AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it fact that Denise barricaded herself in the bathroom?
For all we know Jayme was in there, hiding with her....

Having said that - overall, this is a compelling theory, one I think I've posted a bit about previously too....

Talking with some friends who have had crazy encounters with meth heads, though....as irrational & insensible as it seems - those qualities of meth heads are precisely what makes a deluded drug crazed attack a reasonable theory too

It is also interesting the similarities to the Short murders....also interesting that it was in the press again a couple weeks prior to the Closs murders.....
If Denise was barricading herself inside of the bathroom as some have suggested, then how did the murderer get inside? Has any information been gleaned as to if the door had been broken into or shot open? Anything?

Is it fact that Denise barricaded herself in the bathroom?
For all we know Jayme was in there, hiding with her....

Having said that - overall, this is a compelling theory, one I think I've posted a bit about previously too....

Talking with some friends who have had crazy encounters with meth heads, though....as irrational & insensible as it seems - those qualities of meth heads are precisely what makes a deluded drug crazed attack a reasonable theory too

It is also interesting the similarities to the Short murders....also interesting that it was in the press again a couple weeks prior to the Closs murders.....

Yes, but could a crazed, irrational meth head have carried out this series of crimes and escape with Jayme in 7 minutes and perfectly avoid the cops getting away? VERY doubtful IMO.

Someone knows something. Whoever does and is not talking is evil IMO. To come that late at night after James got off work, tells me it was someone at his workplace. He had sympathy for that little girl and took her rather than kill her.
And if that is so, what has he done with her?

IMO, Meth-heads who are out of their minds and in such a frenzied state that they will bust into a house and shoot/kill 2 people will not then suddenly have the presence of mind to stop and say to themselves, "Hey, this one looks like a young teenager, I can't shoot her."

IMO, if this had been a random, drug-fueled home invasion, police would have found 3 dead bodies at the crime scene, not 2.
Maybe, it's both: Meth heads, who are (also) well known to the family/Jayme/one of the parents?

Saw a younger girl at a truck stop today buying a Starbucks frappuccino....now I understand why they may have made the comment in the family plea about the ice coffee.... its was a younger girl with her hair pulled in a hat...and a backpack on...not saying it was Jayme, but glancing the frappuccino made me take a second look at her.....still have faith that she is out there!!!!
Aw. I was really hoping that would be an attention-getting signal for someone out there. Someone suddenly buying those, or at least alerting cashiers to pay attention.

They believe that the crime scene was 14 miles long simply because they believe that to have been the escape route.

The crime didn’t end in that house, as it continued in the form of a kidnapping.

The perpetrator(s) has to escape using roads, and that believe that road was likely the one that he used.

Edited to add that those FBI agents have extensive experience with kidnapping and murder.
I agree with you. IMO air sniffing dogs followed Jayme's scent that way, west on Hwy 8 from the house. The dogs have an incredible range.

In the Amber Dubois case, she was abducted while walking to school and taken by vehicle. The family hired a privately trained dog who indicated she went about 20 miles to a remote area. After Gardner was arrested for the murder of Chelsea King, he led LE to Amber's body - in the remote, rough terrain area where the dog had indicated.

If only the dogs could talk.

If Denise was barricading herself inside of the bathroom as some have suggested, then how did the murderer get inside? Has any information been gleaned as to if the door had been broken into or shot open? Anything?

I don't think the cops have said except that the mom tried to barricade herself in the bathroom. But once the perp shot Mr. Closs, all hell would have broken loose in that both Jayme and Mrs. Closs would have been alerted. At that point the perp had to quickly eliminate the mom by forcing the bathroom door, killing her, hanging up her phone, and then getting away with Jayme within 7 minutes. Is he could force the front door, he could easily force the bathroom door.

Unless the perp was in the house before Denise and Jayme got home from the party, or sometime between when they got home and into the evening ... that means the perp either waited until after James got home from work to arrive, or it was a coincidence that the perp didn’t arrive until after James was home. One would think the perp wouldn’t want a man there to have to deal with, unless the man is a target. But, if this was all a crazy random hit, I guess it doesn’t matter?

I can’t help but wonder if this is a repeAt offender.

Or that it’s someone who walks among them. I live very near the BTK’s stomping grounds. I’d actually been to his home as a kid. I’ve come face to face with the man twice that I remember once as a kid . Again just days before it all unraveled.

I think he would still be walking around free had he not put himself out there again. I don’t think 20 years or so is to much time for a repeat Offender. I think we will all be shocked when we learn the truth here. I just hope it’s soon and we aren’t still talking about it in 20 years.

I keep going back to experts in law enforcement, LE, Falcon500, etc. who, anecdotal... all say (that I've read) think it is someone Jayme knows, and she is with voluntarily, or not....so many variations on who it could be, why etc. - but that is the gist

Ties into that press conference: either luring Jayme out, or trying to give her courage to come forward, to escape, speak up....also possibly to alert public to certain things: like that frappucino
It tells us LE believes she is with someone who will either buy her these or will even take her out to stores to do so....
Ie, she is with someone who 'cares' enough to do so....

In which case: there must be evidence, 911 call and/or otherwise to believe she'd be having occasion to be buying frappucinos or capable of watching TV, seeing her beloved dog, etc.

I sometimes speculate that LE doesn't come right out with it - that she is either willingly or unwillingly, in hiding is because they fear this might cause the perp to harm/kill her....OR
they will go into even deeper hiding.....
They would rather the perp not know that they know these basics...
aside from this basic assumption on LE's part, unfortunately I believe them that they haven't a suspect..or any leads...
BUT
they have a good idea on the situation otherwise, she is hostage, whether willing or not: she is 'missing and endangered'...
not kidnapped....
I hope that cell records and any other electronics will turn up a lead here soon.....
Eh. JMO
Getting frustrated with it all :(

I believe this description of withdrawn and/or reclusive was limited to the opinion of one neighbor woman. I believe family, friends, co-workers, church members, classmates, dance, and track team would beg to differ. MOO

From discrepancies and other odd things the neighbor's said, they don't seem to be reliable witnesses. I don't think they knew the Closs family at all.

CM, true. Good point. However, this crime happened late at night, and if the reporting that Denise is the one who can be heard on the 911 call is accurate, apparently she had the time and presence of mind to grab a cell phone before she barricaded herself in the bathroom and dial 911...so she had at least some brief amount of time for decision-making.

I do think that a parent's instinct to protect their child can be just as strong as their instinct for self-preservation. JMO. I think if Denise locked herself in the bathroom and Jayme wasn't in there with her, it points to it not being a total stranger. One possibility may be that Denise knew the perp was targeting her husband and herself, but not Jayme.

BBM: First I've heard of any such report. Can you provide a link, please? I've not seen any implication that Denise was heard on the 911 call. All reports I've seen, including the most recent with the sheriff, only say: 1) the phone was located at the scene, 2) phone was a registered to Denise and 3) "nothing" was heard on the 911 call that helps the case. 4) dispatch log: "yelling" was heard.

IMO, Meth-heads who are out of their minds and in such a frenzied state that they will bust into a house and shoot/kill 2 people will not then suddenly have the presence of mind to stop and say to themselves, "Hey, this one looks like a young teenager, I can't shoot her."

IMO, if this had been a random, drug-fueled home invasion, police would have found 3 dead bodies at the crime scene, not 2.
And...would they have been this careful about not leaving telling evidence in his/her/their altered state?

I'll also add this statement in about a recent growth spurt. A pedophile seems more likely than not.
IMO

"On a normal Wednesday, 13-year-old Jayme Closs would have strode into the dance studio in Rice Lake under the glow of an autumn sunset to practice her jazz moves and get measured for a recital costume after a summer growth spurt."
Jayme Closs disappearance: Search for possible evidence along a highway comes up empty. - CNN
CNN. I am unable to open the complete article to see if they are quoting someone or the above is fanciful CNN writing. It has been previously posted that Wednesdays were set aside locally for children's religious activities, bible study or in Jayme's church CCD in Cameron. ??

I have wondered if it is within TOS and fruitful to sleuth her weekly schedule for the purpose of knowing when she was in public places where a stranger would notice her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur