AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Gardener1850, did you find a statement from the sheriff that there was or was not anything missing from the home? This is the closest I have without looking:

It is unclear if Jayme took any of her personal items with her. Fitzgerald said he was working on gathering information if she had a phone or other items she would have definitely taken with her.
Two dead, girl missing in Barron County

Thanks Pommy. No, I have not found the statement I was looking for yet. Maybe I'm getting this mixed up with another case. I'm going to compile a post with all the press links in one spot next for anyone who wants to only watch the press conferences in order.

As difficult as it is for me to think or say, I feel like the search for Jayme, and the killer(s) of her parents is growing colder by the day. The fact that it is this way after 2 weeks, leads me to believe that it could not have been done by some young punks. It was cold, calculated and brazen.

Definitely not.

Here's a later article, sorry if I've confused anyone. :(

A Wisconsin teenager who has been missing since her parents were found dead in their home isn't a runaway and investigators believe she's in danger, a sheriff said Tuesday.

He declined to elaborate as to why investigators believe she didn't run away from home, saying that disclosing more information would compromise their investigation.

"I'm telling you, Jayme is missing and endangered," Fitzgerald said.
https://abc7chicago.com/amber-alert...in-danger-not-a-runaway-sheriff-says/4494217/
The link doesn’t work.

As difficult as it is for me to think or say, I feel like the search for Jayme, and the killer(s) of her parents is growing colder by the day. The fact that it is this way after 2 weeks, leads me to believe that it could not have been done by some young punks. It was cold, calculated and brazen.

It is getting colder by the day. The hope is the car(s) will be identified. Hopefully Jayme is still alive and has the opportunity to make a break for it, or the investigators get the right tip to find her in her entrapment. We will see, and hope. Such a good discussion today. Night, all.

I saw this mentioned by another WS member, not sure which. I am bad about that, my apologies. I'm curious how many underground bunkers are nearby or even within a couple hours of Barron. Anybody know? And how would one go about finding that information? I was just thinking: my grandparents had a underground storm shelter, bunker, whatever. It was in their lake, trailer home property. I wonder, what if nobody mentioned those, after a while nobody would know that existed. Only reason I know about that shelter is because I stayed in it during a tornado warning. Are there records of underground bunkers? Straw grasping going on here lol

That many people working for 2 weeks probably processed whatever evidence they have.

Like people have noted in previous threads, if this were the result of an online relationship, seems like they'd have made more progress/maybe have an arrest by now. Tho I imagine there's always more digging and analyzing to be done on digital assets and online activity.

Probably still waiting on DNA profiles from the scene . But other than getting a good DNA sample that doesn't match the mom/dad/daughter and matching it to a known DNA profile, police might be down to praying for someone to call in the right tip.
There are a couple ways a predator can hide their identity on the internet. Clueless about the cell phone apps but have some understanding about personal computers (I'm the extended family go to for PC issues). Read a number of tech, security, and geek blogs.

Not convinced an internet predator is responsible for the Closs crime but with the lack of information any of the scenarios posted here are possibilities.

This is from very early in the investigation.

If they ever thought that Jayme ran away, they clearly don’t believe that now.

They just didn’t know what they were dealing with right away.
Ive been thinking about something Id like other thoughts on. Maybe its been discussed and I missed it? But is it possible whoever did this took Jayme (or planned to take her) intentionally thinking LE would believe she did this and ran away, except it backfired with the 911 call, and when they left behind whatever it is LE found that states otherwise? The only thing I cant explain, if this was the case, is the door being kicked in. Also, could there have been somewhere or something they needed access to away from the house that Jayme could have provided? I was just trying to come up with....why did they want Jayme, besides the obvious. I think a lot of believe she was the target, but many also believe she is not alive anymore. Does that even really make sense though? If they wanted her, what did they want her for?

Definitely not.

Here's a later article, sorry if I've confused anyone. :(

A Wisconsin teenager who has been missing since her parents were found dead in their home isn't a runaway and investigators believe she's in danger, a sheriff said Tuesday.

He declined to elaborate as to why investigators believe she didn't run away from home, saying that disclosing more information would compromise their investigation.

"I'm telling you, Jayme is missing and endangered," Fitzgerald said.
https://abc7chicago.com/amber-alert...in-danger-not-a-runaway-sheriff-says/4494217/

The link doesn’t work.

Here is a link from another media source containing the same info ...

Sheriff: 'I'm telling you, Jayme is missing and endangered'

Ive been thinking about something Id like other thoughts on. Maybe its been discussed and I missed it? But is it possible whoever did this took Jayme (or planned to take her) intentionally thinking LE would believe she did this and ran away, except it backfired with the 911 call, and when they left behind whatever it is LE found that states otherwise? The only thing I cant explain, if this was the case, is the door being kicked in. Also, could there have been somewhere or something they needed access to away from the house that Jayme could have provided? I was just trying to come up with....why did they want Jayme, besides the obvious. I think a lot of believe she was the target, but many also believe she is not alive anymore. Does that even really make sense though? If they wanted her, what did they want her for?
I doubt that at any point, this guy thought about framing Jayme. Criminals generally aren’t that sophisticated, and this crime appears no different.

Her being alive or dead, is contingent upon the motive for her kidnapping in the first place.

My feeling is that it is overwhelmingly likely, that she is no longer alive.

I wasn't able to respond to the survey on the previous thread about whether or not we thought Jayme was the target for the perp of this crime. I just wanted to respond to that and say that YES, I firmly believe the perp's goal was to take Jayme. All of the possible reasons why were mentioned by previous posters. Praying for the Closs family and friends and for Jayme's safe return

I doubt that at any point, this guy thought about framing Jayme. Criminals generally aren’t that sophisticated, and this crime appears no different.

Her being alive or dead, is contingent upon the motive for her kidnapping in the first place.

My feeling is that it is overwhelmingly likely, that she is no longer alive.
The motive confuses me so much. I just dont understand taking her to kill her somewhere else. I kinda agree though. I just cant "like" what you said, so I had to reply. Sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member