AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Memphis Bluez said:
I don't yet understand why some folks on here keep mentioning meth problems in the area. What would meth (which is a country wide epidemic), have anything to do with a double murder of an employed middle class couple? Are you suggesting they were some how involved with meth? I really find that a stretch from what we've been told about them. Can those of you who have the "meth" theories please explain? TIA

IMO, no family implication. I believe it's more environment and the reality of its impact on a community the size of Barron, WI.
June 9, 2018
Meth monster returns to Chippewa Valley and is extending its reach
Sept 28, 2018
Barron Co. Sheriff issues passionate plea to end meth epidemic in western WI
Sept 28, 2018
Meth investigation nets four arrests
Aug 22, 2018
Meth problem is top concern; Criminal Justice Collaborating Council
Feb 15, 2108
Barron County Sheriff Wants Drug Testing In High Schools

How about this? Closs crimes starts as a mere stupid meth head bungled robbery attempt (apologies in advance to all meth heads!) Perp's see Closs is armed at the door and shoot him. Break inside to steal stuff. Mom enters the picture and dials 911 so they blast her too. But knowing the cops might be coming and angry that they can't finish the robbery, they grab Jayme on the way out for sex purposes as some others have proposed. All this accomplished in 8-9 minutes and then they get away without a trace.

Yes, it sounds unlikely if not ridiculous to me too. Yet this series of crimes was committed. Jayme is still missing. Somebody did it for a reason.

What boyfriend? A "boyfriend" that the cops and nobody else knows about and who murders her parents?!

99.9% certain it's your scenario about a pedophile or violent home invaders is the correct one. Jayme was taken for a reason and a purpose. Obviously we know why a pedophile would take, but please explain why "violent home invaders" took her? Please give an explanation for that?
Possibly the 911 call stopped the "fun" they intended having with Jayme before killing her also ?

Unless they are so secretive that they don't catch anybody...
Its likely a tough decision to make but if the benefit outweighs the risk, then they will keep it to themselves. They don't want to repeat mistakes made in the past, that may be why they are even more careful now than ever before.

Last edited:
(snipped by me) The meth is coming from Mexican drug cartels, which have taken over most of the meth production in Wisconsin.
I really question that... I don’t know what Barron County is seeing, but in my Iowa county that’s also considered to have a meth problem the home grown meth production is still a big problem. It’s especially worth noting that the path of distribution is reverse of what we’ve ever dealt with before - the drugs are flowing out, not in. While much is certainly being both manufactured and distributed locally, it’s a whole different situation when you’re sitting on this end of the supply chain. And yes, I do believe that plays a role in the Closs murders.

How about this? Closs crimes starts as a mere stupid meth head bungled robbery attempt (apologies in advance to all meth heads!) Perp's see Closs is armed at the door and shoot him. Break inside to steal stuff. Mom enters the picture and dials 911 so they blast her too. But knowing the cops might be coming and angry that they can't finish the robbery, they grab Jayme on the way out for sex purposes as some others have proposed. All this accomplished in 8-9 minutes and then they get away without a trace.

Yes, it sounds unlikely if not ridiculous to me too. Yet this series of crimes was committed. Jayme is still missing. Somebody did it for a reason.
The random appearance of this violent act and abduction has me leaning towards a Drug Cartel. Attorney General and State Rep cite Mexico.
The Chippewa Herald: No easy solution for area's meth problem

Last edited:
I believe I read somewhere that he was an avid hunter. Unfortunately, I don't have a link for that handy, and I don't have time at the moment to look for it. Maybe someone else has a link ?
An early open SM post of JC showed photos of him gathered with hunting and fishing friends. He also made comments about enjoying those times of the year.

I see the house got a new door:
merlin_146233095_17df0541-38d0-4740-a256-d132a954f79e-articleLarge.jpg

Mystery in a Small Town: A Quiet Couple Shot Dead, Their Daughter Missing

I really question that... I don’t know what Barron County is seeing, but in my Iowa county that’s also considered to have a meth problem the home grown meth production is still a big problem. It’s especially worth noting that the path of distribution is reverse of what we’ve ever dealt with before - the drugs are flowing out, not in. While much is certainly being both manufactured and distributed locally, it’s a whole different situation when you’re sitting on this end of the supply chain. And yes, I do believe that plays a role in the Closs murders.
The Mexican Cartel reference for the county problem came from the Wisconsin Attorney General. I have no doubt there's also home grown production problem there as in too many States. Perhaps I've seen too many Narco shows but busting down the door, and blowing away the parents gave his theory street cred to me. MOO

@Memphis Bluez said:
I don't yet understand why some folks on here keep mentioning meth problems in the area. What would meth (which is a country wide epidemic), have anything to do with a double murder of an employed middle class couple? Are you suggesting they were some how involved with meth? I really find that a stretch from what we've been told about them. Can those of you who have the "meth" theories please explain? TIA

IMO, no family implication. I believe it's more environment and the reality of its impact on a community the size of Barron, WI.
June 9, 2018
Meth monster returns to Chippewa Valley and is extending its reach
Sept 28, 2018
Barron Co. Sheriff issues passionate plea to end meth epidemic in western WI
Sept 28, 2018
Meth investigation nets four arrests
Aug 22, 2018
Meth problem is top concern; Criminal Justice Collaborating Council
Feb 15, 2108
Barron County Sheriff Wants Drug Testing In High Schools

The case described in that first link is one of the most despicable I’ve ever heard of, and I’ve been obsessed with true crime for years.

Thanks for telling me that Bible/Freeman was already mentioned. I believe the killers were on meth too.

The Mexican Cartel reference for the county problem came from the Wisconsin Attorney General. I have no doubt there's also home grown production problem there as in too many States. Perhaps I've seen too many Narco shows but busting down the door, and blowing away the parents gave his theory street cred to me. MOO
But what possible motive could an ambiguous Mexican drug cartel have to order such a hit on a family that’s not involved? It makes much more sense to me that the motive developed at a local level.

Dear Members,

In no way will we allow ANYONE to suggest that a minority group, a gang, the Nazi's or a coven of witches are the ones who killed Jayme's parents and kidnapped her.

If anyone hints, talks around or in anyway suggests a group is responsible for this horrible crime that person will be gone from the discussion. Same thing if you mention anyone as a suspect without evidence.

If any reliable information comes out about the suspect or suspects then, of course, we can discuss the new information.

Until then, please stay on topic, do not start discussing any other cases, and remember while Websleuths is first a true crime discussion forum a very close second is we are a victim friendly forum. 99.9% of the time we can easily be both. In Jayme's case, there is no reason to disparage the parents or Jayme. There is no evidence of any issues with Jayme's parents or with Jayme herself.

PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC. We know teenagers can be very difficult, however, there is no evidence to suggest Jayme is anything but a victim.

If your post starts with "Me", "My", "I" it very well could be off topic.

We have the best sleuths in the world on Websleuths. We need to keep on topic to make sure the topics are easy to read. When a post is made about anything that is not directly related to the topics it makes the thread harder to read and way off topic.

The work the mods are having to do on this thread alone is overwhelming.

The rules are easy to follow on Websleuths. Thousands of people follow the rules every day with no problem.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Tricia

Giving this a bump.

An early open SM post of JC showed photos of him gathered with hunting and fishing friends. He also made comments about enjoying those times of the year.

That's interesting. Could the perp possibly be a hunter, someone James (and possibly Denise & Jayme) knew? Maybe he became friendly with the family over time but all along was planning to take Jayme? He chose a quiet time of night, eliminated the two witnesses and took Jayme away for his own purposes?

ok, but we don't know for sure that mom had barricaded herself in the bathroom, and we don't know if she might have done so with Jayme. Its possible that she did go into the bathroom with Jayme to barricade herself and maybe then perp(s) got in there and grabbed Jayme as mom was making the 911 call? Maybe the confusion in the background the police hear is Jayme being dragged out, and screaming? No one talking to LE b/c maybe mom was shot already and unable?

Excellent points, Photog4! We don't know where Denise, Jayme or James were when the 911 call was made. There's so much we don't know...it does seem like either there was enough commotion going on at the time of the call that the dispatcher had difficulty making out who/what was being said OR as you suggested, the caller was perhaps so weak/debilitated (possibly from being shot), that they didn't have the strength left to project their voice.

It's home made in my jurisdiction. Rural areas are known for it because there is less chance of smell and equipment detection but it's happened in the city on rare occasion. I'm a little surprised at the "coming in" because there is plenty "going out." Maybe some areas don't have the supply but that is hard to fathom. Learn something new everyday I guess.

ok, but we don't know for sure that mom had barricaded herself in the bathroom, and we don't know if she might have done so with Jayme. Its possible that she did go into the bathroom with Jayme to barricade herself and maybe then perp(s) got in there and grabbed Jayme as mom was making the 911 call? Maybe the confusion in the background the police hear is Jayme being dragged out, and screaming? No one talking to LE b/c maybe mom was shot already and unable?

Something in that call led the sheriff to believe Jayme was in the home at the time. That’s what’s the most relevant to me. I wish I knew what leads him to think that; heck, I wish we knew anything else at this point.

I know BeeGirl, right?! We know so little...
That 911 call: either they figure it's rational to believe she made the call, phone was found far from the mother's body or...they heard her voice...
The other 'evidence' that she was there aside from 911 call could be as simple as the clothing she was wearing that day being on her bedroom floor/hamper, etc.

If there is evidence she was taken for reasons aside from simply murdering later....perhaps her clothing is missing: it's been packed up...if the perp(s) were either random attack or wanted her to kill within days: doubt they'd have her pack her bags so to speak...

Frankly, I'm afraid to get my hopes up...when I follow LE's lead: I figure they are figuring she's captive/hostage...then I get my hopes up...
but then I realize that could be their only option really, as far as her being alive: not because there is evidence.......

If LE came forth and said they have evidence to believe she is alive and captive: I'll feel very optimistic that she'll be found - there would be so much attention, and pressure on the perps, and hopefully courage to Jayme....I sure hope this is how this plays out in the next couple of weeks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston