AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your interesting perspective. My immediate thought was that this man was seeking trophies (panties) to nourish some memory of Jayme. <modsnip - accusing non POI>
Amateur opinion and speculation
SABBM

Agreed.
Somethings' definitely rotten in Denmark, and all that. Imo.
Here's my .02 --- IF LE didn't want him to be considered connected to this case in any way--- why release information about him and state which house he was apprehended at ?
Why?
Of course people are going to infer a possible connection, no matter what.

So does LE have a different plan they're working on ?
If this burglar has nothing to do with it, LE could've just processed him and kept quiet about it/him.
LE have certainly been tight-lipped about many other aspects of this case.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you think they busted through the door, killed her parents to assault and kill her? Thats what Im having trouble wrapping my mind around here. This is awful brutal for that is what Im saying. If they wanted to assault and kill her, why kill 2 other people as well? Why not abduct her from the bus stop or...idk. Im trying to make some kind of sense of it. If shes still alive then yea it makes more sense.
You’re not the only one confused here.

If it’s a robbery, why commit a kidnapping?

If it’s a kidnapping, why commit murder?

We simply don’t see this type of crime with regularity, which is a good thing I guess.

But the fact that this is so unusual, means that we have nothing to really compare it to.

A good way to develop a theory, is to compare a particular case to past cases.

Tough here.

SABBM

Agreed.
Somethings' definitely rotten in Denmark, and all that. Imo.
Here's my .02 --- IF LE didn't want him to be considered connected to this case in any way--- why release information about him and state which house he was apprehended at ?
Why?
Of course people are going to infer a possible connection, no matter what.

So does LE have a different plan they're working on ?
If this burglar has nothing to do with it, LE could've just processed him and kept quiet about it/him.
LE have certainly been tight-lipped about many other aspects of this case.
True. But criminal cases end up being a matter of public record.

It’s better to get in front of this, instead of having it blow up in your face.

I like the sheriff’s play here.

St. Peter’s also had a new roof put on in May. If she was at the church a lot, she could have also been seen by other random workers. Probably nothing, but we discussed potential workers at her house earlier. There are pictures of the new roof being done on the roofing company’s Facebook page.

I have also wondered about:

- construction workers at her school
- contract workers at her school (the people coming in to take school pictures, substitutes, bus driver aids, etc.)
- adult male relatives or friends of her friends' parents. (ie. Jayme stays after school for a function and "Tina's" visiting uncle from Minnesota comes to the school to pick Tina up. The man doesn't even register to Jayme, but she gets on HIS radar)
- delivery people to her home, church, or school
- visiting church members (visiting youth minister, visiting preacher, etc.)
- new employees at a restaurant/store/business she or her parents frequent

I would take a long, hard look at everyone she came in contact with over the past 6 weeks, no matter how brief that contact may have been. I would also grill her friends. Have they had any household visitors in the past couple of months? Out of town family or friends? Has anyone in their life expressed interest in Jayme at all-no matter how innocently it may have been?

This person may not have been on Jayme's radar at all, but she could very well have been on theirs.

I don’t think the personality profile of this clothing thief would match that of a potential rapist/killer i.e the Canadian officer. We have been given enough info on him to see, imo, he clearly has gender or identity issues. Not seeing a connection to these crimes.

You’re not the only one confused here.

If it’s a robbery, why commit a kidnapping?

If it’s a kidnapping, why commit murder?

We simply don’t see this type of crime with regularity, which is a good thing I guess.

But the fact that this is so unusual, means that we have nothing to really compare it to.

A good way to develop a theory, is to compare a particular case to past cases.

Tough here.
Its very frustrating. And for whatever reason this one bothers me more than others Ive followed. I keep thinking back to Mollys case where we hadnt heard much, then we wake up one day and its over. And I dont think any of us suspected what truly happened. How could we? Idk. Just trying to sort out things from different angles but nothing makes any sense. I, like all of us, want to wake up tomorrow and see Jayme rescued.

Sadly, the investigation, if yielding no leads, will draw down. Maybe after that residents will start talking.
I don’t get the impression that police are suffering from a lack of help from residents in the area.

I simply think that these people don’t have a lot to offer.

Its very frustrating. And for whatever reason this one bothers me more than others Ive followed. I keep thinking back to Mollys case where we hadnt heard much, then we wake up one day and its over. And I dont think any of us suspected what truly happened. How could we? Idk. Just trying to sort out things from different angles but nothing makes any sense. I, like all of us, want to wake up tomorrow and see Jayme rescued.

Yeah, none of us could have really seen that one coming. It was way out of left field. That may very well be the case with this one, too.

Many of you probably know of a Canadian man named Russell Williams who was charged with 82 counts of breaking and entering where he took teenagers undergarments and modeled them for pictures in the teen’s room. He always took some undergarments with him.

He wasn’t caught until he graduated to rape and murder which makes this current crime seem more significant.
Many of you probably know of a Canadian man named Russell Williams who was charged with 82 counts of breaking and entering where he took teenagers undergarments and modeled them for pictures in the teen’s room. He always took some undergarments with him.

He wasn’t caught until he graduated to rape and murder which makes this current crime seem more significant.

Oops, can you tell I don't post very often! Anyway, I was in the military and serviced the training planes this guy flew. Was absolutely shocked when this came out and was thinking about it today.
Adding: he was the base colonel!!

Last edited:
So you think they busted through the door, killed her parents to assault and kill her? Thats what Im having trouble wrapping my mind around here. This is awful brutal for that is what Im saying. If they wanted to assault and kill her, why kill 2 other people as well? Why not abduct her from the bus stop or...idk. Im trying to make some kind of sense of it. If shes still alive then yea it makes more sense.
I totally agree. I can't get past the violence...she could have been taken without it. jmo

Molly’s case wasn’t that complicated though. Plenty of joggers have been kidnapped and murdered. I was under no allusions that the result would be any different in her case.

I just wasn’t sure if she knew her assailant or not. I always had atleast a suspicion that she didn’t know him, because of the Vanessa Marcotte case, which occurred a few miles from me.

I had something to compare it to, which was the point of my previous post.

There’s no comparison here.

Yes, that's exactly why this case is so hard to figure out. It's so rare for a child to be abducted in such a manner. Like so many have said, they will usual avoid adult confrontation at all costs. But its hard to imagine this was an act of revenge on the parents and he just decided in the spur of the moment to take Jayme. If he really meant her no harm, then one would think she would have been found by now. If he is holding her captive, then it's hard to imagine he did not have that intention in the first place. Jmo

Not sure where it was taken, although it does look like she's in a church. It was posted on Denise's FB 12/16/2017. Denise Closs

We know that she was in choir at school...

Gathering of Hope held for Jayme Closs in Barron
“Our community stands behind her,” choir members said into the microphone, “and with her in hope.”

Jayme, a 13-year-old Riverview Middle School student, had been a part of their choir until she disappeared one week ago.

Thanks Pommy, I am guessing it may have been a Christmas concert then, perhaps in a local church? I grew up in a small Midwestern town and sang in the choir. We always held our middle school Christmas concerts in a local church because the middle school did not have an auditorium big enough. Or if her dance group was a small studio type place without a stage, perhaps they would hold a Christmas dance performance at a local church?
That's why I was wondering about that photo. Someone could have seen Jayme at that event, whatever it was, and taken an inappropriate interest.
:(

As someone mentioned previously, perp could have gone to wrong neighboring address, OR maybe ONE OF THE victims had previously tipped off police or work management about possible drug activity and the perps were out for revenge. Jmo.

Is the red truck in all the pictures of the home, James Closs truck? I just really noticed today how far away from the house it is. If it's his truck, that does not fit to me.

Unfortunately I kind of doubt they are drawing down there staffing b/c they think she is alive.
I agree. I am hoping the person that originally posted that info (or anyone else) will reply to my request for a supportive link. I cannot find anything it anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme