AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the article:

But Sheriff Fitzgerald explained the possible lead also proved to be a dead end as Jaenke-Annis didn’t have a vehicle and his alibis checked out.

Must mean a vehicle involved is so key.
It seems to be an important piece. So it begs the question how are they sure a vehicle was involved? There’s gotta be more than just the video from nearby cams. I’m guessing tire tracks on the driveway / grass... maybe some kicked up gravel along the side of the road?

Going back to the KTJ guy for a minute - he parked his bike at a laundromat and walked to the house. How long a walk is that? Did he walk along a main road? A trail? Is it possible that a perp also parked at the laundromat and walked down and walked back out to the car with Jayme?

I initially assumed perp might be wearing blood spatter and or possible battle wounds but the time they have spent in the house - who knows what happened? Maybe someone showered and switched into some of dad’s clothes then abducted Jayme? That may have explained someone tied to a chair (Jayme Tied while someone cleans up?). Maybe then she gets loose and gets the 911 call made? Maybe it’s really simpler than I’ve been envisioning and someone wanted her and was taking time to clean up before escaping back to their car.

Dance recitals...do those attract pedos? Hate to wonder, since I danced in 10-12 of them as a kid myself and had my kid and nieces in them, and since dancing and performing is such a positive thing for young people.
Hope not. I realize the tickets are usually sold directly to other family members, not just to random guys.
It’s just a thought. I don’t really have a theory. I’m just trying to stay positive for Jayme.

Yes. IMO. But often they look just like all the other citizens in attendance at a public community event. The person may have had a reason to be there-- their own child, niece, grandchild, sister, or neighbor's kid may have been on stage with Jayme. Or they may be a member of the church or an employee of the school and learned about an event that way. I feel like as time goes on and no connection is found to anyone known who wanted to harm the Closs family and take Jayme, that this may end up being a person who only saw her once or twice and has no real connection to the family. It's scary to think about but that's where I am right now in my thoughts. If there was an online or close connection LE would have found it by now. I hope they have asked parents of Jayme's classmates and fellow dancers for video and photos from events like that one. I hope they are looking for anyone in the background of videos and photos who may appear to be watching her or her classmates a little too intensely. JMHO.

Th
I’m certainly willing to go that route. To get there though, I would need to know more about the timeline that day.

Where exactly did mom and daughter go?

What time did they get home?

What about dad?

Perhaps this was opportunistic, and this guy followed them home at some point.

I simply need more information in order to make this a likely possibility.

It’s on the table though.
Yes, we definitely would need the right piece of information. If what some are fearing is true and she is found dead and there are still no leads concerning a suspect, then I will really start to wonder. For now I am hoping this will end as happy as it possibly can, with Jayme safe and unharmed.

SABBM

Agreed.
Somethings' definitely rotten in Denmark, and all that. Imo.
Here's my .02 --- IF LE didn't want him to be considered connected to this case in any way--- why release information about him and state which house he was apprehended at ?
Why?
Of course people are going to infer a possible connection, no matter what.

So does LE have a different plan they're working on ?
If this burglar has nothing to do with it, LE could've just processed him and kept quiet about it/him.
LE have certainly been tight-lipped about many other aspects of this case.

Once he was charged it became public record. Better just be honest as

To many people are watching

To many knew it happened.

The only aspect bothering me are the court orders if no contact for kids and no property contact.

It seems to be an important piece. So it begs the question how are they sure a vehicle was involved? There’s gotta be more than just the video from nearby cams. I’m guessing tire tracks on the driveway / grass... maybe some kicked up gravel along the side of the road?

Going back to the KTJ guy for a minute - he parked his bike at a laundromat and walked to the house. How long a walk is that? Did he walk along a main road? A trail? Is it possible that a perp also parked at the laundromat and walked down and walked back out to the car with Jayme?

I initially assumed perp might be wearing blood spatter and or possible battle wounds but the time they have spent in the house - who knows what happened? Maybe someone showered and switched into some of dad’s clothes then abducted Jayme? That may have explained someone tied to a chair (Jayme Tied while someone cleans up?). Maybe then she gets loose and gets the 911 call made? Maybe it’s really simpler than I’ve been envisioning and someone wanted her and was taking time to clean up before escaping back to their car.
Had this guy parked some distance away, he likely would have been spotted by arriving police.

I can’t imagine that he committed the entry that he did, and then hung around to take a shower and change.

Going in the way he did, doesn’t seem to jibe with a guy being cautious, and parking some distance away.

I think he pulled right up that driveway, and LE has captured that vehicle on camera, traveling along the likely egress route.

I don’t get the impression that police are suffering from a lack of help from residents in the area.

I simply think that these people don’t have a lot to offer.
I believe I read the sheriff had a meeting with only Barron residents. No press allowed. Shhhh was the tone.

Had this guy parked some distance away, he likely would have been spotted by arriving police.

I can’t imagine that he committed the entry that he did, and then hung around to take a shower and change.

Going in the way he did, doesn’t seem to jibe with a guy being cautious, and parking some distance away.

I think he pulled right up that driveway, and LE has captured that vehicle on camera, traveling along the likely egress route.

Agreed. If he was brazen enough to break down the door, I don't think he would have taken precautionary measures. I am doubtful that he was inside for 20 minutes. I just think the neighbor looked at the clock wrong. I just see this as an in and out quick thing.

Agreed. If he was brazen enough to break down the door, I don't think he would have taken precautionary measures. I am doubtful that he was inside for 20 minutes. I just think the neighbor looked at the clock wrong. I just see this as an in and out quick thing.
I’m with you on all of that.

Yes and another curious thing to me is that they clearly wasted no time leaving, yet the neighbors didnt hear them leave. I do believe the lady said she was still awake at 1am. IF that Dodge was involved, it would most likely be heard, if not, then at least them speeding out of the driveway and down the road.

Does anyone feel like maybe this wasn't this guy's first time committing a crime like this? Like maybe he has killed before and was looking to increase the thrill or the satisfaction? Could he have sexually assaulted a victim before and this time wanted to go all out and kill a few people? Or maybe killed before and this time wanted to try kidnapping a child. If he really did kill both parents with one shot each, maybe he's had some experience. I don't necessarily have a reason to think one way or the other, but I was curious if anyone felt like he's done something similar, or has killed before.

Yes. If it was the first time he was incredibly lucky to get away. I think he has done other crimes, but maybe undetected. Or, if he served time, it may have been long enough ago that his DNA may not be on file. JMO.

I assume wife had a garage stall, the other side maybe had lawn mower and other items. James prol just parked his outside mostly and used the front door mostly
I hope I did this right.
This is picture I was talking about. The red truck is not close to the front door and not on the driveway. at all. Just looks to me like it was hurriedly parked.

Attachments

• Dpj3olLW0AA8qcU.jpeg
    Dpj3olLW0AA8qcU.jpeg
    174.2 KB · Views: 142
Snipped by me to focus on just this one part of your comment.

I suspect none of the tracking dogs picked up a scent that went far from the house. If you read the 911 report they brought in the Sawyer County Search and Rescue Team. They do have a FB page and they are called out often - just two weeks before this they had been called out for searches 4 times in 5 days. They have 5 tracker dogs and 2 air-sniffers (which are either tracker or cadaver dogs). While dogs aren't perfect, I believe they would use more than one dog to attempt to track scents.

Once he was charged it became public record. Better just be honest as

To many people are watching

To many knew it happened.

The only aspect bothering me are the court orders if no contact for kids and no property contact.
Just to clarify. If you look at the court case record he was ordered to stay away from the property and the 5 named individuals (initials for the 2 minors) that lived there. So the no contact wasn't specifically the two minors or even the kids in general but all the individuals that lived in the household.

I hope I did this right.
This is picture I was talking about. The red truck is not close to the front door and not on the driveway. at all. Just looks to me like it was hurriedly parked.

We have discussed that photo in other threads. LE could have moved the truck to make room for the evidence truck and other vehicles needed to take the bodies away. As far as I know, we don't have any reporter video from the early morning hours before it was light out to see if that is where the red truck was the whole time. LE did move that trashcan behind the truck at one point, as it is not there in other photos.

Does anyone feel like maybe this wasn't this guy's first time committing a crime like this? Like maybe he has killed before and was looking to increase the thrill or the satisfaction? Could he have sexually assaulted a victim before and this time wanted to go all out and kill a few people? Or maybe killed before and this time wanted to try kidnapping a child. If he really did kill both parents with one shot each, maybe he's had some experience. I don't necessarily have a reason to think one way or the other, but I was curious if anyone felt like he's done something similar, or has killed before.
Actually I’d give this a 50/50 chance of being a hit.

We have discussed that photo in other threads. LE could have moved the truck to make room for the evidence truck and other vehicles needed to take the bodies away. As far as I know, we don't have any reporter video from the early morning hours before it was light out to see if that is where the red truck was the whole time. LE did move that trashcan behind the truck at one point, as it is not there in other photos.

I noticed it today when I was looking at the pictures of the guys cleaning up the crime scene. I guess it stood out to me because there were not all the police cars around it. Picture was sad to me because the entire place looks so barren and empty. Just awful...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme