AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheriff Fitzgerald says they are reviewing 80 videos from area surveillance plus doing forensic analysis of about 40 pieces of physical evidence-per day. Guessing from house, yard & 2000 person search. He says the case reminds him of the Jacob Wetterling case- which was solved after 27 years, committed by an original POI & registered sex offender. In Barron, there are 23 registered sex offenders within THREE MILES of the Closs home. LE has interviewed all of them, reviewed the info, AND GONE BACK when something didn’t add up. So... IMO, they have a POI or POIs, but don’t have enough physical evidence for an arrest. Let’s hope forensic testing secures some long before 27 years have passed.
Going Inside The Daily Hunt To Find Jayme Closs
PS: I hope LE uses the radar technology posted late in the previous thread, to check those 23 houses for a living person who is not supposed to be there- before case law/ privacy laws prevent them from doing so.
Technology was minimal in 1989. We are s much more advanced. Him bringing up Jason Wetterling tells me they have nothing. imo. Which means the perps were careful.

When this first happened, that’s immediately where I went.

Either an older boyfriend or online connection that turned into murder. It wouldn’t be the first time.

Two things make me highly doubt this now:

What we know about Jayme in general.

The fact that this case hasn’t been resolved.

This case looks nothing like any of the cases I have seen, where a relationship leads down this path.

We have absolutely no evidence of any type of relationship that she was engaged in.

I don’t buy this theory.

LE has been, understandably, tight-lipped in releasing any info regarding evidence in this case.

I wonder why they haven't announced what type(s) of possible gun was used. Didn't they recover bullets, or at least shell/bullet casings(?), which - from my limited knowledge about guns - can usually tell you what type of firearm is compatible with them.

Might be a long shot, but, if they said "a .25 pistol was used" or "a 6-gauge shotgun was used", maybe there's a chance someone might think "Hm, my buddy Bob owns one of those..." and it could lead somehow to somewhere? Heck, maybe even request people who own that type of gun to bring it in for rifling testing.

IDK, I know I'm grasping at straws here. It's just heartbreaking to think about Jayme as each days goes by. We just all want them to find her, and do everything they can in that process.

Thanks.
Figured there would be some scuttlebutt @ a boyfriend
It's one thing to ask about an older boyfriend...
Another to specifically ask about a 19 year old
Sounds like this is a specific person, specific knowledge
Which makes it all the more interesting the Sheriff didn't say 'no'
Sheriff must know these rumors...& he isn't categorically denying them veracity

bbm
I wondered about, why we had a pic of DC in her attractive younger years (maybe previous to her second marriage), but we had no pic of JC in his younger years. Seems, the focus is on DC or Jayme perhaps?

There is a younger photo of Jim posted here: AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #16

Wasn't there a camera on a street pole near the road at their house?

I think you might be thinking of the "pole cam" that was requested by LE after they were on the scene. This was mentioned in the dispatch log.

Either an older boyfriend or online connection that turned into murder. It wouldn’t be the first time.

This case looks nothing like any of the cases I have seen, where a relationship leads down this path.

We have absolutely no evidence of any type of relationship that she was engaged in either.

I don’t buy this theory.

Oh I agree. She doesn't seem at all like the type to have a much older boyfriend, and I'd be shocked if this hadn't solved yet if it were a boyfriend. Have to believe it'd be solved by now if that were the case.

Just found that tidbit from this interview a little odd. Especially based on his answer to that question the last time he was asked. I thought he would just shoot it down.

Though, it should also be noted that he really didn't rule anything out entirely in this interview. (There was even discussion of aliens being involved near the beginning of this interview.)

Last edited:
It could have been a hidden grooming relationship. As much as we think we are our children’s best friends....we aren’t. IMO
I am not leaning this way (I wish I could find the link again or had noticed the year) but recently read of a girl who was abducted after becoming online friends via another friend. Both girls thought the new friend was in their age range. It wasn't. It was actually an adult. I have adult children that I still tell (and am ignored) to be careful who they let in their lives. It only takes one wrong person.

911 call
  • A 911 call came in early Monday from a cellphone inside the home, [12]
  • Fitzgerald said the 911 call came from the home [2]
  • Dispatcher heard a disturbance in the background. But no one spoke directly to the dispatcher [1]
  • Investigator are trying to enhance the audio for clues. [2]
  • "No one had direct contact with our dispatcher when they called 911, we hear background noise, things like that" [13]
  • He says the call lasted less than a minute and the only word that can be understood is “help”. [15]
  • On Monday October 15, 2018 at 12:58am the Barron County Sheriff’s Department received a 911 call from a subject asking for help at 1268 Hwy 8. [18]
This is from post #5 on this thread. Has it been released who said the word “help”? If they believe it was Jayme, that proves she was present.

Anecdotally, I was taught as a child that in an emergency, if you couldn’t relay info, call 911 and put the phone down. 911 operators could trace the call and would send police to the home. Of course this was way before cell phones and I’m 40. I have kids Jayme’s age and they’d never know to do that.

This hasn't stopped bugging me. He said that the 911 call is useless, yet partly because of the call they know Jayme was there. The call, not the phone.
This is purely speculation on my part, but the way he described it was basically saying it would be like someone outside the room taping the interview, you could hear him but not make out what hes saying. I feel that maybe Denise made that call and Jaymes voice could be heard in the background. To me, saying its useless means you cant decipher anything, but you can hear, and possibly distinguish, voices. If thats the case its possible the killers voice can be heard too. So, useless for picking up conversation or knowing what was happening, not uselss for the investigation. Just my opinion.

Random crimes like this are rare, but I’ll humor you.

I’ll use the Cheshire murders as a bit of a model, although that was a robbery that turned into rape and multiple murder.

I’m a drug using criminal with a history of sexual deviance. I have a gun in my vehicle.

I encounter Jayme and her mother at some point during the day of the attack. I want Jayme.

I follow them home, and discover to my delight, that the house is relatively secluded.

I leave, get something to eat, and perhaps use drugs or alcohol.

I engage the house late that night, when I know the family will be sleeping. I kill the parents, and kidnap Jayme.

I escape, not by good planning, but with good luck.

Now I don’t think this is what happened, but that’s how a random crime could occur.

MassGuy, your scenario sounds very plausible to me. You gave me chills considering this as a possibility. It's a good thing I understood this was a hypothetical or I might have called you into the tip line-- that's just to say how believable your writing is to me.
But I know you were just writing in first person for dramatic effect.
Plus, you wear socks with sandals, so I have ruled you out. ;):D:p
MOO. :)

911 call
  • A 911 call came in early Monday from a cellphone inside the home, [12]
  • Fitzgerald said the 911 call came from the home [2]
  • Dispatcher heard a disturbance in the background. But no one spoke directly to the dispatcher [1]
  • Investigator are trying to enhance the audio for clues. [2]
  • "No one had direct contact with our dispatcher when they called 911, we hear background noise, things like that" [13]
  • He says the call lasted less than a minute and the only word that can be understood is “help”. [15]
  • On Monday October 15, 2018 at 12:58am the Barron County Sheriff’s Department received a 911 call from a subject asking for help at 1268 Hwy 8. [18]
This is from post #5 on this thread. Has it been released who said the word “help”? If they believe it was Jayme, that proves she was present.

Anecdotally, I was taught as a child that in an emergency, if you couldn’t relay info, call 911 and put the phone down. 911 operators could trace the call and would send police to the home. Of course this was way before cell phones and I’m 40. I have kids Jayme’s age and they’d never know to do that.
The word "help" has never been confirmed by the sheriff to my knowledge. I think that may have been from a media interview with the neighbor. Maybe someone else can clarify?

Random crimes like this are rare, but I’ll humor you.

I’ll use the Cheshire murders as a bit of a model, although that was a robbery that turned into rape and multiple murder.

I’m a drug using criminal with a history of sexual deviance. I have a gun in my vehicle.

I encounter Jayme and her mother at some point during the day of the attack. I want Jayme.

I follow them home, and discover to my delight, that the house is relatively secluded.

I leave, get something to eat, and perhaps use drugs or alcohol.

I engage the house late that night, when I know the family will be sleeping. I kill the parents, and kidnap Jayme.

I escape, not by good planning, but with good luck.

Now I don’t think this is what happened, but that’s how a random crime could occur.
This is the creepiest thing Ive ever seen you write.

I don’t mean an official boyfriend necessarily...
But could be an older teen/man online, a worker at the plant, anyone really, that could be attracted to her. Believe me, at her age I would have been flattered...not thinking about danger, laws etc...

But I do think a girl might keep it secret these days, if she had a flirtation with an older male just because we all know better now. Anyway just a theory. That age of male can be very impulsive and wrong-thinking, imo...

We have absolutely no evidence of any type of relationship that she was engaged in either.

I don’t buy this theory.
But what do we really know about Jayme? Things have been kept so quiet it’s hard to really know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95