AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Closs case enters new phase

Was told this article may have some new info but behind a pay wall unable to bypass it

Here's a little bit of the article:
We had at least 25 people on a conference call yesterday,” Fitzgerald said Tuesday, Nov. 6, five days after the investigation “shifted gears."
But those 200 people who were here (during the active phase)? Every one of them can be back here on a moment’s notice,” he said.
Fitzgerald said the case has “a unique dynamic to it, something that everyone wants to solve. It’s a head scratcher. There’s not a lot of information out there, and that’s the bad part about the case. But no matter whether they’re working on it in their heads or on the ground, or on social media, or talking with the (Closs) family, everyone is still working on it.”

I feel like another Jacob Wetterling...

The perp was dentified early on and then ev
We were also told it was a red or orange challenger, but here we are......... SMH

With this remark I am beyond distraught. Weeks later they send this out. Red cars in general. Ok. Only how many million

On Monday, the News-Shield received a phone call from an Illinois subscriber who owns recreational property in the Cameron area. The subscriber said the FBI had contacted them at their suburban Chicago home and asked to search their Wisconsin property.
Fitzgerald said the situation described by the subscriber is typical of literally scores of investigative visits by local and county officers, Wisconsin Department of Criminal Investigation or FBI agents.
“At the height of the case, (visiting that property) could be any one of a lot of reasons why we wanted to go there,” he said. “Maybe it was because of suspicious activities, or there was a tip, or agents and officers had some other reason for going.”
Fitzgerald also said there was some discussion about one of the suspicious vehicles seen near the crime scene. They were first described as a 2008-14 red/orange Dodge Challenger, and either a 2006-10 black Ford Edge OR a 2004-10 black Acura MDC.
“Now, we are looking at a couple other (kinds of) red cars,” Fitzgerald said. “We’re not 100 percent sure.”
Closs case enters new phase

BBM. :eek:

If Jayme was not the specific target of the assault, she could have been taken as a hostage. The killer(s) might have been aware that someone had made a 911 call and taken her as a potential shield against the soon-to-be-arriving police.
FWIW i think she was the target BUT

This is the only scenario that explains her not being the target, but being take, that is even plausible (Just IMO).

I feel like another Jacob Wetterling...

We were also told it was a red or orange challenger, but here we are......... SMH

With this remark I am beyond distraught. Weeks later they send this out. Red cars in gen
I cannot stay caught up this week.

Am I understanding that last week the Sheriff stated that they are just now going through internet and phone data? And now he's not sure what make and model of car they are looking for?

I must have this wrong.

It takes forever to get subpoenas to get phone info

None of which actually proves that she was the main target all along, even though she was taken. It is possible she was. But it isn't a certainty, by any means. You talk of other cases. There are other cases I have been aware of where a home invasion turned in to a sexual assault, even though that wasn't the original purpose of the home invasion. If that is what happened to Jayme, then it is possible they didn't kill here there - not out of a sense of wanting to spare her, but out of a need to not leave behind DNA. And if that is the case, they also wouldn't leave her somewhere where she could be easily found.

All I'm saying is that we shouldn't be so single-minded as to assume that just because Jayme was taken, then it automatically means she was the original intended target. She may have been. BUT - she may not have been.
Good post. If parents were killed instantly and Jayme was hiding or ran outside and was grabbed there might have been touch DNA on her so perhaps they took her with them.
If yes her fate would not be good.

Two different addresses?

Would be interesting to see where Google maps directions lead you if you start with one of there addresses. If I was there I would test it out real time in my car.
And if I was good at maps it would be interesting to see how close to the Closs home they are. I do remember one being right across the street and I also remember a lot of police cars right down Route 8 but don't know how far or which way a few days later after the incident.

With this remark I am beyond distraught. Weeks later they send this out. Red cars in gen

It takes forever to get subpoenas to get phone info

Thank you. I forget what sticklers tech companies can be.

Off topic. I haven't been able to be on here for a long while, but all my likes and old messages are gone, and what are trophy points?

The site went through an update and they changed the software they were using. Everyone lost their old "likes" count from the time of that change. Also if you ever used the blogging feature, all the blogs were deleted as well. Tricia warned that would happen to the blogs to give anyone who wanted to a chance to save their blog posts before the change over. Not sure about your old posts but I think some really old threads were also removed. Message a mod if you are looking for a specific thread and can't find it. I don't know what the trophy point do. You might find other answers to your questions in the welcome forum: Welcome To Websleuths

The site went through an update and they changed the software they were using. Everyone lost their old "likes" count from the time of that change. Also if you ever used the blogging feature, all the blogs were deleted as well. Tricia warned that would happen to the blogs to give anyone who wanted to a chance to save their blog posts before the change over. Not sure about your old posts but I think some really old threads were also removed. Message a mod if you are looking for a specific thread and can't find it. I don't know what the trophy point do. You might find other answers to your questions in the welcome forum: Welcome To Websleuths
Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member