AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish we could hear the 911 call.

The curious part of me would like to hear it too.

But by the way he described it, I don't think there is much on it as far as recognizable voices. In the DrydenWire interview, he compared it to what the microphone would pick up if he were standing outside the door doing the interview. I'm guessing very muffled voices and/or noises.

Either would be possible in this hypothetical scenario.

Some sort of connection to the area is likely I suppose. I don’t have to live there though.
Right, that's the gray area Im looking for. There are degrees of random. Seems to me the person must know the area at least a little. That means they eat places, maybe stop for gas, know people. May not know the family at all... but crossed paths somewhere.

It was certainly not denied...and the age bit is very specific for a rumor. Scary to think of but will admit is has been my main theory all along. Jmo
This scenario has been in the back of my mind all along also.
Maybe this boy wanted to be an actual boyfriend to Jayme , but of course due to Jayme's age Denise and James were very much against it. He could be from another town or even farther away and only met the parents once or twice and then they forbid him from coming around again.Jayme just moved to a new school so she may not have many girlfriends she confided in and the parents didn't tell anyone and wanted to keep the situation to themselves.
OR
he only knew Jayme through SM and she told him she couldn't be with him due to her parents. The violence and brutality of kicking in a door with guns blazing and murdering two people remind me of the crimes I have read that are committed by perp(s) mimicking video games.
Ever since LE brought in the electronic dog sniffing dog awhile ago I wondered if Jayme played any Xbox/type games? Could she have met someone through that. The sheriff seemed to say they are still looking at SM.IMO.

And not one person noticed this guy??

There haven't been any reports saying no person noticed such a guy. Hypothetically, could be a situation where some were aware of such a guy, but didn't know his name or where he lived. If there was such a guy, hypothetically, it'd seem likely Jayme would have told at least a girlfriend or two about him. And, hypothetically, a girlfriend of hers could have even seen such a guy meet up with Jayme somewhere -- arriving in a red car, for example -- but one that the witness ( a young teen girl) couldn't name the exact make and model. Such a hypothetical scenario could explain why the Sheriff said they are now looking for a couple different types of red cars beyond the Charger.

Jayme is a teenager, not a toddler. If someone thought they could “sell” or “traffic” her, she only has to say her name and tell them to google it..committing a crime like this does not go unnoticed. She would be too dangerous for any such pimps or whatever to have anything to do with. And there are so many easier ways to find teen girls. Unfortunately.

It can be quite maddening lol. Especially with courts having online records that have cases not on LEADS. Some judges accept those cases but others feel BCI/LEADS is the bible of criminal history. As for juvenile records, they are sealed in general but are available to LE and for PSI's in our state. I can't tell you how many def's are in court for sentencing and say "I thought those records were sealed" LOL. Even with that there are some judges that accept juvenile records but others that don't. Every judge is different.
In our state, if it’s sealed, it’s sealed and no longer available for release. But...in smaller, more rural areas, things are not always “forgotten”. And it’s hit or miss what will show up in LEADS. Usually takes a while for BCI to remove that info after expunging.

In our state, if it’s sealed, it’s sealed and no longer available for release. But...in smaller, more rural areas, things are not always “forgotten”. And it’s hit or miss what will show up in LEADS. Usually takes a while for BCI to remove that info after expunging.
Funny how states differ. I used to work with expungements as well. They are never gone to LE.Now I know why some investigations had me pulling my hair out LOL. Thanks for the info!

Random crimes like this are rare, but I’ll humor you.

I’ll use the Cheshire murders as a bit of a model, although that was a robbery that turned into rape and multiple murder.

I’m a drug using criminal with a history of sexual deviance. I have a gun in my vehicle.

I encounter Jayme and her mother at some point during the day of the attack. I want Jayme.

I follow them home, and discover to my delight, that the house is relatively secluded.

I leave, get something to eat, and perhaps use drugs or alcohol.

I engage the house late that night, when I know the family will be sleeping. I kill the parents, and kidnap Jayme.

I escape, not by good planning, but with good luck.

Now I don’t think this is what happened, but that’s how a random crime could occur.
You could also through mental health issues into the mix since there is correlation between mental health and drug use.

It was certainly not denied...and the age bit is very specific for a rumor. Scary to think of but will admit is has been my main theory all along. Jmo

I personally haven't been one to give much credence to this theory, because I'd think that a 19 year old boyfriend would immediately go to the top of LE's list. And that we'd know by now if he was involved.

However, I'll admit that I did a double take when the Sheriff said in this interview that he couldn't comment when asked about a possible 19 year old boyfriend. Can't remember which one, but I know that in a previous press conference he stated that they did not know anything about her having a boyfriend. Thought it was interesting the way the answer was different this time.

Now, part of it could be that relationship titles are basically a thing of the past when it comes to teenagers and even college kids. The terms "boyfriend/girlfriend" aren't really used that much for that generation.

I still don't think that is the way this case will go, but it's a little more on my radar now.

So: what's the rules here...since LE has not ruled out a 19 year old boyfriend is there any anecdotal evidence out there that he exists that we can share here?
No evidence that we know of , but just analyzing what the sheriff said about it.He could have said no , that is a rumor and we aren't focused on that at all or anymore. Instead he just said no comment. Makes you wonder.IMO

I personally haven't been one to give much credence to this theory, because I'd think that a 19 year old boyfriend would immediately go to the top of LE's list. And that we'd know by now if he was involved.

However, I'll admit that I did a double take when the Sheriff said in this interview that he couldn't comment when asked about a possible 19 year old boyfriend. Can't remember which one, but I know that in a previous press conference he stated that they did not know anything about her having a boyfriend. Thought it was interesting the way the answer was different this time.

Now, part of it could be that relationship titles are basically a thing of the past when it comes to teenagers and even college kids. The terms "boyfriend/girlfriend" aren't really used that much for that generation.

I still don't think that is the way this case will go, but it's a little more on my radar now.
When this first happened, that’s immediately where I went.

Either an older boyfriend or online connection that turned into murder. It wouldn’t be the first time.

Two things make me highly doubt this now:

What we know about Jayme in general.

The fact that this case hasn’t been resolved.

This case looks nothing like any of the cases I have seen, where a relationship leads down this path.

We have absolutely no evidence of any type of relationship that she was engaged in either.

I don’t buy this theory.

Last edited:
I actually thought the sheriff did a great job today. I can't imagine the pressure he is under knowing 2 people were killed and a girls life could depend on his decisions and actions, let alone knowing his words will be picked apart and analyzed. I give him a lot of credit. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95