AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jmo there are so many apps out there, many not well known, it must be difficult for LE to ever be sure they checked everything...especially if Jayme’s phone is missing or if she sometimes used phones or computers elsewhere.

But either LE is at a standstill regarding tradtional routes of investigation, or they feel this WAS an online-generated crime in some way, imo.

As I stated in an above post, I am not LE, but am certainly part of an LE community. As a parent of a teenage girl, this case has certainly pulled at my heart strings. I have asked 6 LEOs that I know personally their thoughts on this case and the off the cuff remark from all of them is that it is going to turn our that Jayme has a 23 year old "boyfriend". Note that the word boyfriend is in quotes since 5 of the 6 LEOs I spoke to used the gesture for "air quotes", the implication being that there is someone who thinks he is a boyfriend while most of the rest of the world would not see him (the unsub) fitting into this definition in any sort of normal healthy way. I also noticed that the absolute knee jerk reaction was of a 23 year old male (one person said 18, another 22), but the overarching guess was that the unsub was 23...Not sure is this is cynicism or truth. These are large metro area LEs (though we are in the Midwest). Realize the demographic may be a bit different, but none of them wavered. I hope Jayme is found soon. Jmo (I may be overusing this phrase, but I am new here and don't want to offend anyone).

I have been told the same thing by several good friends at various levels if law enforcement that this is what they think happened. they said if thats not the case its probably a disgruntled employee fwiw

Barron County Sheriff's Department

November 1, 2018

The Barron County Sheriff’s Department would like to thank all of our law enforcement agency partners who have assisted and continue to assist us in the mission to bring 13 year old Jayme Closs home. Each agency contributed an unbelievable amount of resources to this investigation, and we could not be more appreciative of the help from our local police and sheriff’s departments, the Wisconsin State Patrol, Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR), Wisconsin Department of Criminal Investigation (DCI), and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).

I want to reassure the great residents of Barron County and everyone else across the nation who continue to support and follow this case that we have left no stone unturned. As of today, we have transitioned our Emergency Operations Center from a 24/7 reactive operation to a more deliberate and methodical effort to progress the investigation. This is based on a declining number of tips. However, we will continue to fully investigate those remaining tips and new information we receive going forward. This case remains our number one priority and we will have agents from both the FBI and DCI continuing to support our local investigators until we bring Jayme home.

To date we have received over 2100 tips and we follow up on every one of them and all of them have been contacted in some sort and follow up is being conducted. Again, just because the posture of our operations center has transitioned, does not mean the tips should stop. We still have a team on-call, to handle them as they come in. Please continue to call in your tips - there is a tip out there that will help us solve this case and bring Jayme home.

We built a great team of investigators to work this case and they spent the last 18 days, around-the-clock, going over information from social media platforms, phone records, family, friends, coworkers and every other kind of tip that has come in. They have worked with passion, determination and resilience to solve this case and bring Jayme home. I am so proud of each and every one of them. They were only able to do this due to the overwhelming support from the community with meals, tipsters and search volunteers that continue to keep our hope alive. We also want to thank the families of all of the law enforcement personnel assigned to this case, as most of these hard working individuals have been home very little, and that family support means the world to us and this case.

We will continue to actively work this challenging investigation, but again, I want to thank everyone across the county for all of the help so far, through your tips, messages of hope, support and prayers. However, none of us are done until we bring Jayme home.

Please continue to call in tips, again the Tip Line is
1-855-744-3879. We are here waiting to hear from you.

jaymetips@co.barron.wi.us

Sheriff Fitzgerald
Dang. I hate it when they do this.

They were veterans at the Jennie-O Turkey Store, having worked for decades at the facility, according to their obituaries, when it was still known as Jerome Foods. Co-workers reported Jim Closs, 56, was a lead in the boning department, and Denise, 46, worked in white meat cleaning.
Remembering: Jim the athlete, Denise the volunteer
@Celt1997

I'm not saying this was his position, but this is the only job posting I could find with "deboning" in it for Jennie-O (at a different location):

MinnesotaWorks.Net Job Listing

Job Title:production Lead Person- Deboning
Work Type:Work Days: Work Vary: Yes , Shift: First (Day), Hours Per Week: 40, Work Type: Regular

Salary Offered:Unspecified
Benefits:401(k) or other retirement, Dental Insurance, Health Insurance, Holidays, Vacation or PTO, Vision Plan

Physical Required:Unspecified
Drug Testing Required:Unspecified
Education Required:High School Diploma/GED

Experience Required:Unspecified

Required Skills:
Please see the job description for information about required job skills.
Preferred Skills:

Job Description:
Responsibilities:

Help coordinate UG/boning department

Provide leadership to accomplish JOTS Charter by using Team commitment

Maximize profit by organizing and coordinating production activities to achieve least cost

Help with the set-up and/or tear down of equipment
Minimum Qualifications:

Read and write English

Excellent attendance

Must be able to work in a warm/hot environment

Must be able to work well with multi cultural/multi lingual work force

Preferred Qualifications:

Prior team leader experience

HS Diploma or equivalent

Bi/lingual in Spanish or Somalian

Excellent pay and benefit package including health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, vacation, holidays, flexible spending accounts, retirement savings plan with 401K match, continuing education, and much more.

Jennie-O Turkey Store is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.

Hello,

Long time watcher. First time poster.

This case baffles me. Honestly, I think think one area that is being far overlooked is the neighbor. I see over and over again it could be a crime of opportunity, and JC could have been watched for a period of time.

I paused for a long time at this, and thought, okay, the only person(s) who heard anything were the neighbors. JS stated she heard gunshots. TS was already outside, wrangling their dog.

In most cases we all read, criminals like to insert themselves into the crime scene. They have done multiple interviews and shows with their information. If you dig further, it appears TS has been involved in many lawsuits both for and against. It appears as well, if all the pieces fit, he owns properties.

By no means am I saying they are criminals or they did it, however, I am saying, the perp or perps may be much closer to home than folks think.

I think this is unlikely. The neighbor's house was far enough away through the woods that the two houses aren't normally visible to each other.

Barron County Sheriff's Department

November 1, 2018

The Barron County Sheriff’s Department would like to thank all of our law enforcement agency partners who have assisted and continue to assist us in the mission to bring 13 year old Jayme Closs home. Each agency contributed an unbelievable amount of resources to this investigation, and we could not be more appreciative of the help from our local police and sheriff’s departments, the Wisconsin State Patrol, Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR), Wisconsin Department of Criminal Investigation (DCI), and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).

I want to reassure the great residents of Barron County and everyone else across the nation who continue to support and follow this case that we have left no stone unturned. As of today, we have transitioned our Emergency Operations Center from a 24/7 reactive operation to a more deliberate and methodical effort to progress the investigation. This is based on a declining number of tips. However, we will continue to fully investigate those remaining tips and new information we receive going forward. This case remains our number one priority and we will have agents from both the FBI and DCI continuing to support our local investigators until we bring Jayme home.

To date we have received over 2100 tips and we follow up on every one of them and all of them have been contacted in some sort and follow up is being conducted. Again, just because the posture of our operations center has transitioned, does not mean the tips should stop. We still have a team on-call, to handle them as they come in. Please continue to call in your tips - there is a tip out there that will help us solve this case and bring Jayme home.

We built a great team of investigators to work this case and they spent the last 18 days, around-the-clock, going over information from social media platforms, phone records, family, friends, coworkers and every other kind of tip that has come in. They have worked with passion, determination and resilience to solve this case and bring Jayme home. I am so proud of each and every one of them. They were only able to do this due to the overwhelming support from the community with meals, tipsters and search volunteers that continue to keep our hope alive. We also want to thank the families of all of the law enforcement personnel assigned to this case, as most of these hard working individuals have been home very little, and that family support means the world to us and this case.

We will continue to actively work this challenging investigation, but again, I want to thank everyone across the county for all of the help so far, through your tips, messages of hope, support and prayers. However, none of us are done until we bring Jayme home.

Please continue to call in tips, again the Tip Line is
1-855-744-3879. We are here waiting to hear from you.

jaymetips@co.barron.wi.us

Sheriff Fitzgerald

Still makes me wonder why they don't mention anything about the abductor. They just talk about bringing Jayme home.

Over 2,000 tips and yet NOTHING?!?! My heart is growing anxious as time passes :( this is the one case that I've been following since the start here and on other websites and I keep constantly updating both sites to see if she has been finally found.

Jmo there are so many apps out there, many not well known, it must be difficult for LE to ever be sure they checked everything...especially if Jayme’s phone is missing or if she sometimes used phones or computers elsewhere.

But either LE is at a standstill regarding tradtional routes of investigation, or they feel this WAS an online-generated crime in some way, imo.
It's actually pretty easy as the device leaves a digital footprint. There are some more sophisticated means to obfuscate communication, but LE is hip to those as well, and can tunnel in...it just takes more time and effort. Fear not, if there was communication with the Perp prior to the attack/abduction, they know it.

Amateur opinion and speculation only

I am very sorry and will delete my posts.
well I dont know how to delete it.lol. I am sorry admin I was just giving a summary of what was there, Please delete my comments I did not mean to violate any rules.
You can edit your comment and just erase it and leave it with a delete comment inside the text box

Danny Spewak on Twitter | 10:05 AM (CDT) - 1 Nov 2018

Two and a half weeks after Jayme Closs went missing, the Barron County Sheriff is announcing that the 24/7 command center operation will end. The investigation continues as a top priority with a more "methodical" effort, since tips are declining

Mary McGuire on Twitter | 10:12 AM (CDT) - 1 Nov 2018

NEW: @bcsheriff says as of today, he has transitioned Emergency Operations Center from a 24/7 operation to a more “deliberate and methodical effort to progress the investigation.” This is based on a declining number of tips #JaymeCloss

Chris Fitzgerald on Twitter

LE has brought in a special canine to try to locate electronics in the Closs home:

Electronic detection canines are a useful tool in uncovering electronic devices as evidence in a variety of crimes, prominently when people try to conceal electronic devices containing child *advertiser censored*. The intensely trained canines are able to sniff for particular chemical compounds, including triphenylphosphine oxide (TPPO) and hydroxycyclohexyl phenyl ketone (HPK), which are found in electronic devices.

New electronics K9 team trained; worked on Jayme Closs case

JMO
To add to the theory of someone at the family gathering may be involved.

Just a theory. Here is a possible scenario I have been thinking about. Lets suppose someone she would talk to on occasion she felt comfortable with talking about her "problems". Someone about 4 or 5 years older than her but she looked to as someone she could trust with her inner most feelings.

He over time becomes fascinated by her and has feelings for her and she is not aware of how obsessive he is getting with her. This goes on for a period of months and then the family gathering happens and he is there.

She maybe has had recent "home trouble with parents" because that is very common with kids her age. So she immediately goes to talk to him when she spots him.
Its different this time though because she makes her problems seem more severe and he now wants to "save her" from her home issues.

She on the other hand thought she was just venting again to someone she could trust. He on the other hand took it as it was time to "save her" because of the strong feelings he had for her.

This person may have already had plans with others his age to leave town for good and move away on their own. They may have been planning for some time to leave town already. And after the family gathering they decided they would take her along with them and now is the time to go.

Anyway something like this happening could explain some of the few facts we know about this case.

I wonder how many individuals have actually been grilled by LE - asked to attend questioning, not voluntarily giving information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper