AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With both parents working shifts, it makes sense to me that Jayme would need a chauffeur, to get her to her activities. It makes sense to me that an aunt would be a perfect choice for that. It also makes sense to me that Jayme might choose to and want to hang out with that aunt, as opposed to being alone. When her aunt moved, switching schools could have simply been a practical decision. Nothing nefarious at all.
Kids switching a school is a very big deal. Very big. This should be examined further IMHO.

Yes, but perhaps she needed transport during their sleeping hours.
Good point. If one worked an overnight shift, when else would they sleep but during the day? We really don't know their working schedule. They may have worked overtime, taken different days off or both taken the same days off. All we know was that James was working during the party. Imo

LE has been working very closely with the school since day one. They haven't found any connection. That doesn't mean they will stop trying, imo.
I actually meant to reply to the RosefromAngels quote above.
I agree that changing schools at that age is a VERY big deal. We once again don't have much information regarding the aunt/caregiver, but if I'm correct aren't the schools approximately 10 min apart by car? If the aunt drove, you would think a 10 minute drive to Jayme's old school was feasible instead of having a child switch her school. I don't entirely understand the "moving for the caretaker" situation. JMO.

Last edited:
RE: the caretaker

My daughter and granddaughter lived with me until just recently. I work from home (and spend a lot of time here LOL) so I have always watched my granddaughter when my daughter is at work. After four years of this, they moved out, about 20 mins away. My daughter still drives my granddaughter here every morning during the week and picks her up after work despite her work being literally only about 3 minutes away from her new home. It's very much out of the way. When my granddaughter begins kindergarten next fall, she will go to the school here by me because this is where she is comfortable and would have a relative close to school in case of emergency. I had a point but I'm not sure now other than I don't think it is unreasonable that the Aunt may have cared for Jayme all along since she was a tiny baby and that was where she and everyone wanted her to be. A second home that's almost like a home home.

Since the sheriff has not ruled out a 19 yr old boyfriend who is un-named, it would seem appropriate to comment.
Denise went with Jayme to dance classes, to the skating rink, and saw to it that Jayme had a care-taker. Was the 19 yr old the reason?

<modsnip - rumor>

Last edited by a moderator:
RE: the caretaker

My daughter and granddaughter lived with me until just recently. I work from home (and spend a lot of time here LOL) so I have always watched my granddaughter when my daughter is at work. After four years of this, they moved out, about 20 mins away. My daughter still drives my granddaughter here every morning during the week and picks her up after work despite her work being literally only about 3 minutes away from her new home. It's very much out of the way. When my granddaughter begins kindergarten next fall, she will go to the school here by me because this is where she is comfortable and would have a relative close to school in case of emergency. I had a point but I'm not sure now other than I don't think it is unreasonable that the Aunt may have cared for Jayme all along since she was a tiny baby and that was where she and everyone wanted her to be. A second home that's almost like a home home.
I do understand your point. But starting kindergarten is very different from moving and starting a new school as a teen. Unless you are correct that Jayme already had friends in that area and was comfortable with the move because she spent a lot of time there. Again, we don't have a lot of information regarding Jayme's time spent with the caregiver.IMO

The area has open enrollment. The Closs home is in the unincorporated county just outside Barron. The caretaker aunt lived in the Cameron area so Jayme was allowed to attend school there. When the aunt moved, Jayme changed to her own normal district school in Barron which would also have bus service to the Closs home which the school in Cameron would not have. Both middle schools are for grades 5-8, and are small schools serving just 263 and 371 students. Jayme is 13 years old, born July, so she is right on track with her class and starting 8th grade. iirc she changed schools beginning 7th grade last year. Jayme participates in school sponsored cross country running and also attends a private dance school in Rice Lake.

IMO no, the change of schools is not some big deal or for anything other than the stated reason of the caretaker moved, and therefore there was no reason for her to go all the way over to Cameron for school any more since it never was her home school district.

The area has open enrollment. The Closs home is in the unincorporated county just outside Barron. The caretaker aunt lived in the Cameron area so Jayme was allowed to attend school there. When the aunt moved, Jayme changed to her own normal district school in Barron which would also have bus service to the Closs home which the school in Cameron would not have. Both middle schools are for grades 5-8, and are small schools serving just 263 and 371 students. Jayme is 13 years old, born July, so she is right on track with her class and starting 8th grade. iirc she changed schools beginning 7th grade last year. Jayme participates in school sponsored cross country running and also attends a private dance school in Rice Lake.

IMO no, the change of schools is not some big deal or for anything other than the stated reason of the caretaker moved, and therefore there was no reason for her to go all the way over to Cameron for school any more since it never was her home school district.

I
I actually meant to reply to the RosefromAngels quote above.
I agree that changing schools at that age is a VERY big deal. We once again don't have much information regarding the aunt/caregiver, but if I'm correct aren't the schools approximately 10 min apart by car? If the aunt drove, you would think a 10 minute drive to Jayme's old school was feasible instead of having a child switch her school. I don't entirely understand the "moving for the caretaker" situation. JMO.
I don't understand it either, we don't have any other details. There would seem to be a variety of reasons. Maybe the new school was walking distance from the Aunts home, and she got home from work at 4:00 Or 5:00. Maybe she didn't drive. Maybe the real reason for switching was because the school offered more and the aunt lived closer so it was a combination of the two. We just dont know. But I'm pretty confident that if there is somehow a connection to the murder LE will find it. So far there does not appear to be. If this was a random killing then it's possible the killer had no idea where Jayme went to school. Imo

Thanks for that information. It's interesting that they have that option. I wish we had it where I live.

I

I don't understand it either, we don't have any other details. There would seem to be a variety of reasons. Maybe the new school was walking distance from the Aunts home, and she got home from work at 4:00 Or 5:00. Maybe she didn't drive. Maybe the real reason for switching was because the school offered more and the aunt lived closer so it was a combination of the two. We just dont know. But I'm pretty confident that if there is somehow a connection to the murder LE will find it. So far there does not appear to be. If this was a random killing then it's possible the killer had no idea where Jayme went to school. Imo

Well, the killer knew where she lived, assuming she was the target. Why wouldn't he know where she went to school? If this was an online connection, we have no idea what was discussed.

I know what you mean. I've literally scoured everything I could find to get some kind of picture of the town, the neighbors and the Closs family and it's all really unremarkable. There is an opiod issue, but it's not nearly to the level that it is in some areas. It's a typical middle class mill area, a close family with deep roots to the community, typical ups and downs that all people have, the community is fairly stable with a few oddballs and the occasional bar brawl but a very active police force to deal with issues. The family were regular church-goers and Denise was very involved in community services as well as raising monies to fight cancer. Her family was everything, including her siblings and extended family. Jim seems like everyone's Dad, busy working, hanging out with the boys. And Jayme was a busy teen with cross country and dancing. It's just a normal family who went to bed that Sunday night after Mom and Jayme attended a family birthday party.

I do not think it is a typical middle class neighborhood. It has the worst amount of meth. Look at the arrests for child sex abuse and child *advertiser censored*. Lots.

Good point. If one worked an overnight shift, when else would they sleep but during the day? We really don't know their working schedule. They may have worked overtime, taken different days off or both taken the same days off. All we know was that James was working during the party. Imo

Actually, all we know is that Denise reportedly SAID James was working during the party.

Since the sheriff has not ruled out a 19 yr old boyfriend who is un-named, it would seem appropriate to comment.
Denise went with Jayme to dance classes, to the skating rink, and saw to it that Jayme had a care-taker. Was the 19 yr old the reason?

<modsnip - rumor>
The Sheriff has stated they have not ruled out anything short of alien abduction. They just seem to have no leads, so I think he is leaving all options open. <modsnip - reference to snipped portion of quoted post>. She could still be average to above average intelligence and very capable of making wise choices. She apparently did not have much of an on line presence, ad she only had a couple of posts on her Instagram account. That is the only thing we have heard about. Also, I would think parents that seem very protective would monitor her activities. Most parents I know check their kids activities regularly. Its still a possibility, but since LE has said they have not seen any evidence of this, and they have had plenty of time to look closely, it just seems unlikely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members