AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Random or peripheral...yep.

When I was a kid, I suddenly started receiving these graphic, sexually explicit phone calls.It went on for quite a while. When the calls were finally traced, it turned out to be my best friend's uncle. I'd only met him once, and only for a few minutes at that time. He wasn't on my family's radar at all.

So yes, I agree that this could be someone in their peripheral vision. Someone who maybe met Jayme once or twice under innocent circumstances, or maybe even someone who'd never met Jayme at all but had seen pictures of her and heard someone talking about her.

May I ask you what leads you to believe that there was someone with whom Jayme had a relationship ? Or that Jayme and Denise might have had an argument over this person ? I ask because this is a theory that others have posted, and I personally can't find any logical path toward that conclusion based on the evidence. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.
I'm not sure Jayme was actually involved with this someone, but that someone wanted (or was in their mind) to be involved with Jayme. I have had personal experience with a similar situation of a gun carrying young adult pursuing my then 13 year old daughter.

Point taken. I still find it unlikely that Jayme wouldn't have confided in a friend, though , or that absolutely no one would have suspected anything.

JMO
In the case of the teacher who abducted his student and kept her hostage, I believe someone saw them or suspected them but it was somehow swept under the rug. Just think of kids who are abused by so called family friends or relatives and it doesn't come out for a long time. It might not have been going on long enough for her to feel the need to expose the secret. Or she could have told them she was going to expose the secret and that was the fuel for the fire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, the neighbor husband, per the various interviews through his wife, thought the sound came from a "big gun." That wouldn't have been a shotgun, imo, but instead a hunting rifle -- like a .30-06 or a .30-30. Even so, because of the timing of the 911 call, I don't think the shots the neighbors heard at 12:31 am were related to the violence at the Closs house. Either that, or the neighbors' timing was off by 25 or so minutes.

Yet in another interview with WTMJ radio on 18 October, the neighbor man said it sounded like a vehicle back fire or "something big." Going by anything the neighbor's said is a big fat mistake.

Since it doesn't appear that there is a digital trail to follow, then I can agree that there probably wasn't an online relationship present. However, if Jayme was being stalked then there may NOT be any evidence of that right now. Just because we haven't seen any indication of that yet doesn't mean it couldn't have happened. Someone could have been fixated on her and the family didn't even know. So I can't throw it out as a possibility.
I can’t help but thinking that in a scenario where somebody was obsessed with Jayme there would have been some indication of that prior to a full on deadly assault. Somebody would have known, at the very least LE would by now know of the existence of such a relationship and that’s where the investigation and pleas for info would focus.

I think I would send that info in. Very strange. And how could a number be disconnected so fast?
ETA did you google the number?
Yes and it showed it from northern wi . I put in barron wi and it said 715 the area code that called.

May I ask you what leads you to believe that there was someone with whom Jayme had a relationship ? Or that Jayme and Denise might have had an argument over this person ? I ask because this is a theory that others have posted, and I personally can't find any logical path toward that conclusion based on the evidence. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

I have had this thought, too, though I can't answer for anyone else. When I leave the killer's timing of 20 minutes inside the house intact rather than eliminate that time. An argument or misunderstanding that began before that night (between family members and the killer) might well have continued inside the house that night. If the "misunderstanding or argument" was between the killer and the mother, which likely it was since the father was killed, imo, because he was only a "barrier," then I can justify keeping the 20 minutes intact, as it stands. Or... if the killer wanted to spend some time with Jayme and her mother for any reason at all and the 911 call caused everything to change and the mother is killed immediately and escape, with Jayme, ensued. It's the 20 minutes being kept in place that causes me to speculate this way... and it's not even necessarily the most likely scenario but I just consider as many variations as I can.

In the case of the teacher who abducted his student and kept her hostage, I believe someone saw them or suspected them but it was somehow swept under the rug. Just think of kids who are abused by so called family friends or relatives and it doesn't come out for a long time. It might not have been going on long enough for her to feel the need to expose the secret. Or she could have told them she was going to expose the secret and that was the fuel for the fire.

Not sure why all our quotes are getting so screwed up (ugh, this new format !), but I AM able to follow the train of thought here. :)

I can’t help but thinking that in a scenario where somebody was obsessed with Jayme there would have been some indication of that prior to a full on deadly assault. Somebody would have known, at the very least LE would by now know of the existence of such a relationship and that’s where the investigation and pleas for info would focus.
You have such a relaxed demeanor, so pressed silent in your extreme. I have other focuses -- rock and roll, guy.

Can I just say this before I burst ? I am really having the worst time getting past the panty stealer. I know LE cleared him of any involvement in this crime, and I know they had good reasons for doing so, but seriously...what the hell are the odds of that kind of wacky crime happening in the very same home where 2 people were brutally murdered and their daughter abducted ? It's so friggin' weird that I keep catching myself coming back to this guy again and again, and each time I have to snap myself back to reality and remind myself that this guy was cleared by LE.

UGH !

**note i trust LE if they say he is ruled out**

i'm right there with you. People keep saying the guys is a pantie thief, but to me its more it someone who is willing to make bold breaking ins to get **specifically** teenage girls underwear. Like you say he is cleared, but it hard not to keep thinking of him when we have nothing else to go on.

It would seem unlikely, but an absolute declaration that such has never happened is foolish, imo.

Happens all the time esp. if she felt her parents/friends wouldn't approve. 13-year-olds can have a very active secret online lives, however NOT saying Jaimie did. She could have attracted the attention of some psycho stalker, unbeknownst to her. In others NOT her fault at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not always. No one was aware that Brian David Mitchell was obsessed with Elizabeth Smart.

It would have bothered me had his theft preceded the invasion and murders.

Coming, as it did, after the well publicized events, I find it easier to see him as someone who's personal issues were triggered by exposure to the case, leading to a lack of impulse control or obsession around the case.

snipped by me for focus.

you make a good point that had not occurred to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member