AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. LE has only released stock images of the vehicles they are looking for.

Apparently they don’t believe that releasing those videos will be helpful to the investigation.

We all would like to see them, but that doesn’t matter when they are trying to solve the crime.

Apparently they don’t believe that releasing those videos will be helpful to the investigation.

We all would like to see them, but that doesn’t matter when they are trying to solve the crime.
I would think more eyes could only help...like what if that muscle car had non-OEM wheels or other unique features

I now believe this was a rage killing by a person known to James Closs. Regarding to your mention of a hunter Wiseowl I totally agree.

My previous post: The use of a high calibre gun possibly a rifle has been suggested by two people that I know of, largely based on the sound of the alledged hearing of gunshots by the neighbors, Joan and Tom Smrekar.
Tom said on video: "It was a BIG gun" “It wasn’t like a hand gun or a 22 or a 410”....
The second person to suggest high calibre was KAREN SMITH, RETIRED DETECTIVE, JACKSONVILLE SHERIFF`S OFFICE interviewed by CNN's Banfield.
SMITH: "Right. I mean, what send chills down my spine was the fact that she said it was so loud. That tells me it`s a high caliber gun. I don`t know if we`re dealing with a rifle..."

So if this is correct and only LE will know this for sure. Is it only hunters who might have a gun of this size handy?

Let me try this again. My original answer got lost in the quote I was trying to quote...

I'm not a hunter, but I have some. I would hesitantly agree that it is someone who lives in the country, though. Most of the neighboring farmers around me have them. Technically anyone could have one, but when I think about the people I know who have them, versus people I know who don't own one, by and large it seems to be those of us who live in the country or own a large piece of land.

I would think more eyes could only help...like what if that muscle car had non-OEM wheels or other unique features
It’s hard to understand their reasoning, but they obviously have weighed the benefits and risks of releasing these images /video.

This isn’t just a local police department making the call, they have Federal and State help. They certainly have a reason, whatever it is.

Taking that thought one step further, releasing the actual photos would reveal the location of the camera. I wouldn’t think LE would want that revealed.

OK, I've been thinking about this all day and I will now throw this out there. I've been puzzled about the two shots vs. multiple rounds statements. Here is one possibility:
the neighbors had not been home but a few minutes before hearing the two shots. Maybe there were earlier shots and they were not heard because the neighbors weren't home to hear them.

Maybe the father was killed at the very beginning of the crime and the mother was the victim of the two shots heard by the neighbors.

I do think that the purpose of the crime was to take Jayme. I think this person is young and was in a fit of rage and bound and determined to leave with Jayme. I think the mother was shot while dialing 911 and the yelling and inaudible sounds that the dispatcher heard was Jayme screaming at the sight of her mother being shot.
This young male hustled Jayme out of the house to his car and hit the road. I would not be surprised if the officers are the ones who had the description of the vehicle because it was either on the dash cam or they remembered seeing the car pass by on their way to the house.

JMO

It’s hard to understand their reasoning, but they obviously have weighed the benefits and risks of releasing these images /video.

This isn’t just a local police department making the call, they have Federal and State help. They certainly have a reason, whatever it is.
. And with the FBI, they don’t even have to release anything. Once they get involved cases usually get very quiet when there’s more they know.. to me

I remember hearing, and it was discussed here much earlier, that the responding officers said they didn't pass any cars as they arrived.

(Snipped for focus)

Thanks, Katy ! I had completely forgotten about that. I always love it when you post in a thread I follow because your memory for detail is just outstanding. :)

Let's go back to the camera footage of the 2 cars. How likely is it that anyone living on that highway would have a camera focused on the highway? Aren't the houses set back a fair distance? The police are interested in a relatively short section of highway. Maybe they didn't really make a clean getaway. Maybe the responding officers actually passed these car as they headed to the crime scene? If that's the case were the perps headed east...back towards town? My apologies if this has already been addressed...

moo. if they have car colors from cctv it didn't come from average homes on that road at night. at best it came from somewhere with LOTS of lighting. it takes a lot of visable light to get color at night, the homes are too far from the road. I think they had real eyes on those cars for at least parts of the id on them, such as color.

"On a normal Wednesday, her mother, Denise, would have chatted with the folks working the front desk, maybe shared a small joke or two, then driven her daughter to religion classes."
Wisconsin town on edge with search for missing teen, parents found shot to death

Thank you for finding that Pommy. So Jayme either had very busy Wed nights (both dance and religion classes) or perhaps she was looking for a different dance class to make her schedule work for the upcoming school year? I'm not sure it tells us much of anything but it is another glimpse into their lives and usual schedules.

Margarita’s post from earlier today makes sense to me, based on the logistics and criminal characteristics of other strong armed break ins of homes. It is possible it wasn’t just a lone wolf killer but at a duo. That’s my opinion. The motive is so hard to get though.

I would like to respost and bring forward some links which shows the type of nutjobs generally arrested for involvement in violent home invasions. Notice the abundance of duos and groups:

MPD investigates armed home invasion, woman held at gunpoint
(2 suspects)

Police arrest second suspect in violent Maplewood home invasion robbery

Two Men Arrested in Connection to Home Invasion

Armed robbers sought after violent home invasion in Studio City

Home invasion suspect nabbed: Princeton man in custody, female suspect sought

'If you shout I will kill you:' Robbers threaten, attack residents during home invasion in Wauwatosa, complaint says

3 area men charged in violent home invasion

Bond set at more than $200,000 for both suspects arrested in home invasion case

Second Person Charged in Violent Home Invasion in Groton

4 arrested after violent Gwinnett County home invasion

Deputies say two men charged in violent home invasion in Mason County

Police make third arrest in deadly home invasion

Photos released of suspects who burned boy during home invasion

Slaton man arrested in violent home invasion robbery
-note in this case the people were beaten and their guns stolen.
(Where are James ‘ guns??)

Police arrest suspects in alleged violent home invasion, Precinct 4 tweets

3 arrested in violent home invasion in Greenacres

5 people arrested in violent South Beloit home invasion

2 men charged in violent home invasion of retired Orange County couple

Chicago man wanted for violent home invasion arrested in northwest Indiana

Police search for two men after violent home invasion

2 in custody in connection with violent home invasion, Madison police say

Three arrested in connection with violent home invasion in southeastern Colorado Springs

4th arrest made in violent 2017 Ponte Vedra home invasion

3 Suspects Arrested After Violent Chino Hills Home Invasion Robbery

3rd arrest made in connection with violent home invasion

2nd suspect caught in violent home invasion

Creek County man attacked in violent home invasion: Updates
Three arrested after violent home invasion in Creek County

Police: 2nd arrest made in Glen Cove home invasion

Two Arrested In Violent Burbank Home Invasion Robbery Of Elderly Woman

The links are endless, but notice often these violent home invasions are committed by a group or at least pair of attackers.

Again, this is not to say that this was not strictly an abduction by a pedophile and that this was not a personally motivated crime; however I suppose sometimes these lines can cross. But as mentioned, generally a pedophile abductor does not go in the house and shoot the whole place up and kill the parents. They are often more the hunter/opportunistic type.

Here is one where the lines did cross:

Sex offender arrested in violent home invasion

——

I think we very likely could be looking at a pair or group of offenders, based on this type of crime, moo. Where it gets hazy though is Jayme’s abduction. But note violent individuals like this don’t have problems hurting kids sometimes. So perhaps IF random, Jayme was either a secured hostage for a clean getaway, a bonus for SA, or both.

moo. if they have car colors from cctv it didn't come from average homes on that road at night. at best it came from somewhere with LOTS of lighting. it takes a lot of visable light to get color at night, the homes are too far from the road. I think they had real eyes on those cars for at least parts of the id on them, such as color.
I have a ring doorbell pro.. and it’s not that expensive but I can tell the color of cars at night. I live in the city now. But, where I was before we had one motion camera towards the road so we knew when someone came in the drive. Also there was zero lighting and those cameras have pretty good night vision.

@ the idea of multiple perps...Sheriff did say 'killers' - now, this could be a turn of prhase...
However: I think of that 911 call..described as 'muffled shouting'...
So...who was shouting at whom?
Especially as quite possible both James & Denise were deceased...
Suggests more than one perp...all that shouting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member