AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With it being Halloween everyone's out walking around, it wouldn't surprise me if a shallow grave could be found. (Not saying Jayme is in one) I really wish the police would have given out more details with everyone out and about tonight. Jmo

"The focus now is online communications and messaging apps." It sounds like they weren't focusing on online communications and messaging from the start, which would indicate they don't believe this is the result of an online predator or similar, but now they are? I agree with @Confusion - it sounds like they're running out of leads sadly. Not necessarily tips, but leads. And sadly I don't think they had many to begin with.

I do agree strongly, based on intuition and nothing more, with a previous post that the perp (if one person) is likely someone ostracized from otherwise well functioning/normal family and friends. Whether due to a drug problem, mental health issues (more likely a personality disorder, especially an antisocial one, than something such as depression or anxiety, although that's of course possible too), financial issues, abuse/trauma/PTSD, anything that would prevent someone from being a contributing member of society. Not necessarily connected to the Closs family, but within their own family, I feel strongly that they are somehow ostracized.

If two people, I see the wrong house hit as very possible/likely. I don't see it as meth addicts because while they would likely be violent, unpredictable, delusional, psychotic, the whole nine yards, I also don't know how they could have covered their trail so well. However, if it's meth (or other drug) dealers and/or their associates - people who deal drugs for the big money, do business with no remorse for who gets hurt, as long as they get their money and keep their tracks covered, and who do not do the actual drugs themselves but know what a huge clientele base (for lack of a better word) they have in the area with the apparent addiction problems in Barron, that makes sense to me. They would be skilled at covering their tracks, at doing business. If the people (two, three, who knows) who went to / were sent to the Closs house by their boss, did get the wrong house, for whatever reason (Google maps, poor visibility at night, bad information from informants (is that the right word for criminals who share information with each other?) whether they had the wrong family or the wrong house, or whether someone in the Closs family unknowingly saw/heard something they weren't supposed to - this I think is a possibility), then it makes sense that if they entered the house expecting a couple to "take out" or extort drugs/money/information from, and found a child, and they had only been instructed to deal with two adults, it makes sense that these two people would take the child back to their "boss" to ask them what to do with her. And I hate to think what their drug dealing boss' answer would be.

I truly hope it's a deeply misguided individual believing they are a savior rescuing Jayme and she is somewhere safe, warm, being fed and cared for, scared out of her wits, but at least physically safe.

Almost every theory on here makes sense except that it doesn't. It's like trying to put together a puzzle but every time you're almost finished, a different piece is missing each time.

Well this turned into a much longer post than I anticipated! All MOO, JMO!

I don’t think for a second that LE wasn’t focused on the digital trail from the very beginning.

I think that this is a roundabout way of saying that they have pretty much exhausted all leads in regards to tips, searches, and video.

Now they’re hoping that any digital evidence that they have, pans out.
That would have been the first place that they dug into- online posts, texts, social media, etc. I have no doubt that LE has already thoroughly been over all three of their online activities. A new poster who is an EMT had a chilling story a page back. Talked about how there are evil people who feed off of one another and do violent things, without any provocation. This could still be the case here. Rare, I know, but it does on occasion happen.

Something I haven't seen mentioned, and probably for good reason: isn't it just as likely that one of the parents met a stalker on the Internet as it is that Jayme did? I know I was pretty close to DC's age when I had one that got to the point of needing police involvement, and there was nothing romantic about our interactions. I think it could be especially possible if one of them never put pictures, their full name or gender in their profiles. I'm not saying that either was pretending to be someone they weren't, but someone may have gotten that impression. It's even possible that the person believed whoever it was to be a young teen (possibly poor grammar and spelling, which is the case with a lot of adults), and thought it was Jayme he'd been talking to. If they have been looking into her online action and found nothing, that could be why. MOO

So what is everyone's view of what it is saying here?
Not enough tips for keeping that many individuals committed to the crime investigation. Surprised that they are concentrating on the digital aspect going forward. I would think after two weeks that avenue of investigation would have thoroughly been researched considering the agencies involved?

A family member after the funeral said it to demonstrate how much he loved the Packers. I realize the timeline doesn’t make sense but they do have games on Tues nights as well.
Here's the Packer's 2018 regular schedule. No Tuesday games and prior to the murders, all games on Sunday. October 15, the Packers game was on a Monday night so Dad may have worked Sunday in order to take Monday night off.

He had a lot of seniority at Jennie-O so if he wanted to schedule time-off to watch a game, they likely accommodated his request.

Green Bay Packers 2018 Regular Season Schedule - NFL.com

I was going to ask why no one was considering messaging apps or so called hidden messaging. You can download game apps that have chat features. A former friend met his mistress through chat on an app called Song Pop.

We did talk about this a few pages back.

My take is that they've already been through these things, that it was one of the first things they did, but now they're going back over them again.

I have wondered if perhaps Jayme had a second phone. My 11-year-old son had a cell phone for 6 months that my husband and I didn't know anything about. Although we'd told him he couldn't have one, my mom went over our heads and bought one for him and was putting money on it. She made him promise not to tell us. Yeah. That went over well when we found out.

Not accusing Jayme of anything nefarious here. Kids her age do sometimes trade phones, borrow each others, etc.

