AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did he say the public is safe? Is that in the new interview?
(I haven't had time to listen to it yet, so TIA)
He actually didnt say that in the new interview I just watched from today. And specifically stated he does not know if its random or targeted, but is looking at both theories and would release that info as soon as he knows.

Why do you think it was necessary that this crime required so much planning?

It’s a messy way to commit an otherwise well planned crime.

Unless it wasn’t well planned at all.

Thanks for everyone who posted information from the interview with Sheriff Fitzgerald today.

The interview does seem to lead to a theory this was a blitz of an attack, very fast. I had thought the killer(s) had been in the house for a longer time period before the shooting started, but maybe not. Perhaps the killers went in with guns blazing and a specific motive and target, and a plan to get in and get out fast.

On the other hand, if the the 911 call was made soon after the break in and it was detected by the unsubs a call had been made, it makes me wonder if that was the reason for the quick get away, since they would know law enforcement would be on the scene soon, so hastened the timeline. IMO.

I still ask the question -- in the absence of (the apparent discovery) of the 911 call in progress, how long do we suppose the perp or perps PLANNED to stay in the house?

Yea. Some reporter asked him about safety. He said the public is safe. IF it were a random crime , then he would be alerting them.

Investigators regroup to review leads in Jayme Closs mystery

Ok, thanks. Bringing over the exact quote for discussion:
A number of viewers posted questions Friday asking if investigators think the killer knew the Closses or if it was a random attack.
"I believe the public is safe but … I don't have that answer and I struggle with that," Fitzgerald said. "We lean towards targeted," he added, noting that the killings were done at an odd time and place for a random crime to occur.
Investigators regroup to review leads in Jayme Closs mystery

I think it is interesting that he links the timing and place of the attack to it possibly being targeted. Surely, random attacks occur at night/early morning, especially home invasion style attacks. But he thinks the timing is odd and points to targeted. He is also hinting that the location is unusual for a random attack-- why? Is it the location being secluded and the house being difficult to see from the road at night through the trees? A house you would not usually stumble upon by accident? What does Fitzgerald know about the family's schedule that day that would make him lean toward targeted? Or is there something about the usual schedule of the town that makes him think it was planned to occur at a certain time-- like before a large shift change at the turkey factory? A time of morning when no one is on the road? A time when the police were changing shifts possibly or over on the opposite side of the county patrolling? JMO.

I may be seeing things, but it looks like a slug in that chair.
MOO.
I don't see a slug, nor would I expect to... But now I do think this is gunshot damage. I can see the discoloration at the point of impact, the buckling of the splintered piece on bottom, and the frayed splintering on top.
cropped.JPG
Can I change my vote please? This is a bullet.

I may be seeing things, but it looks like a slug in that chair.
MOO.

and if it is I am almost sure ballistics are out unless it was a riffled barrel. if there really is spent shells there then they likely have a identifier of where it was struck.

and if it is I am almost sure ballistics are out unless it was a riffled barrel. if there really is spent shells there then they likely have a identifier of where it was struck.
There is absolutely not a slug in that chair. That slug though very well may be recoverable in the room. And with almost no exceptions, the only barrels that aren't rifled are most shotgun barrels. Handguns and rifles all have rifled barrels.

I not following, what do you mean by "ballistics are out" ?

There is absolutely not a slug in that chair. That slug though very well may be recoverable in the room. And with almost no exceptions, the only barrels that aren't rifled are most shotgun barrels. Handguns and rifles all have rifled barrels.
I agree it would have to be a shotgun to not be rifled. but if it is a slug then I assumed shotgun.

I don't see a slug, nor would I expect to... But now I do think this is gunshot damage. I can see the discoloration at the point of impact, the buckling of the splintered piece on bottom, and the frayed splintering on top.
View attachment 154842
Can I change my vote please? This is a bullet.
Oh yes! Now i see it!! Thanks for circling! I was looking down and to the left of that, just under the chair seat where the leg meets the seat.

In a so-called random attack, I think that often the perp has at least scoped out a house to get an idea of how many people live there. Not sure many home invasions are totally random as far as eenie meenie miney mo, that one. I think it can be targeted without a perp knowing anyone inside.

Thanks for everyone who posted information from the interview with Sheriff Fitzgerald today.

The interview does seem to lead to a theory this was a blitz of an attack, very fast. I had thought the killer(s) had been in the house for a longer time period before the shooting started, but maybe not. Perhaps the killers went in with guns blazing and a specific motive and target, and a plan to get in and get out fast.

On the other hand, if the the 911 call was made soon after the break in and it was detected by the unsubs a call had been made, it makes me wonder if that was the reason for the quick get away, since they would know law enforcement would be on the scene soon, so hastened the timeline. IMO.

It's possible that the perps planned on spending more time in the house. Or that they were banking on having plenty of time to get away after the crime at the house. We can certainly tell from the interview that they weren't there very long.

How long would it have taken LE to know that Jayme was missing if there had been no 911 call? Probably at least until school started the next morning. Leaves a lot of time for a getaway.

This jpeg was extracted directly from the video source. No resizing, no editing at all.
View attachment 154838
The native video here is 720p 29.97 fps, each frame has a resolution of 1280 x 720.

This is where I think I see a bullet sticking up out of the chair:

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    544.1 KB · Views: 160
I hope LE looks at parked cars and work alibis carefully. I know a guy who grew up in the 70s... his dad worked at the steel factory. He'd hot wire his dad's car, drive it around as a teen while his dad was at work, unaware. Had a good thing going until his mom spied the car -- my point, how easy to "borrow" a car from someone if you know it won't be missed for a shift... in and out crime, a person could leave work and be back pert quick...... and also, just because you get around by bicycle doesn't mean you don't know how to drive other people's cars. just my thoughts....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans