AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The cars wanted could be anywhere in over two weeks times. Nothing wrong with reporting similar vehicles...LE can follow up or not. The longer LE is looking for them the more likely they are involved, imo, as who could have been in this small town on that night and not be aware of the crimes? Even if they hadn’t heard about specific vehicles, once they realized they had been right there...they should have called LE at once and told them where and when they drove through.

LE going on “hope”is scary, as it denotes lack of real evidence, or at least any that points to a particular person. In kidnapping case in the past, LE has issued APD as soon as they have details, even when a young girl is thought to be with the perp...and sometimes found them alive i.e Brittany from Virginia some years back, after her mother was murdered. There is NO WAY they have a suspect and are keeping quiet about it.
Jmo

Ok, you are wrong! Nobody said he took off work after football due to hangover.
I believe he worked a night shift. Hard to watch Monday night football while you are at work. He prol would take Monday off from work to watch the game.
I just felt compelled to clarify that.
Happy Halloween
Actually, I believe it was said that if there was a Packer's game on a Monday night, he'd take off Tuesday because of his hangover which implies he worked mornings. If he worked the 2nd shift, he wouldn't have been home at the time of the murders. MOO

Here is the link for the body found 3 hours west of Barron.

Body Found in Kandiyohi County Field
I know people in both towns, and I don't think many, if any people in one town even knows the other exists. I find it hard to believe the 2 cases are related, although stranger things have happened. MOO

Last edited:
Investigative Force in Closs Disappearance To Be Cut By Half, Sheriff Says
Within days the number of law enforcement in town - participating in ground operations like searches in and around the Closs home, cornfields and nearby land - swelled to 200. That included local deputies, the Wisconsin Department of Justice, FBI and ATF agents and other police agencies.

The investigative force will be cut in half going forward, from 200 to 100 as the journey to find Closs enters a new phase. The focus now is online communications and messaging apps.

News of the new investigative approach touched families on Halloween night, who supervised their kids out trick or treating, like MC of Cameron. "I was really looking forward to this, but it became a bit spooky considering what happened," she said.

MC's mom, KG, only allowed her daughter out after dark if she drove alongside her as Crain walked through town with friends to knock on doors. "I keep them close at hand anywhere they go now, they aren't allowed out of my sight," said Gronski.

Other parents in the town of Cameron simply refused to let their kids out for the night. The Barron County sheriff said extra patrols were out for the holiday, but the agency does that every year for safety's sake.

Barron Co. Parents Take Extra Precautions This Halloween After Jayme Closs Disappearance
“Parents are watching all kids, regardless if they’re their kids or not, so everybody is keeping a safe eye out,” said Chetek mother D.

The case remains unsolved, but things are slowly getting back to normal, even though residents must live their lives with a new set of worries.

Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald told WCCO-TV Wednesday that tips in the Closs case have slowed down.

Fitzgerald is expected to announce more details Thursday about the operations of the case, as they will be scaling back some.

Well, would that put him working day shifts?
When I linked to your link you had, there was breaking news that a swat team was in Rothschild Wi. I believe that is due east from Narron maybe an hour or two. Interesting.

Right by my hometown. I also saw that. Both breaking news stories right now are such straight shots from Barron too. Probably unrelated but I think everyone is just anxious for news.

Dad could have claimed he was working because he just didn't want to go to the party. I know people who tell lies like that all the time to get out of things or leave early. One coworker was quoted as saying he would take Tuesdays off because he would have hangovers after the game. He might have been planning to do that again that week. Would someone get tired of always having to take his shift because he was too hungover?
Is it possible the killer thought Jayme wasn't going to be there that night? They could have watched and looked through the windows (those broken blinds everyone hates to hear about over and over) and not seen her because she was asleep already.
They come to the door angry and dad meets them and argues. Killer might have gone back to the car to get a gun and dad tried to close it but killer gets there and shoots him. Follows mom and shoots her. Jayme hears and walks into the room. Oh no, she wasn't supposed to be there. Jayme panics and grabs moms phone tried to call 911 but the killer wrestles with her and takes the phone. They didn't want her to be there and had no desire to kill her so what do they do now? Cops are going to come so grab her and take her some where. Try to convince her to tell a story that would absolve the killer of responsibility.

Do we know if Dad watched the Packer games at home or did he go to a bar and watch with other fans and perhaps got into a heated argument?
We have a good friend who played for the Packers years ago. Fans got more than a little passionate about losing games and some of the players hired security for their families. JMO

Do we know if Dad watched the Packer games at home or did he go to a bar and watch with other fans and perhaps got into a heated argument?
We have a good friend who played for the Packers years ago. Fans got more than a little passionate about losing games and some of the players hired security for their families. JMO

The Packers won the game October 15.

So what is everyone's view of what it is saying here?
I don’t think for a second that LE wasn’t focused on the digital trail from the very beginning.

I think that this is a roundabout way of saying that they have pretty much exhausted all leads in regards to tips, searches, and video.

Now they’re hoping that any digital evidence that they have, pans out.

This sounds so much better than “we pretty much only have the digital angle to pursue at this point.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members