.”

There was no information about lines being cut, and it is far more likely that they simply didn’t have a landline anymore.

I think that’s true for most people.

Though I am leaning toward a local who simply wanted to do this crime....maybe there is a reason to target the Closs family...maybe not
But....
to expound on afterthought in my other post...
what if...

Jayme was being abused (NOT by the parents, or necessarily family either)...
She has had enough, threatens to tell...says she's going to tell her dad that night...

I can only imagine how frantic and fearful of consequences the abuser would be.....and in their twisted minds: angry.

Only thing here: I'm not sure what the psychological profile of a sexual abuser is....are they the violent types? to go in guns blasting.....?
I'd think the slink and hide types when confronted, even if they could be public figures otherwise, or upstanding in the community...
Point being: how far would they go to cover this up.....?
JMO pure speculation....

Groenes. another family destroyed .

That is one case that will forever haunt me.
Duncan was the true meaning of pure diabolical evil.

No horror show ever made could even come close to what Dylan and Shasta endured at the hands of a mass murdering sadist pedophile.

To this very day I see Dylan's little smiling face before he crossed path with the monster who took his life in such a brutal way after torturing and raping him and his little sister for weeks.

It is one of the worst or maybe the very worst case I ever followed and to know Duncan videoed it all still gives me nightmares at times even years later.

Jmo

Though I am leaning toward a local who simply wanted to do this crime....maybe there is a reason to target the Closs family...maybe not
But....
to expound on afterthought in my other post...
what if...

Jayme was being abused (NOT by the parents, or necessarily family either)...
She has had enough, threatens to tell...says she's going to tell her dad that night...

I can only imagine how frantic and fearful of consequences the abuser would be.....and in their twisted minds: angry.

Only thing here: I'm not sure what the psychological profile of a sexual abuser is....are they the violent types? to go in guns blasting.....?
I'd think the slink and hide types when confronted, even if they could be public figures otherwise, or upstanding in the community...
Point being: how far would they go to cover this up.....?
JMO pure speculation....
We haven't heard much about the church she attended.

A friend mine is a dispatcher in South Dakota. After discussing at length tyesterdat the situation and the timeline about Jayme, I asked her for her educated guess as to what might have happened.

I was told:
"Sounds like Jayme at some point was at the wrong place at the wrong time... And heard something she wasn't supposed to or intercepted info she wasn't supposed have. This young lady sounds like an innocent young girl. The likelihood of her meeting a man online---probability is doubtful. However, if she had heard something that she was not supposed to. Let's say for example a (sex trafficking ring). Her life would very much be in jeopardy and a target. It is plausible the parents were killed immediately--because perpetrators would have no positive proof she hadn't told them anything.
The length of time in the house lends to the assumption they were looking for something.
And it is substantially likely the perpetrators heard the voice of the dispatch on the 911 requesting what was their emergency. In all probability the perpetrators weren't expecting anyone to get the chance to call 911 and when they did they knew they only had seconds to get out of the house.
If Jayme had overheard or saw something on paper she was not supposed to...and it was sex trafficking Not only would they want the information she had but they would take her also and add her to the trafficking.
They would have been watching the house, they would have waited for the father to come home.
Also if the perpetrators were demanding something from her that they thought she had, they would eventually extract this information from her, and in the dark of the night go back to the crime scene to locate it. This could be the reason why there is a pole cam on the property.
Add to this"if" she had the chance to run out a door or jump out a window, the perpatrtors would have auxillery perps outside the premises on guard. And if she did make it out of the house LE K-9's would have been brought in and would have found her sent leaving the house.
Also don't underestime LE keeping close to the vest critical details."
----------------
After she said all of this, I left our conversation numb...........

That is a good thinking and sleuthing post. Thanks for sharing that thought.
Thank you, cody22. There's obviously a reason why LE has those cameras up. I also wonder if they're thinking that someone might drop her off alive like Nathaniel Kibby did with his victim 9 months later. Such a shame that LE back then didn't think to put cameras out and around her home and neighborhood back then.

To be real honest, I think we might be looking at something so bizarre here I question whether it will ever be solved unless LE has fingerprints or dna that we’re not aware of.
Or security video, which was the turning point in solving the Tibbetts case. Hopefully, this one will be solved and soon. JMO

That is one case that will forever haunt me.
Duncan was the true meaning of pure diabolical evil.

No horror show ever made could even come close to what Dylan and Shasta endured at the hands of a mass murdering sadist pedophile.

To this very day I see Dylan's little smiling face before he crossed path with the monster who took his life in such a brutal way after torturing and raping him and his little sister for weeks.

It is one of the worst or maybe the very worst case I ever followed and to know Duncan videoed it all still gives me nightmares at times even years later.

Jmo
Can't imagine living through that. Awful. Her problems with drugs, etc.. years later just a direct result of that horrific man

A friend mine is a dispatcher in South Dakota. After discussing at length tyesterdat the situation and the timeline about Jayme, I asked her for her educated guess as to what might have happened.

I was told:
"Sounds like Jayme at some point was at the wrong place at the wrong time... And heard something she wasn't supposed to or intercepted info she wasn't supposed have. This young lady sounds like an innocent young girl. The likelihood of her meeting a man online---probability is doubtful. However, if she had heard something that she was not supposed to. Let's say for example a (sex trafficking ring). Her life would very much be in jeopardy and a target. It is plausible the parents were killed immediately--because perpetrators would have no positive proof she hadn't told them anything.
The length of time in the house lends to the assumption they were looking for something.
And it is substantially likely the perpetrators heard the voice of the dispatch on the 911 requesting what was their emergency. In all probability the perpetrators weren't expecting anyone to get the chance to call 911 and when they did they knew they only had seconds to get out of the house.
If Jayme had overheard or saw something on paper she was not supposed to...and it was sex trafficking Not only would they want the information she had but they would take her also and add her to the trafficking.
They would have been watching the house, they would have waited for the father to come home.
Also if the perpetrators were demanding something from her that they thought she had, they would eventually extract this information from her, and in the dark of the night go back to the crime scene to locate it. This could be the reason why there is a pole cam on the property.
Add to this"if" she had the chance to run out a door or jump out a window, the perpatrtors would have auxillery perps outside the premises on guard. And if she did make it out of the house LE K-9's would have been brought in and would have found her sent leaving the house.
----------------
Ok so what could she have had that someone wanted? A cell phone video or photo? An audio recording? I think sex trafficking may be going a bit far but we could jump off that idea: maybe a friend confided sexual assault or ongoing abuse to her? Or someone thought someone did so? Perhaps they were afraid or who she would “rat” to? And the consequence for themselves? That may make sense as a 13yr old kid definitely hears that sort of stuff from friends etc. Maybe they thought she put it in a diary? Maybe the perp was a teacher then and not some raged druggies? Or maybe a friend’s family member or fam friend? Someone may not even realize that something they may* have confided in Jayme or that she discovered may be what put her in harms way. It’s possible for sure.

Going back to the dogs: were k9 dogs used immediately at the scene? If not, why not?

The only bizarre thing that I can think of, and it sounds way way out there- is some satanic cult of some sort.

That's my last bizarre scenario on the top of my head, and something I haven't seen anyone else mention before. If anyone did, I apologize ahead of time- I must have missed it.
Despite what the media in the 80s and 90s may have reported, that sort of thing doesn’t happen with any regularity.

It’s lead to wrongful convictions, and dead end after dead end.

Mass hysteria, not rooted in fact.

I was told:
----------------

I am simply speechless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members