It's easy enough to check all the apps, messages, downloads, etc when you have the phone in hand or when you can sign into the Cloud or app program and look. But if you don't know that the phone exists at all...

Something I haven't seen mentioned, and probably for good reason: isn't it just as likely that one of the parents met a stalker on the Internet as it is that Jayme did? I know I was pretty close to DC's age when I had one that got to the point of needing police involvement, and there was nothing romantic about our interactions. I think it could be especially possible if one of them never put pictures, their full name or gender in their profiles. I'm not saying that either was pretending to be someone they weren't, but someone may have gotten that impression. It's even possible that the person believed whoever it was to be a young teen (possibly poor grammar and spelling, which is the case with a lot of adults), and thought it was Jayme he'd been talking to. If they have been looking into her online action and found nothing, that could be why. MOO
If that did happen, we can’t really exclude anything at this point, it could be they stalked Jayme through one of the parents. Just like some predators get to their victims by befriending family members in real life.

This is my first post so i'm not sure if i quoted mntnhiker right. I have followed several cases on webslauth but I have never posted before. I have followed every thread about this case since I heard about it. This post had me thinking. So I am a paramedic in the county the murder happened that you speak of. This pizza shop he worked at(and that most of those 4 boys worked at one time) is literally directly across from our station and we all get dinner there alot. Those boys were particularly violent. They beat the parents(who were older) repeatedly in the head and even after shooting their daughter continued to be violant towards them as she laid dying. They seemed to feed off each other. This case was obviously solved however looking at this case before it was solved, you might have thought it showed rage, the way they came in, beat elderly people while screaming exposives and shooting the daughter. When in fact these boys didn't even know them other then seeing them while delivering pizza. So here is some thoughts that I have.

1. How many people do we come in contact with on a daily basis that are just evil people and we have no idea. I frequently went to that pizza shop and interacted with those murderers and had no idea they were pure evil.

2. Maybe this murder wasnt rage towards dc and jc. Its possible it was multiple evil people that fed off each other while committing these terrible acts. I have unfortunately been on many violant calls and its not uncommon to have criminals feed off each other while committing crimes and giving no second thought of their actions.

Why Jayme was taking I have no idea but these were just a few things that came to my mind. I hope they find her alive.

Welcome Emtgirl with your first post.:):):)
You certainly provide a great deal of info being a paramedic, and knowing of a previous violent case.
This thought of 'evil people' we are in contact with, and have no idea, has me thinking.
Would an event escalate into such violence, due to the character of the offender, not the initial contact with a person ie you may bump into someone by accident, and they fly into a rage, due to their nature, perhaps later seeking further action.

The cars wanted could be anywhere in over two weeks times. Nothing wrong with reporting similar vehicles...LE can follow up or not. The longer LE is looking for them the more likely they are involved, imo, as who could have been in this small town on that night and not be aware of the crimes? Even if they hadn’t heard about specific vehicles, once they realized they had been right there...they should have called LE at once and told them where and when they drove through.

LE going on “hope”is scary, as it denotes lack of real evidence, or at least any that points to a particular person. In kidnapping case in the past, LE has issued APD as soon as they have details, even when a young girl is thought to be with the perp...and sometimes found them alive i.e Brittany from Virginia some years back, after her mother was murdered. There is NO WAY they have a suspect and are keeping quiet about it.
Jmo
I disagree. In the Tibbetts case, LE and the family publicly expressed hope up to the point her body was found and identified. But for days before that announcement, LE had security video evidence that they were intensely analyzing to identify the vehicle. The announcement Mollie's body was found was made AFTER a suspect was in custody. JMO

Reminds me of the Talhotblond movie based on a real internet love triangle where people didn't disclose/hid their real ages and looks.

Here's the Packer's 2018 regular schedule. No Tuesday games and prior to the murders, all games on Sunday. October 15, the Packers game was on a Monday night so Dad may have worked Sunday in order to take Monday night off.

He had a lot of seniority at Jennie-O so if he wanted to schedule time-off to watch a game, they likely accommodated his request.

When the Packers played on Monday nights, he’d take Tuesday off (not Monday) in anticipation of having a hangover. The implication is that he worked first shift and didn’t want to get up early on Tuesday to go to work. If he worked second shift, he’d have more time to sober up before going to work. He wouldn’t feel so compelled to take the day off.

When the Packers played on Monday nights, he’d take Tuesday off (not Monday) in anticipation of having a hangover. The implication is that he worked first shift and didn’t want to get up early on Tuesday to go to work. If he worked second shift, he’d have more time to sober up before going to work. He wouldn’t feel so compelled to take the day off.
Not necessarily. I can assure you that a hangover can last all day.

Can we PLEASE move on for now about whether or not the father worked that day so that he could get drunk and hungover during the football game? We have no evidence from LE that he even worked that day- the grandfather said it in an interview, and that could be correct.

I know the friend said he would take that Tuesday off because he was hung over (at the funeral), but could they have just been joking around- maybe he did it once, and it's something they never let him live it down?

We just have no proof he worked that day or not, and no proof of him taking Tuesdays or Fridays or whatever days after a game because of a hangover!

Perhaps that was a previous season because the first Monday game of the 2018 season was the Monday night after they were murdered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member