AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe current FBI are allowed to talk about any case that is ongoing so I'll take that with a grain of salt. JMO
That is pretty much my thought too. Was curious if anyone else read it. They may have sources that are on point for celeb mag bs but I thought it was odd that someone from FBI would say anything about an open case. Plus, I would think the sheriff would give that info first and , though leaks happen, I doubt this type of venue would be the first choice over a news station etc

I am not exactly educated on the personality who steals undergarments, especially from a young teen, to wear. It is highly suggested of a distorted mind to want the used clothes of a young missing girl - it is odd, to say the least.

It is not what I think a typical transgender or gay cross-dresser would do. So to dismiss him so quickly must be based on an understanding that while this is odd, and why he just didn’t go buy pink tank tops at Wal-Mart, is likely due to the investigatory work done.

All the same, that lead has been shut down, and he is charged for stealing. That’s it.

I have to agree with you. I know I did this morning, but I’m not sure that it’s actually useful to speculate on why he did this. It’s odd behavior for sure, but (and it makes me ill to type this), the market for used girls panties definitely exists, especially if they are “famous” in some way. But still, I think I detracts from the real goal, which is finding Jayme and getting justice for her family.

@WiseOwl Question from your post
"Thanks for posting this. Alarming that if there's no progress by the end of the week then the 24/7 investigating team will be scaled down. Not good."
They are scaling down at the end of that week? I haven't seen that. Is there a link? TIA

@Gardener1850, did you find a statement from the sheriff that there was or was not anything missing from the home? This is the closest I have without looking:

It is unclear if Jayme took any of her personal items with her. Fitzgerald said he was working on gathering information if she had a phone or other items she would have definitely taken with her.
Two dead, girl missing in Barron County

@Gardener1850, did you find a statement from the sheriff that there was or was not anything missing from the home? This is the closest I have without looking:

It is unclear if Jayme took any of her personal items with her. Fitzgerald said he was working on gathering information if she had a phone or other items she would have definitely taken with her.
Two dead, girl missing in Barron County
Does this mean that Jayme is also thought to have runaway?

A new article ... what is billed as an exclusive interview Sheriff Fitzgerald with Fox 9.
EXCLUSIVE: Barron County Sheriff on Jayme Closs case: 'The hope is out there'

Not unexpected to see this part.

The joint investigative ground team in Barron has also been cut in half since its peak of 200-plus in the immediate aftermath of the brutal crime. So far, no new evidence has come in about Jayme's whereabouts.

That many people working for 2 weeks probably processed whatever evidence they have.

Like people have noted in previous threads, if this were the result of an online relationship, seems like they'd have made more progress/maybe have an arrest by now. Tho I imagine there's always more digging and analyzing to be done on digital assets and online activity.

Probably still waiting on DNA profiles from the scene . But other than getting a good DNA sample that doesn't match the mom/dad/daughter and matching it to a known DNA profile, police might be down to praying for someone to call in the right tip.

This is from very early in the investigation.

If they ever thought that Jayme ran away, they clearly don’t believe that now.

They just didn’t know what they were dealing with right away.
I’m guessing if she ran away they would have found something. I think Jayme is a victim of an non-family abduction.

I have to agree with you. I know I did this morning, but I’m not sure that it’s actually useful to speculate on why he did this. It’s odd behavior for sure, but (and it makes me ill to type this), the market for used girls panties definitely exists, especially if they are “famous” in some way. But still, I think I detracts from the real goal, which is finding Jayme and getting justice for her family.

That personality type who like to dress in women’s garments has happened before, where the interest in wearing negligee, stolen women’s clothes, but still kills women (I think of BTK). I think there was another with a fetish with women’s shoes. Since this appears to be a rabbit hole, I’ll leave it at that. Only making comparisons to help us understand. The burglary suspect has some issues, and hope with his arrest, he gets some help.

From the article:

But Sheriff Fitzgerald explained the possible lead also proved to be a dead end as Jaenke-Annis didn’t have a vehicle and his alibis checked out.

Must mean a vehicle involved is so key.
True. He also said if no more
leads come in, he will draw down the investigation even further within the week.

Especially if he only stole a few items. Assuming he thought he'd hit the jackpot - an empty house guaranteed to have no owner returning to - he could have hauled out a heck of a lot more items, even if he was on a bicycle... in a backpack or a few bags. I still don't think he was taking anything for Jayme, if she is still alive, or else it'd be practical items like jeans, shoes, socks, a COAT... not underwear and a few tops and a dress. But ... is he of a small stature? Would a 13 yr old's items fit a grown small man? Hard to imagine. That could be a clue (or not) here. He'd have to be awfully thin and small.

Last edited:
Does this mean that Jayme is also thought to have runaway?
Definitely not.
I’m guessing if she ran away they would have found something. I think Jayme is a victim of an non-family abduction.
Here's a later article, sorry if I've confused anyone. :(

A Wisconsin teenager who has been missing since her parents were found dead in their home isn’t a runaway and investigators believe she’s in danger, a sheriff said Tuesday.
Sheriff: Missing Wisconsin teenager in danger, not a runaway

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads