AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are speaking from the perspective of someone that is skilled at managing money - I am in this place as well. However, I think if you took a cross section of Americans you would probably not find that to be the case. I am fairly certain that consumer debt around 15K is not that unusual for an average household. Last I check average CC debt was 5K with average consumer debt being circa 16K per family. Which is also why I don't think this has anything to do with this case at all. Totally normal for lots of households. Wouldn't fly in mine, but doesn't make it weird.
Hi Houseofblue, great first post! Welcome!
You are right. Debt seems to be nothing to Americans who strive to "keep up with the Kardashians". (Bleh). However, this family hardly seemed to fit that profile. They appear to have been a delightful, salt of the earth hard working family.
However, I am not quickly dismissing this debt. Given their murders, anything is notable, and thus, so is a past loan of $13K.

When I estimate their salaries after looking at a job web site that lists Jenny O jobs and pay, I am going to give it a SWAG that combined, they made $130K a year. That's probably generous, but I'm taking in to consideration their years of service, and his supervisory position. If that annual amount is in the ballpark, the $13K loan would represent 10% of their annual salaries. When we then consider that many people will tithe 10%, this number seems less out of proportion.
I do think that what it was for is still interesting, unclear if it's relevant. Given the fact these two good people were murdered, anything seems relevant at this point.

Against the odds, I'm still holding out hope for the miracle that Jayme is still amongst the living. Let us pray so.

Amateur opinion and speculation only

Agreed. This is the best ive seen it put. The only explanation that makes sense at this point is that Jayme was indeed the target.

It would have been far easier to just kill her on scene if she wasn't.

JMO
I agree. It seems the only logical explanation as to why she was taken is that she was the main target and they wanted her.

I contemplated that maybe they couldnt get themselves to kill a younger witness but when you consider how violent the killings were of the adults then it seems likely the killer(s) would have had no problem killing her as well.

We have heard about other cases where an infant is spared because the killers knew the infant could not identify them. The Ohio massacre of eight related family members comes to mind where they left an infant living. But in this case she was old enough to identify them and since they had no problem killing the adults I dont think they would have had a problem killing her too unless she was their motive for being there.

Link below is for the Ohio massacre.

Brutal unsolved killing of eight members of Ohio family was systematically executed, autopsy shows

i w

Yes, but that's when trafficking is the original crime. I agree. However, I was responding to the question if the perps took her because they didn't want to kill her, what would they do with her once they had her.

I don't think trafficking is something you get into off the cuff you would have to have access to an established network to "sell" her off so I find its ultra unlikely that they would have taken her and decided after the fact to traffic her b/c they didn't know what else to do. Also If I was someone running a trafficking ring I wouldn't have touched her with a ten foot pole. There is no way she would be worth enough the justify the heat involve with the case that is national news.

Trafficking always comes up in these type cases. These type of theories are very often latched on to by families and posters b/c it is a scenario where at least the victim is still alive.

I watched a video this morning about Michigan human trafficking sweep. At the end of the video it shows a statement from the US Marshall service stating, the message to the missing children and their families that we wish to convey is we will never stop looking for you. Officials clear more than 120 missing children cases after human trafficking sweep

I knew I had heard this before, so I found the Aunt's press conference again. She spoke the same message with emphasis on the word NEVER.

"Jayme, not a moment goes by that we're not thinking of you and praying for you," Smith said. "We need you here to fill that hole in our hearts. We will never stop looking for you." Missing Wisconsin teen's family in emotional plea for her safe return

If the objective were to take Jayme and it was thought out and planned, I don’t see how a brutal double homicide fits into the plan. Not to mention the neighbor hearing gunshots and potentially still being at the scene 25+ minutes later with somebody still able to dial 911.

Agreed.

It is all so clean in terms of getaway.
What if...
Dude comes for Jayme.
Struggles w mom.
Mom is shot (by gun from home or his). (Shot was not heard)
Dude calls contact, who arrives.
(explains position of his truck)
Dad arrives kicks in door, is shot.

Yelling, grabbing stuff, getting dressed, worried about dog, planning next step, calling contacts, but 20 minutes??
Are they packing supplies for a life on the run? Waiting for backup?

What did happen in those 20 minutes?
What happened to this family?

I emailed in a tip today - about an orange Challenger I saw here in CA with out of state plates (I noted that it was probably unrelated but I wanted to report it just in case) - and got an email back saying thank you but they are no longer looking for the Challenger. I obviously can't link to my email but not sure if I need to/how to verify this for a mod/admin?

As this probably means they've either found it and cleared it or... I don't know. Why else would they no longer be looking for it? No idea about the SUV.
I'm willing to bet the challenger is the one that many people have seen parked at Jennie-O. Probably a staff member. And I'm betting that person was driving around the area at the time of the crime and has since been cleared.

i w

Yes, but that's when trafficking is the original crime. I agree. However, I was responding to the question if the perps took her because they didn't want to kill her, what would they do with her once they had her.

Which goes back to the poster who said you don’t just jump into human trafficking. You don’t call up your dealer and say, “Hey I gotta kid you might be interested in.” Like she’s a stolen car.

i w

Unless sex trafficking was the end goal, and I think there is basically a zero chance it was, how in the world would the perp find a sex trafficker? It's not like trying to find someone to buy pot from. Even in criminal circles, knowing someone who traffics is exceedingly rare - and this is a small town. And finally, a trafficker would not touch someone whose face has been shown on national tv and on billboards.

IMO, Jayme was not handed over to a sex trafficking ring.

I feel like another Jacob Wetterling...
In terms of this dragging on without resolution for the next twenty or thirty years? Or in terms of the recently released LE documents which show how badly LE messed up their own investigation (they could have had the kidnapper/killer) in the early stages of the investigation, but ignored key evidence and the statement of an earlier victim that would have led to a way earlier arrest / resolution!

I'm willing to bet the challenger is the one that many people have seen parked at Jennie-O. Probably a staff member. And I'm betting that person was driving around the area at the time of the crime and has since been cleared.

The employee at Jennie -O with similar car was cleared within days IIRC. Possibly AB interview with Sheriff.

Snapchat rules in my kids world. Facebook, Pinterest are dinosaurs to them

Mine mainly use Facebook to keep up with family, snapchat to keep up with friends. Pinterest isn't used to "keep up" with people for them. They use to "collect" trends, shop and creative ideas. Mine are 20-ish now but had P even in high school.

I think it is interesting but not unusual that Jayme apparently started one but did not use it much. <modsnip - non poi>

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine mainly use Facebook to keep up with family, snapchat to keep up with friends. Pinterest isn't used to "keep up" with people for them. They use to "collect" trends, shop and creative ideas. Mine are 20-ish now but had P even in high school.

I think it is interesting but not unusual that Jayme apparently started one but did not use it much. I do find the fact that she had one male follower there highly interesting because I do not have one single male follower on mine. If I were an investigator on this case, I would look into alternate accounts for her on that platform. Someone who is into grooming might suggest that in order to be more secretive about those interactions. An innocent might be persuaded.
My kids and all their friends use Instagram and Snapchat mostly. I did locate a JC Instagram with many followers but I believe someone a few threads back mentioned that there were fake accounts set up pretending to be Jayme?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME