AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet that applies to daytime...most people lock up at night. But those sliding doors are a nightmare...mine have never locked properly when I had them. Had to resort to the piece of wood at the bottom.
I have the same problem with mine and thought that may have been a factor in this case. You can secure it when you are inside. Maybe they just didn't realize the latch wasn't working properly. Jmo

The dogs, infared, drones, and ground search would have found her, or evidence of blood.

I highly doubt she ever escaped.
I agree not overly likely, but I think dogs just like humans make mistakes, hid well enough a drone and ground search might not find and infared would need there to be a temp difference? or maybe I don't know enough about infared? evidence of blood, im not sure we would have that info. I am not just set on this idea, but it does stay in my mind, if she wasn't taken but run and couldn't get back be it from a shot or a hit to the head it would change the whole look on all this, part of the getting stuck is why was she taken, I have to include the potential that she wasn't taken.

The weather can change in an instant on any Great Lake or ocean. It happened to us. We had the highest tech GPS, weather toy you could buy. In our case it would have helped if my spouse hadn't been so cheap and actually filled the gas tank. Fighting the waves wats gas like crazy. When we finally reached Canada I literally knelt on my bruised knees and kissed the ground. Land never felt so god!

If these criminals used water to escape, they would be taking huge risks, as posters have stated.

You guys are all so brave.:):):)
I am frightened on a large Cruise Liner, in calm waters.
I can't believe how different we all are.
Instead of kissing the ground like yourself, after that event, I would forever now be chained to land whenever I was near water.

19 YRS AGO DENISE NAIBERG HAUSE CLOSS LIVED IN AN APT BLG IN WI WHERE MURDER OF TEEN TOOK PLACE

in broad daylight

KILLER GOT REDUCED SENTENCE USING INSANITY PLEA.

Was she a witness?

Man accused of killing teen in Barron

Additional Source: White pages confirms address at time of killing
This guy would be pushing 80 now, and as an immigrant from Somalia, would have likely been deported.

I have a question; can a 911 call log be altered? Particularly, the log requested by the public? I have NO REASON to suspect that. But I am curious. I've never considered that and I just wonder if something on a 911 call log was so sensitive and critical to an investigation and the FBI said absolutely NOT, do not release that. Would anyone have the authority to remove parts of that log before releasing it to the public? No I am NOT suggesting this hppend I just want to find out, period. Can it be redacted without tht being stated on the released 911 call log?
A reporter for the daily newspaper in the county had somehow received the 911 call log and wrote a story based on that call log just two days after the incident. No other media outlet had been given that 911 call log. It was only after the story had been published (in print and behind an internet paywall) and all of the other media outlets became aware of it that the 911 call log had to be released to all of them in exactly the same unredacted and unaltered form that the local newspaper reporter had been given.

This was not an instance where law enforcement just decided to release it publicly and offer it to all media. It seems to have been a mistake otherwise it wouldn't have turned up in just one single news source more than 24 hours before the rest of the media in a case that had national media attention.

One specific item that law enforcement did not want to give out was whose phone called 911 but it plainly appears in the 911 call log. Due to the mistake of releasing it to one media outlet law enforcement ended up having a detail they wanted to keep to themselves out in the wild.

19 YRS AGO DENISE NAIBERG HAUSE CLOSS LIVED IN AN APT BLG IN WI WHERE MURDER OF TEEN TOOK PLACE

in broad daylight

KILLER GOT REDUCED SENTENCE USING INSANITY PLEA.

Was she a witness?

Man accused of killing teen in Barron

Additional Source: White pages confirms address at time of killing
I didn't read anything about her living in the apartment building or that she may have been a witness.

Can someone explain the significance of the Lake Superior discussion? Is it just OT (and a lot of it), or is there some sort of tie in to the case?
It all goes back to the mention of Ontonagon County Michigan in the 911 call log. That county is in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and has a Lake Superior shoreline. At least that is what I think it is about. But I get the sense that there is some sort of nonsense related to it running through a FB group or three.

In reference to posts about Jayme being held in a neighboring house. I had forgotten about this radar. While it's use seems to have been questioned by the courts I have not seen it disallowed so I am guessing it was or is being used.
"The radars work like finely tuned motion detectors, using radio waves to zero in on movements as slight as human breathing from a distance of more than 50 feet. They can detect whether anyone is inside of a house, where they are and whether they are moving."
New police radars can 'see' inside homes

I have a question; can a 911 call log be altered? Particularly, the log requested by the public? I have NO REASON to suspect that. But I am curious. I've never considered that and I just wonder if something on a 911 call log was so sensitive and critical to an investigation and the FBI said absolutely NOT, do not release that. Would anyone have the authority to remove parts of that log before releasing it to the public? No I am NOT suggesting this hppend I just want to find out, period. Can it be redacted without tht being stated on the released 911 call log?
Absolutely a dispatch log can be redacted. And usually is.

In regards to the google maps topic- I used to work for emergency dispatch here in Australia for the ambulance, and we bought the system from the US. The addresses and residence info is from the phone providers and mapping through direct sat nav. Definitely not google maps, though I guess this may have changed. Mobile phones only show the address of the person who registered the phone, and the suburb the phone pings from. There’s also an address history and job history which automatically is available related to the phone number who dialled emergency.

Following these threads, we gain so much knowledge on varied topics, ones that perhaps we would not think about in our everyday lives.
Posters, with their different expertise are so valuable.
It is like going to school, only now you are interested in what you hear, and try to add it, to the particular case.
Thankyou kozzles, from another Australian.:):):)

It all goes back to the mention of Ontonagon County Michigan in the 911 call log. That county is in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and has a Lake Superior shoreline. At least that is what I think it is about. But I get the sense that there is some sort of nonsense related to it running through a FB group or three.
I posted that it bordered Lake Superior. Had nothing to do with FB rumors. Our state sends info to the Michigan HT TASC force when a missing person may fit the criteria as it is a HT hub due to easy access (major highways and borders). As far as connecting it to the 911 transcript it was just a stab in the dark.

Following these threads, we gain so much knowledge on varied topics, ones that perhaps we would not think about in our everyday lives.
Posters, with their different expertise are so valuable.
It is like going to school, only now you are interested in what you hear, and try to add it, to the particular case.
Thankyou kozzles, from another Australian.:):):)
LOL I totally agree. We all bring a different perspective to the table.

Did they ever bring in dogs? I would think they could determine this quickly if they did.

I saw a documentary, showing the skills of some well trained dogs.
These dogs could trace a scent, being several yards away, and follow in the direction of that scent, even if these dogs are on the other side of the road, with obstacles in their way from the scent :):).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans