AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On neighbor did relate that the family was very withdrawn, and "almost reclusive".

In contrast, the missing girl was involved in a lot of healthy recreational activities outside the home. Perhaps this contradiction was due a desire to keep where they lived hidden.

In pursuit of the possibility you mentioned, it may be worthwhile to see how deep the reclusive nature of their home life was.

For example, did the family get mail at the house, or pay for a P.O. box? Was Jayme ever allowed to have friends visit the home? Were the parents or Jayme ever seemingly deliberately vague when describing to others where they lived? Was Jayme allowed to use social media?
She had a fb page and other social media accounts. Mom had a fb page too. It looks like they were out and about plenty so I don't know where the reclusive thing comes in.

On neighbor did relate that the family was very withdrawn, and "almost reclusive".

In contrast, the missing girl was involved in a lot of healthy recreational activities outside the home. Perhaps this contradiction was due a desire to keep where they lived hidden.

In pursuit of the possibility you mentioned, it may be worthwhile to see how deep the reclusive nature of their home life was.

For example, did the family get mail at the house, or pay for a P.O. box? Was Jayme ever allowed to have friends visit the home? Were the parents or Jayme ever seemingly deliberately vague when describing to others where they lived? Was Jayme allowed to use social media?
I believe this description of withdrawn and/or reclusive was limited to the opinion of one neighbor woman. I believe family, friends, co-workers, church members, classmates, dance, and track team would beg to differ. MOO

Maybe it’s just me, but I’ve never understood why on earth someone would want to ingest a drug that basically rots your teeth out and annihilates your organs and ages the eff out of you and then kills you, often then dirt poor. For some minutes of feelin’ high? Destroy the only body you have and are stuck in. Okay. But whatever.
One of the many things I have learned from researching meth abuse (prompted by the Holly Bobo case) is how it changes normal brain functions. Mouse over the brain and you can see which areas are effected and how.
What does Meth do to the brain? | Ask the Meth Project

I believe this description of withdrawn and/or reclusive was limited to the opinion of one neighbor woman. I believe family, friends, co-workers, church members, classmates, dance, and track team would beg to differ. MOO
Exactly. I live in a very rural area. I know my neighbors, we talk when we need to pass on information to one another or help one another, but apart from that, we rarely socialize. I was once described by a distant neighbor to another neighbor as a " shut in ". LMAO...ummm...not even remotely. We socialize with friends, go to the theater, attended music festivals, take classes, etc. etc.

Perceptions are based on what we, as individuals, draw on in terms of experience. Truth is something else entirely. ;)

Last edited:
This morning my thoughts were on Jayme. I started thinking about those vehicles. They don't fit. They look like suburban money cars. Could they have been in the neighborhood buying drugs? Not at the Closs home but isn't Route 8 kind of known for drug houses? I think I read somewhere (rumor) that there was a drug raid on the house across the street and I remember police cars down the street from the Closs home. I just wonder if those cars were in the neighborhood that night at that time and police are hoping they might have witnessed something and that's why they want to talk to them?
Is Route 8 known for where to go to buy drugs? Also I hear about Meth but can Heroin be also purchased there? $$ Drug.

Thank you for the follow up.

Question: Do we know if Barron County Sheriff's Department squad vehicles have dash cam? TIA

I have never seen dash cams mentioned in regards to this case other than our speculations that LE would have had them and could have pulled footage from them. It seems like a pretty standard thing for police cars to have in this day and age. However, I'll do some searching and see if there are other cases in the media where something was caught on dash cam footage in Barron County (if anyone else knows of a case, please post).

That's what I think too. Sometimes we have that neighbor we just aren't interested in and they seem to shadow us.
Didn't the one neighbor (rumor) say they would not open the door when she brought their mail up? Heck nobody better be in my mailbox without my permission!

Thought that occurred to me yesterday was did they have life insurance and who benefits if Jayme is missing? Any one could be listed as beneficiary. Did the house they were living in belong to the grandmother who died? Maybe that is why they changed schools. They inherited the house so they moved?

That's what I think too. Sometimes we have that neighbor we just aren't interested in and they seem to shadow us.
Didn't the one neighbor (rumor) say they would not open the door when she brought their mail up? Heck nobody better be in my mailbox without my permission!

I think the neighbor said the Closses mail was delivered to their box by mistake. But your point is taken. It's rare that anyone ever knocks on my door, but if they do and they come unannounced, I might not answer the door either. Maybe I'm not dressed...maybe I'm napping...maybe I just don't want to deal with anyone for whatever reason. So ?

(But then, I AM a shut-in, so of course I don't always answer my door. ;) )

Maybe it’s just me, but I’ve never understood why on earth someone would want to ingest a drug that basically rots your teeth out and annihilates your organs and ages the eff out of you and then kills you, often then dirt poor. For some minutes of feelin’ high? Destroy the only body you have and are stuck in. Okay. But whatever.
At the same token for the life of me I cannot wrap my head around killing people like this.
Living outside of humanity, given what you've done. Everyday thereafter looking over your shoulder, wondering if you'll be caught.
Then there is your conscience, living with the heinous murder you committed. But, I get that the conscience isn't much for these killers.

I think the neighbor said the Closses mail was delivered to their box by mistake. But your point is taken. It's rare that anyone ever knocks on my door, but if they do and they come unannounced, I might not answer the door either. Maybe I'm not dressed...maybe I'm napping...maybe I just don't want to deal with anyone for whatever reason. So ?

(But then, I AM a shut-in, so of course I don't always answer my door. ;) )

Yes, seems JS was referring to mail being delivered to their home in error. Here's the CNN.com - Transcripts from AB's show:

BANFIELD: Can I ask you about the Closs family? I mean, this is just such a horror that is been visited on them. I think most people are wondering, what were they like?

SMREKAR: They were very quiet people. We only saw them come and go from their home. We took mail up to them that got delivered to us, and they didn`t even want to come to the door. They were just quiet, preferred I guess to be alone. You didn`t see them out in the yard doing anything. At least we didn`t.

(Random thoughts: Perhaps JS saw both cars in the driveway, and thus assumed they were home. Or saw lights on. There could be a variety of reasons how she knew they were home, to think they were not answering. But interesting to note JS's observation nonetheless considering there is speculation of a perp coming to the front door unannounced in the middle of the night. Would JC/DC have even gone to the door in a middle-of-the-night situation like that, if it is to be believed that they wouldn't even come to the door for a neighbor, delivering mail? Random thoughts. Jmo)

What's starting to make me wonder about the Fla sighting, is, they discounted it due to the travel time from WI to Fla. Who's to say someone didn't drive her to the airport and she flew down there and got picked up at the airport by someone from WI who drove there prior to that day?? IDK
Just reading on the Baron County site, I'm wondering why it's not the "missing and endangered" type of wording, anymore. I think I'm just reading everything into anything. Or, anything into everything.

Barron County, Wisconsin - www.barroncountywi.gov

jayme_closs.jpg

Jayme Closs, age 13, was last seen Oct 15, 2018 in Barron, WI. Anyone with information about her whereabouts or anyone that has contact with her is asked to contact the Barron County Sheriff's Department.

Tipline: 1-855-744-3879
Email: Sheriff's Dept on Facebook
Jayme Closs (Amber Alert)

Yes, seems JS was referring to mail being delivered to their home in error. Here's the CNN.com - Transcripts from AB's show:

BANFIELD: Can I ask you about the Closs family? I mean, this is just such a horror that is been visited on them. I think most people are wondering, what were they like?

SMREKAR: They were very quiet people. We only saw them come and go from their home. We took mail up to them that got delivered to us, and they didn`t even want to come to the door. They were just quiet, preferred I guess to be alone. You didn`t see them out in the yard doing anything. At least we didn`t.

(Random thoughts: Perhaps JS saw both cars in the driveway, and thus assumed they were home. Or saw lights on. There could be a variety of reasons how she knew they were home, to think they were not answering. But interesting to note JS's observation nonetheless considering there is speculation of a perp coming to the front door unannounced in the middle of the night. Would JC/DC have even gone to the door in a middle-of-the-night situation like that, if it is to be believed that they wouldn't even come to the door for a neighbor, delivering mail? Random thoughts. Jmo)
Maybe they didn't like the neighbors.

Which just proves my point about perception. The neighbor actually described the Closses as " quiet people " (which may or may not have actually been the case), but several people here have interpreted that statement as something else entirely. Perception is a very individualized thing.

I have never seen dash cams mentioned in regards to this case other than our speculations that LE would have had them and could have pulled footage from them. It seems like a pretty standard thing for police cars to have in this day and age. However, I'll do some searching and see if there are other cases in the media where something was caught on dash cam footage in Barron County (if anyone else knows of a case, please post).

Still looking for a case involving a dash cam in a regular LE vehicle but this article has some interesting info about what equipment Barron county has access to:
During the same week that the two departments held a joint fundraiser on Saturday, June 17, 2017, at Weyerhaeuser, the Barron County Sheriff’s Department also took delivery on a used 2005 Bearcat armored vehicle, purchased used from the La Crosse County Sheriff’s Department.

Sheriff’s Department sources say the new vehicle will add a higher level of safety for members of the emergency Response Team in dangerous situations.

Manufactured by Pittsfield, Mass.-based Lenco Armored Vehicles, the Bearcat will seat up to 12 people, according to Capt. Ron Baures.

It has sufficient armor to repel up to a .50 caliber bullet, and is equipped with cameras and a thermal imaging system to track the body heat of a fleeing suspect. The vehicle has a top turret, winch, and a reinforced front bumper strong enough to be used as a ram to force its way into a building.
Read more: Fund-raising underway for joint response team for Barron, Rusk Counties

BBM. The ERT was mentioned in the dispatch log. I think we can assume that this bearcat equipped with thermal cameras was probably dispatched to the scene and put to use. I know some have wondered if the suspect(s) could have been hiding in the woods in the dark or if Jayme could have run to the woods and gotten lost. Between the thermal imaging bearcat and the thermal imaging drone they used it seems unlikely anyone was hiding in the woods undetected. JMO.

What's starting to make me wonder about the Fla sighting, is, they discounted it due to the travel time from WI to Fla. Who's to say someone didn't drive her to the airport and she flew down there and got picked up at the airport by someone from WI who drove there prior to that day?? IDK
Just reading on the Baron County site, I'm wondering why it's not the "missing and endangered" type of wording, anymore. I think I'm just reading everything into anything. Or, anything into everything.

Barron County, Wisconsin - www.barroncountywi.gov

jayme_closs.jpg

Jayme Closs, age 13, was last seen Oct 15, 2018 in Barron, WI. Anyone with information about her whereabouts or anyone that has contact with her is asked to contact the Barron County Sheriff's Department.

Tipline: 1-855-744-3879
Email: Sheriff's Dept on Facebook
Jayme Closs (Amber Alert)

I think even if that airport scenario had been the case, we'd know far more by now considering airport surveillance that likely would have been pulled. But this isn't the case, as the Sheriff made it clear that that tip wasn't credible and it was not JLC (*from a pc on 10/16):

Paul Blume on Twitter
Sheriff again reiterating that *official* info only comes from his Barron Co office. Other info & speculation NOT considered credible. That seems to dismiss the idea #JaymeCloss is/was in Miami.

As for the wording on the Barron County site, I'm not reading too much into it. The FBI site lists JLC as missing and endangered:

JAYME CLOSS — FBI
The FBI is offering a reward of up $25,000 for information leading to the whereabouts of missing and endangered 13 year old Jayme Closs.

Edited: source for Miami tip

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members