AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone reminded of the Pike County murders by this case?
Not really. That case pisses me off, because I get the impression they know who did it, but just don’t have enough to nail them.

That was very well planned, methodical, and purposeful.

The killers have two things going for them:

Family bonds, and the fact that the drug growing operation has muddied the waters.

They’ve left the state, which further complicates things.

I believe that case was personal, and partially related to custody.

Is the red truck in all the pictures of the home, James Closs truck? I just really noticed today how far away from the house it is. If it's his truck, that does not fit to me.
I assume wife had a garage stall, the other side maybe had lawn mower and other items. James prol just parked his outside mostly and used the front door mostly

Molly’s case wasn’t that complicated though. Plenty of joggers have been kidnapped and murdered. I was under no allusions that the result would be any different in her case.

I just wasn’t sure if she knew her assailant or not. I always had atleast a suspicion that she didn’t know him, because of the Vanessa Marcotte case, which occurred a few miles from me.

I had something to compare it to, which was the point of my previous post.

There’s no comparison here.
The hardest part of Mollie’s case was establishing that anything happened. Weeks after week with absolutely zero evidence that a crime had even occurred.

True Crime Garage released an episode discussing the Jayme Closs case this evening:

Jayme Closs ////// 253 from True Crime Garage

Last time TCG covered an in-the-news case they discussed Mollie Tibbetts disappearance (all it was at the time). They happened to release part I of the MT podcast the same day LE announced Rivera's arrest. Maybe they'll bring similar luck to Jayme's case.

Thanks Pommy. No, I have not found the statement I was looking for yet. Maybe I'm getting this mixed up with another case. I'm going to compile a post with all the press links in one spot next for anyone who wants to only watch the press conferences in order.

You might want to post that at the beginning of this thread. It will be easier to find for newbys and old people such as myself who forget. If it’s even possible. Ask a mod.

It was 60 in Las Vegas today and my back is out. Thankful I’m not in Alaska now first SNOW yesterday. Anchorage had 197 fender benders. LE busy.

The hardest part of Mollie’s case was establishing that anything happened. Weeks after week with absolutely zero evidence that a crime had even occurred.
True. There was no proof that a crime had been committed in the first place.

I absolutely believed that there was a crime, but that is not proof.

Does anyone feel like maybe this wasn't this guy's first time committing a crime like this? Like maybe he has killed before and was looking to increase the thrill or the satisfaction? Could he have sexually assaulted a victim before and this time wanted to go all out and kill a few people? Or maybe killed before and this time wanted to try kidnapping a child. If he really did kill both parents with one shot each, maybe he's had some experience. I don't necessarily have a reason to think one way or the other, but I was curious if anyone felt like he's done something similar, or has killed before.

Hi all. Just weighing in on the day.

I work in a large mall at a small store next to Nordstrom. There was a Code Adam at around noon and it took mall security and the family longer than usual to find the missing child, about twenty minutes. When I got news that he was found and safe again with his family I literally almost collapsed with relief. All I could think about was Jayme and how desperately important it is for parents to watch their kids. If she was taken from the safety of her own home, a mall is so much worse. I know it's sort of off-topic, but I thought you folks might understand better than others why I felt so strongly during this event.

Anyhow, I've given it a lot of thought, and I really don't think JKA has anything to do with the murder of Jayme's parents or her disappearance. Based on what they've said about his previous record, I'm guessing his pathological need to steal and his fascination with young girls' clothing got the better of him. Of course, that's all JMO. I would like to play devil's advocate here though, as I'm extremely dedicated to treating every human with respect. Please do not attack me for saying this, but just because a convicted criminal likes prepubescant girls' panties, etc. doesn't make him a pedophile or a kidnapper. I think he's got severe issues, mentally and emotionally, but calling him names or trying to figure out why he did this won't get us further in this investigation, nor will it bring anyone up. It's very interesting, but I feel like the dialogue has become more focused on why or why not JKA wants panties instead of where Jayme is and her well-being.

I am NOT making accusations toward this community/forum, nor am I defending a criminal's illegal and pretty creepy actions. I just feel that it's important to speak my mind on this forum because I feel like I can make a difference here and with this case.

Back to theorizing, it's possible that JKA was manipulated by our unknown criminal mastermind and "sent in" as a decoy, but I find that highly unlikely. JMO, of course.

That's really all I have for today. I'll say it one last time, because I'm terrified of getting kicked off the only forum where I can actually talk to people who "get it". JMOJMOJMO IT'S ALL JMO FOLKS!!!
Also has 2 court order to avoid kids and property.

I agree. I am hoping the person that originally posted that info (or anyone else) will reply to my request for a supportive link. I cannot find anything it anywhere.
EXCLUSIVE: Barron County Sheriff on Jayme Closs case: 'The hope is out there'

The joint investigative ground team in Barron has also been cut in half since its peak of 200-plus in the immediate aftermath of the brutal crime. So far, no new evidence has come in about Jayme's whereabouts.

Only in the fact that a family was seemingly broken in on in the middle of the night and killed. There are quite a few extenuating circumstances in the Pike family case that do not seem to be present here.
Yep. I followed that one for 2 years. With all the technology, phones etc and they still cannot find the perps.

Or if her dance group was a small studio type place without a stage, perhaps they would hold a Christmas dance performance at a local church?
That's why I was wondering about that photo. Someone could have seen Jayme at that event, whatever it was, and taken an inappropriate interest.
:(
Dance recitals...do those attract pedos? Hate to wonder, since I danced in 10-12 of them as a kid myself and had my kid and nieces in them, and since dancing and performing is such a positive thing for young people.
Hope not. I realize the tickets are usually sold directly to other family members, not just to random guys.
It’s just a thought. I don’t really have a theory. I’m just trying to stay positive for Jayme.

SABBM

Agreed.
Somethings' definitely rotten in Denmark, and all that. Imo.
Here's my .02 --- IF LE didn't want him to be considered connected to this case in any way--- why release information about him and state which house he was apprehended at ?
Why?
Of course people are going to infer a possible connection, no matter what.

So does LE have a different plan they're working on ?
If this burglar has nothing to do with it, LE could've just processed him and kept quiet about it/him.
LE have certainly been tight-lipped about many other aspects of this case.
JMO, the info would come out regardless. If it hadn't come out by the sheriff it could have been explosive.and caused even more distraction from what LE needs to focus on. Better it comes from LE then the rumor mill.

Does anyone feel like maybe this wasn't this guy's first time committing a crime like this? Like maybe he has killed before and was looking to increase the thrill or the satisfaction? Could he have sexually assaulted a victim before and this time wanted to go all out and kill a few people? Or maybe killed before and this time wanted to try kidnapping a child. If he really did kill both parents with one shot each, maybe he's had some experience. I don't necessarily have a reason to think one way or the other, but I was curious if anyone felt like he's done something similar, or has killed before.
I’m certainly willing to go that route. To get there though, I would need to know more about the timeline that day.

Where exactly did mom and daughter go?

What time did they get home?

What about dad?

Perhaps this was opportunistic, and this guy followed them home at some point.

I simply need more information in order to make this a likely possibility.

It’s on the table though.

Former FBI official gives insight on Jayme Closs investigation
Loven has led many high-profile criminal cases during his 22 years with the bureau. He says the disappearance of Jayme Closs following the brutal murders of her parents is one of the most baffling ones yet.

Loven believes from the first moment police entered that home, a massive forensics investigation started within the house and online to trace the digital blueprints of the Closs family.

“Computers, laptop computers, cell phones, iPads, any electronic device - they want to grab all of those devices to do a complete and thorough analysis to see if they can put together a narrative to at least piece together whether or not there were communications between Jayme and someone else or the parents—just to find out what the communications were,” said Loven.

Loven believes investigators have a much more detailed picture of what happened to Jayme than they're letting on. He says there's a balance between keeping the public updated and protecting the integrity of the investigation.

To me just the fact that she vanished without a trace was convincing enough. In this case obviously a terrible crime occurred, but it's even more complex because nothing makes sense. It's like trying to put a puzzle together with the pieces scattered all over and missing.

I definitely feel like this wasnt their first crime. First murder, hard to say. But it would be hard for me to say an upstanding law abiding citizen did this. Im assuming violence in the past.

Are you sure you have the correct address? If it's off by a dot etc that will happen.[/ I’ll check and post it

This is a copy of Sheriffs tip info.

October 29, 2018 Update

We have received over 2000 tips and have closed over 1875 of them and continue to work on this case. Please continue to call in your tips

1-855-744-3879 or

Jaymetips@co.barron.wi.us

and we will bring Jayme home.

There is a tip out there that will break this case, keep them coming in. Thank you again for the community support behind the law enforcement effort on this case.

Also on Saturday Oct 27, 2018 we arrested Kyle Jaenke, 32 of Cameron for Burglary at the Closs home. Jaenke has been cleared of any involvement in the disappearance but was charged in Barron County Court today with Burglary and Bail Jumping.

Sheriff Fitzgerald

I messed up and posted in wrong spot. I blended 2 posts. Sorry.

I definitely feel like this wasnt their first crime. First murder, hard to say. But it would be hard for me to say an upstanding law abiding citizen did this. Im assuming violence in the past.
Agreed. It’s rare for a criminal to start with a double murder/kidnapping.

He started somewhere, and it wasn’t at the Closs home on that fateful night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme