AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO
I agree. It seems the only logical explanation as to why she was taken is that she was the main target and they wanted her.

I contemplated that maybe they couldnt get themselves to kill a younger witness but when you consider how violent the killings were of the adults then it seems likely the killer(s) would have had no problem killing her as well.

We have heard about other cases where an infant is spared because the killers knew the infant could not identify them. The Ohio massacre of eight related family members comes to mind where they left an infant living. But in this case she was old enough to identify them and since they had no problem killing the adults I dont think they would have had a problem killing her too unless she was their motive for being there.

Link below is for the Ohio massacre.

Brutal unsolved killing of eight members of Ohio family was systematically executed, autopsy shows
THIS!!

The only new article I found today was reporting on the neighbor across the street who was arrested for meth (rest of article is behind a paywall):
A Barron man whose home is close to the scene of a double murder and abduction on Oct. 15 has been charged with possession of methamphetamine in Barron County Circuit Court.
A complaint filed Wednesday, Oct. 31, identified the defendant as Bradley S. Church, 51, of rural Barron. The defendant’s home is across the highway and just west of the home where rural Barron residents Jim and Denise Closs were shot to death Oct. 15, and their 13-year-old daughter, Jayme, was abducted, launching a nationwide search.
Defendant lived near crime scene, arrested after search

Thanks for explaining your take.

I may still be confused though. I thought the credit card debt which she settled ....happened years ago and she would have been in her 30s? She was only 46 at the time of her murder right?

We havent had a credit card for over 15 years or more now. We did have one when we were raising our five children because families can have unexpected costly expenses.

We get several investment magazines every month and they often have articles on how to payoff high credit card debt. So it must be a prevalent problem for countless people who have them. I would think the age of those who have high credit card debt includes all ages from very young to the elderly.

It seems to be millions of people who have high balances on credit cards. So I dont even think Denise's balance amount would be considered that high by the credit card companies and may even be below average owed balances.

I cant remember now what the article said wss the exact number of credit cards the average card person has but I do remember it was very high and blew my mind at the time. They listed the average balances owed in credit card debt and that also was astronomically high.

I thought the other loan taken out was years after settling the credit card debt? Was it also in default.... if so... I havent seen anything supporting it? It does show she overcame her difficulties she had years prior with the credit card debt she settled. Imo

However I am still confused how personal financial matters with one happening many years ago and an open loan has linkage to why she and James were brutally murdered and their only child taken?

So if you believe its possibly connected somehow would you please be so kind and layout why this could be the link as to why all of this caused them to be murdered and Jayme abducted?

Thank you in advance.

Jmo
I have no link but thought I read the credit card problem was in 2017.

Hoping this does not take over threads again...LE would have had access to examine that car by now and if they still think they are looking for a red car...it is NOT the car from the river.

Yet, they haven’t announced they aren’t looking for red challenger to the public that they asked to be on lookout and report. So I don’t trust that just because they once said they cleared the Monte Carlo, that that fact has not changed as well. Now, if they announced that the challenger was cleared because it had an alibi I might not think this way. But suddenly it’s a different red car. As if some evidence has arisen to suggest this. LE is under no obligation to report any of the reasoning behind these things, of course.

I emailed a Dodge Challenger tip yesterday, and received same response as poster up thread:

"Thank you for your e-mail. We are no longer looking for a Challenger. "

HMMM?
Well now that's interesting. I wonder why? Maybe they found it and the driver and car was cleared? But if they know which Challenger they were looking for why ask for the publics help. Strange case in every way.

Now THAT really is interesting ! Wish I could read it. Grrrrr.

ETA: Can anyone get past that paywall and tell us what this article says ?!

Someone posted a trick in these threads earlier but I don't think I'm allowed to repost that info. If I'm looking at it right, there is not much more to the article. Here's my summary of the rest: Two DCI agents interviewed the neighbor the day after the shootings at the Closs home. While there the agents noticed evidence of meth use and he admitted to having used some meth 2 months prior to that. The agents came back with a search warrant and found two plastic bags with meth residue, three glass meth pipes and a small bag of marijuana. That's all I can see of the article.

I cannot stay caught up this week.

Am I understanding that last week the Sheriff stated that they are just now going through internet and phone data? And now he's not sure what make and model of car they are looking for?

I must have this wrong.

JMO
I agree. It seems the only logical explanation as to why she was taken is that she was the main target and they wanted her.

I contemplated that maybe they couldnt get themselves to kill a younger witness but when you consider how violent the killings were of the adults then it seems likely the killer(s) would have had no problem killing her as well.

We have heard about other cases where an infant is spared because the killers knew the infant could not identify them. The Ohio massacre of eight related family members comes to mind where they left an infant living. But in this case she was old enough to identify them and since they had no problem killing the adults I dont think they would have had a problem killing her too unless she was their motive for being there.

Link below is for the Ohio massacre.

Brutal unsolved killing of eight members of Ohio family was systematically executed, autopsy shows

None of which actually proves that she was the main target all along, even though she was taken. It is possible she was. But it isn't a certainty, by any means. You talk of other cases. There are other cases I have been aware of where a home invasion turned in to a sexual assault, even though that wasn't the original purpose of the home invasion. If that is what happened to Jayme, then it is possible they didn't kill here there - not out of a sense of wanting to spare her, but out of a need to not leave behind DNA. And if that is the case, they also wouldn't leave her somewhere where she could be easily found.

All I'm saying is that we shouldn't be so single-minded as to assume that just because Jayme was taken, then it automatically means she was the original intended target. She may have been. BUT - she may not have been.

Someone posted a trick in these threads earlier but I don't think I'm allowed to repost that info. If I'm looking at it right, there is not much more to the article. Here's my summary of the rest: Two DCI agents interviewed the neighbor the day after the shootings at the Closs home. While there the agents noticed evidence of meth use and he admitted to having used some meth 2 months prior to that. The agents came back with a search warrant and found two plastic bags with meth residue, three glass meth pipes and a small bag of marijuana. That's all I can see of the article.

Between this and the wonky Google addresses...I really wonder about a wrong address scenario.

Now THAT really is interesting ! Wish I could read it. Grrrrr.

ETA: Can anyone get past that paywall and tell us what this article says ?!
You can go to the link and then Right-click and choose View Source. When the Source tab is loaded scroll down to about line 1500 and you should be able to read the article contents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23