AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody seems to think this but me. The way this is being described leads me to believe drugs were involved and jayme was not the target. People looking for drugs or robbing people for drugs always go down like this. Most likely the dad was shot as soon as the door was kicked in might of been shot through the door. The mom was most likely shot in the chair they pulled out before she even got out of it. Jayme i bet called 911 and the perps found her and took her.

But what possible motive could an ambiguous Mexican drug cartel have to order such a hit on a family that’s not involved? It makes much more sense to me that the motive developed at a local level.
Same motive -- young, innocent, white teen, and if kept alive, a larger network to transport or traffic her. I guess I want to believe LE leads would not have slowed/dried up if developed at local level.

I listened to audio of the dance instructor speaking, I am searching everywhere and cannot locate that. She received a text from Denise that Sunday to determine other available dance classes bc of a scheduling issue Jayme needed to be switched to a different class. Where oh where is that audio clip? I had not heard that.

I found the Dance Instructor on NG pod. Her info may shed light on something imo. What that something is idk. Reporting that dance instructor received a text from Denise that Sunday start at 07.16min
"Missing Jayme Closs -- Wisconsin girl disappears as both parents are shot dead at home"
"Scared that nobody knows anything" Fink said she had just been texting with Denise Closs over the weekend about Jaymes dance schedule. "...today coming into work I was going to try to find another class for her and instead we're doing this"
Its reported in a news report here:
Wisconsin town on edge with search for missing teen, parents found shot to death
"..Fink said the mood had been "somber" with the realization that part of their family was missing.
"That ache doesn't go away," she said.
Jayme, a quiet, sweet girl who blossomed under encouragement, has taken dance classes since at least 2010, Fink said. She was scheduled to come in for a 5:40 p.m. class Wednesday with two other girls. Instead, Fink expected she would let Jayme's classmates and parents talk about their missing friend.

Tearing up, Fink said she can't help but wonder what Jayme is going through.

People feel frustrated and helpless, she acknowledged, wanting to make sure no stone is left unturned to bring Jayme home. But she said she was encouraged by Fitzgerald's efforts, along with those of state and federal authorities.

"We have to trust the process," Fink said. "She's out there ... we're praying so hard for her...."

So was Jayme changing her schedule for some classes but not all classes Or after a specific date? Its relevant IMO bc the scheduling conflict reason may be important. IMO, It could be nothing it could be something. I thought her caregiver would get her to dance if parents were unable to. So is it possible somebody else would take her to dance when her parents or caregiver were unabe to take or pick her up.

Thank you for finding that-- I had not listened to the NG show yet (NG tends to get some things wrong in the cases she covers IMO but she also often has interviews no one else has). I think the schedule change might not be super relevant other than it tells us Jayme was planning on continuing her dance classes and nothing had happened to make her want to stop dancing. In regards to a schedule change the dance instructor mentions Wed nights-- wasn't there another source that said Jayme took religious classes at her church on Wed nights? Perhaps that was a schedule conflict?

This also includes Sheriff Fitzgerald saying "We believe everything's accounted for" at 5 1/2 minutes.
To me, that seems to reduce the likelihood of robbery as a motive. Or the possibility that someone was targeting the Closs family for something they knew or suspected they had in their possession, such as cash or other valuables.

Thank you! I had been trying to find where the sheriff said that. I tend to agree that seems to rule out a robbery occurred. JMO.

I searched a couple more articles on this. She mentioned measuring her for her recital outfit. I don't think she was changing her schedule. My read on this is that the class was coming to an end after the recital, and they had been talking about which class she'd take next.

That's possible as well. Also, the kids might be divided into classes based on their ages. Perhaps Jayme had outgrown the younger kids classes with simple dance steps and had to choose a class with more teens or more advanced routines. Since she had just turn 13 recently it is plausible to me that she had "graduated" from one dance class and was trying to choose another that would fit her schedule.

Last edited:
Same motive -- young, innocent, white teen, and if kept alive, a larger network to transport or traffic her. I guess I want to believe LE leads would not have dried up if developed at local level.
I’m way past considering Jayme’s abduction the motive for this crime. And even if somehow it were to be the motive, blaming it on Mexican drug cartels doesn’t make a bit of sense.

I would like to respost and bring forward some links which shows the type of nutjobs generally arrested for involvement in violent home invasions. Notice the abundance of duos and groups:

MPD investigates armed home invasion, woman held at gunpoint
(2 suspects)

Police arrest second suspect in violent Maplewood home invasion robbery

Two Men Arrested in Connection to Home Invasion

Armed robbers sought after violent home invasion in Studio City

Home invasion suspect nabbed: Princeton man in custody, female suspect sought

'If you shout I will kill you:' Robbers threaten, attack residents during home invasion in Wauwatosa, complaint says

3 area men charged in violent home invasion

Bond set at more than $200,000 for both suspects arrested in home invasion case

Second Person Charged in Violent Home Invasion in Groton

4 arrested after violent Gwinnett County home invasion

Deputies say two men charged in violent home invasion in Mason County

Police make third arrest in deadly home invasion

Photos released of suspects who burned boy during home invasion

Slaton man arrested in violent home invasion robbery
-note in this case the people were beaten and their guns stolen.
(Where are James ‘ guns??)

Police arrest suspects in alleged violent home invasion, Precinct 4 tweets

3 arrested in violent home invasion in Greenacres

5 people arrested in violent South Beloit home invasion

2 men charged in violent home invasion of retired Orange County couple

Chicago man wanted for violent home invasion arrested in northwest Indiana

Police search for two men after violent home invasion

2 in custody in connection with violent home invasion, Madison police say

Three arrested in connection with violent home invasion in southeastern Colorado Springs

4th arrest made in violent 2017 Ponte Vedra home invasion

3 Suspects Arrested After Violent Chino Hills Home Invasion Robbery

3rd arrest made in connection with violent home invasion

2nd suspect caught in violent home invasion

Creek County man attacked in violent home invasion: Updates
Three arrested after violent home invasion in Creek County

Police: 2nd arrest made in Glen Cove home invasion

Two Arrested In Violent Burbank Home Invasion Robbery Of Elderly Woman

The links are endless, but notice often these violent home invasions are committed by a group or at least pair of attackers.

Again, this is not to say that this was not strictly an abduction by a pedophile and that this was not a personally motivated crime; however I suppose sometimes these lines can cross. But as mentioned, generally a pedophile abductor does not go in the house and shoot the whole place up and kill the parents. They are often more the hunter/opportunistic type.

Here is one where the lines did cross:

Sex offender arrested in violent home invasion

——

I think we very likely could be looking at a pair or group of offenders, based on this type of crime, moo. Where it gets hazy though is Jayme’s abduction. But note violent individuals like this don’t have problems hurting kids sometimes. So perhaps IF random, Jayme was either a secured hostage for a clean getaway, a bonus for SA, or both.

Lots of them in Wisconsin

Where’s the closest airstrip for a plane to land?
Not an airport, but a private airstrip.
Where a small plane could carry someone to be put on a larger private jet.

And I agree, this seems like an “extraction “.

JMO
Carl's Field, Rice Lake Airport, is probably 5-6 miles as the crow flies and maybe 8 -10 by car depending on the entrance to the airport. It is on the back road taken between Barron and Rice Lake and is called 19th st I believe. We just always called it the museum road.

Your last paragraph describes my cousin after 20 years of suffering from anorexia. I think drug addiction is similar. They may want to stop but they can't. I know it's hard to imagine, but it's not an easy battle. Imo

I understand they have a serious addiction and its almost impossible to quit.

What I still dont understand is what another poster claimed about meth being used as a recreational drug.

Everyone knows by now I would think it is one of the worst illegal drugs that causes drug addiction.

Imo from everything I have read about meth through the years there is no such thing as casual use.

That's what I didn't and still dont understand. It defies every medical article I have ever read about meth addictions.

Jmo

That's interesting. Could the perp possibly be a hunter, someone James (and possibly Denise & Jayme) knew? Maybe he became friendly with the family over time but all along was planning to take Jayme? He chose a quiet time of night, eliminated the two witnesses and took Jayme away for his own purposes?

I now believe this was a rage killing by a person known to James Closs. Regarding to your mention of a hunter Wiseowl I totally agree.

My previous post: The use of a high calibre gun possibly a rifle has been suggested by two people that I know of, largely based on the sound of the alledged hearing of gunshots by the neighbors, Joan and Tom Smrekar.
Tom said on video: "It was a BIG gun" “It wasn’t like a hand gun or a 22 or a 410”....
The second person to suggest high calibre was KAREN SMITH, RETIRED DETECTIVE, JACKSONVILLE SHERIFF`S OFFICE interviewed by CNN's Banfield.
SMITH: "Right. I mean, what send chills down my spine was the fact that she said it was so loud. That tells me it`s a high caliber gun. I don`t know if we`re dealing with a rifle..."

So if this is correct and only LE will know this for sure. Is it only hunters who might have a gun of this size handy?

From what I recall, it was the day she was announced to have been missing or not long after that LE made the statement saying that they are confident Jayme is alive (very loosely worded).
Has it been stated since then or recently? People keep going back to that point so I am just curious because I haven’t heard too much.

I now believe this was a rage killing by a person known to James Closs. Regarding to your mention of a hunter Wiseowl I totally agree.

My previous post: The use of a high calibre gun possibly a rifle has been suggested by two people that I know of, largely based on the sound of the alledged hearing of gunshots by the neighbors, Joan and Tom Smrekar.
Tom said on video: "It was a BIG gun" “It wasn’t like a hand gun or a 22 or a 410”....
The second person to suggest high calibre was KAREN SMITH, RETIRED DETECTIVE, JACKSONVILLE SHERIFF`S OFFICE interviewed by CNN's Banfield.
SMITH: "Right. I mean, what send chills down my spine was the fact that she said it was so loud. That tells me it`s a high caliber gun. I don`t know if we`re dealing with a rifle..."

So if this is correct and only LE will know this for sure. Is it only hunters who might have a gun of this size handy?

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/GUIC.PDF

It baffles me why the perp would be willing to fire off such a LOUD gun and draw attention to themselves.

I've read that hunting/shooting for sport is common in the area, but, do people hunt at 1:00 AM? I read speculative discussion that gunfire at that hour could be someone "shooting a gun to scare off a bear," but, again, is this common practice?

If it was a rage killing by a local person or persons unknown they took Jayme and hid her. Maybe now when all leads have been eshausted every outhouse, storm shelter, basement or other enclosure should be thoroughly searched starting in the immediate vicinity of the Closs house. I was always troubled that during the 2000 people search it excluded locked buildings?

This isn't just an abduction, though, it's also a double homicide where the suspects are still at large. It's entirely possible that, for any number of reasons, LE may have advised the family not to speak to the media without doing so in conjunction with LE.

JMO
I respect your opinion, but at this point I don’t buy it. There is not enough going on outside of the investigation to keep this story alive. If I wasn’t on here, I would know absolutely nothing about this case, and that bothers me.

It baffles me why the perp would be willing to fire off such a LOUD gun and draw attention to themselves.

I've read that hunting/shooting for sport is common in the area, but, do people hunt at 1:00 AM? I read speculative discussion that gunfire at that hour could be someone "shooting a gun to scare off a bear," but, again, is this common practice?
Perhaps hunting gun stored in vehicle and used in anger?

As someone who lives in a very rural area, it is not at all uncommon. Bears , coyotes, foxes, raccoons, anything that is a threat to livestock. Now, if I heard a barrage of gun shots in the middle of the night, yes, I would probably have concerns. But a few loud shots ? Not unusual where I live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne