AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to admit girlhasnoname: getting weirded out too...
I didn't realize these gals were cruising @ at 2 in the morning when I'd previously read about it: I just assumed it was the next day or some such.
Because this does open the door to them knowing something was up: but how?
It is quite possible they knew someone had some plan: maybe they decided to go cruise by and see if 'so & so' did what they said they were going to....
hmmmm
JMO

Where I live (rural) many folks listen to police scanners. Reckon it’s a way to keep up with current happenings. Address is given when a call comes in. Could be what happened here.

I don’t do this but have been present when a neighbor listened and wanted to go “check it out”.

yes - my point is: just because there is little DNA does not mean they were not in the house long...in fact, little DNA points to a planned event
At any rate: little DNA does not = amount of time in house necessarily if the perp(s) are smart enough to cover their heads, mouths, nose, & wear gloves...

If they use something like Izotope RX to clean the audio I've heard that software package do darned near impossible things and clean up audio quite well - even if things sound terrible to begin with.
Never heard of this- one of the many reasons I love this group. Members have so much to offer.

I see an increase in break-ins in my area (monitoring my neighborhood’s Nextdoor web-based group), and they do tend to involve teens or young twenty-somethings. Home owners are tired of it, and some are publishing pictures from their door cams of the offenders (it seems there is always more than one and none I can think of as being a lone wolf).

In the cases you are seeing with the bold risks, where the parents are killed, is there any common denominator as far as the motive?
The hardest crimes to solve have no motive.

To make a profile that means anything, you have to know what the motive was, or at least who the target was. LE basically admitted they still do not know. So what can they say that narrows it down at all? Perp-wise?

Small town, word gets around super fast. I bet a lot of folks had heard there was some kind of horrible crime scene within an hour or two...all it takes is one or two people to see all of the police activity...even in the wee hours. Plus as others said, the cops, drivers, crime scene people are likely all locals...know other locals. Etc...jmo

I am still wondering why this was classified as a possible suicide. Was it something specific heard on the 911 call?

It wasn't really classified a suicide.
-First officers on scene knew they were responding to a home of last known address (Ms./Miss/Mrs.?) D. Closs, because of a hang up 911 call with yelling.
-Before entering, they see James (feet?) down, near the open door, house is quite they advise dispatch of "possible" suicide.
-They don't know the marital status, or who is supposed to be there.
-DV and Suicide is far more common in Barron than double homicide/kidnapping.
-They may have been dispatched to this call a year before: Murders, suicide stun community; Fitzgerald: ‘It’s heartbreaking, It’s bad’

Soon after clearing the house, things changed.

Edit to add: Officer advised dispatch of possible suicide, not the other way around.

Last edited:
I think LE would do well to consider WS sleuthers' ideas! We posted "look at dashcam videos" within the first days! And I also thought looking at videos of cars going TOWARDS the Closs's in the hours before the attack was a good idea. Not bashing L E - but some times LE doesn't do a spiffy job.

Yes...bodies have been found in houses after multiple searches. In the walls, attics, buried under porches, etc...places no one looked at the time. And LE is assuming the perp was only there a few minutes, not long enough to bury anything, but what if that is not correct? What if was there for a while and the gun shots came last? Or some went unheard? So much they still do not seem to know. Jmo

Still catching up on reading- did they ever definitively say who these girls were driving by?
From what was said earlier on the girls were somehow related to Jayme but I never went looking to confirm that because it was said not to investigate any of the family. Two a.m. on a school night these girls shouldn't have been up listening to a scanner or driving around town. Someone mentioned that most things close down around there by midnight. They didn't just drive by once. The police saw them and recognized that they had passed by before. I don't know how many times but enough for the officer to tell them to stop.

Another thought that occurred to me is if these girls who were driving by were there because they knew the family/were related and wanted to know what was going on then why didn't they stop and ask instead of driving by multiple times?

That aspect of the two teens may never be satisfactorily explained, unless they agree to an interview with the media. From what I can tell, they were ambulance chasers, but it is a clue that shouldn’t be overlooked. Everything and anything matters.

Someone posted a great video of police testing how doors can be kicked in. I found it fascinating. We are not as safe as we think. It's on page 42 of this thread.
If you find the picture, the door is broken away from the frame. The wood is like it would have been cut with a saw. Not smoothe like that. I am trying to give an image that the wood is literally broken clear through
Found it! Scroll down to the bottom.

The brother may have been listed on Jaymes school emergency call list so the resource officer contacted him for possible whereabouts?
Law enforcement went to Denise's sister's house at 4:25 am. That would be when she knew. I am sure her brother would learn shortly after this that James and Denise were dead.

Her brother contacted police at 9:40 am rather than police contacting him. But the reason for the call to law enforcement is not known. Could have been to provide information or he had questions for law enforcement..

I live a couple of states away but today my hubby and I were in a neighboring town and decided to stop at the truck stop for breakfast. My eyes kept scanning the place looking hoping maybe just by some slim chance Jayme would be there- I pictured her with her hair cut short ,colored dark and dressed like a boy. I knew I would still know it was her by her build and chin dimple
Unfortunately nothing but I keep hoping
God please bring this little girl home safely

Where I live (rural) many folks listen to police scanners. Reckon it’s a way to keep up with current happenings. Address is given when a call comes in. Could be what happened here.

I don’t do this but have been present when a neighbor listened and wanted to go “check it out”.

Exactly. Could have been many things. Could have been an uncle's friend told the girls that he got a text from a coworker who's grandma's home health worker heard from her ex-daughter-in-law who was on her way home from work and drove by and saw 6 cop cars on US 8 not far from Anderson's Dairy Farm.

Shouldn't that have been the first thing they did so they would know if an ambulance was needed? Or maybe the ambulance was already coming?

IDK what SOP is for LE, but I'd guess they secure the outside, have a look around, discuss who is covering where/what, etc. first, just to make sure it's not an ambush situation. IDK though.

Exactly. Could have been many things. Could have been an uncle's friend told the girls that he got a text from a coworker who's grandma's home health worker heard from her ex-daughter-in-law who was on her way home from work and drove by and saw 6 cop cars on US 8 not far from Anderson's Dairy Farm.

Hahaha ^small rual town in SC^ I grew up in..haha.. some things are the same no matter where you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal