AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believed and said on here, before this outbreak, that it was possible either James or Denise said something derogatory about an employee and that person was fired or quit. Thus the rage.

With all due respect, without any evidence that James or Denise engaged in that type of behavior, it seems unfair to suggest that *they* deliberately did something to put this whole thing in motion. I could see a perceived slight, perhaps, that could bubble into rage, but please, let’s be careful to not blame the victims. Just my opinion.

I've just read the thread and all the news front to back and have a few things that stand out and a theory.

1. Unless I missed it... does anyone know the relation of the local tribal lands with Barron law enforcement? There are three reservations in the immediate surrounding area and I'd be curious to know if they've been spoken with and/or if they historically cooperate with local law agencies? I think this is a REALLY important consideration. If they aren't historically cooperative it could provide a really good shield for someone who is keeping Jayme.

2. All the speculation about the salmonella outbreak at Jennie-O. While it seems far fetched to think this is linked, I have to wonder. No, a company as large as Hormel isn't going to feel a huge loss from a recall of this size and the resultant law suits. HOWEVER, management will have heads rolling. There will be people terminated / blamed / etc. This could potentially cause enough conflict to drive someone to murder. Again, I think it's far fetched but possible.

3. My working theory (subject to change). I believe the perp was known to Jayme based on LE's insistence that she was endangered, not a suspect and believed 100% to be alive. Be it someone she knew or someone her parents knew. I believe the murders took place around the 1230 time frame when the neighbor likely heard the shots. (mostly because I do NOT believe they happened in the 4 minutes it took police to respond ; that four minutes was precious get away time).

The perpetrator and Jayme remained in the house (I hesitate to post speculation on what was happening in this time but they could have been panicked, arguing or the perp could have been assaulting Jayme). Jayme seizes an opportunity and gets ahold of her mothers phone somehow, dialing 911. The perpetrator "catches her" and this is the scuffle heard on the 911 call. I also believe that something was heard by the dispatcher that led them to believe it was a potential suicide as it was originally dispatched. Maybe a threat to Jayme " I'll kill myself!"

The perp takes Jayme and bolts knowing that police are en route. I'm just not sure how they got away. My gut (with little to support it) is that it wasn't by car. There are likely a lot of people that know the land there extremely well. The only supporting "evidence" I have for this gut feeling is LE searching neighbors home. Makes me believe that they may have suspected a "on foot" or alternative (ATV) escape. Someone may have known the perfect place to hide out.

LE said recently (interview Friday before last, I believe) that they have no real reason to say that Jayme is alive...just hope, along with everyone else. Links must be in media thread, was a much-publicized interview.

With all due respect, without any evidence that James or Denise engaged in that type of behavior, it seems unfair to suggest that *they* deliberately did something to put this whole thing in motion. I could see a perceived slight, perhaps, that could bubble into rage, but please, let’s be careful to not blame the victims. Just my opinion.

Agree...though when you look at the most common motives for murder, among the top are money, love/sex, and revenge. Of course there are sub-catagories of these, as well as bizarre, unexpected “reasons” and justifications that force people to kill. Still, certainly LE started with these three basic motives and according to their statements of late, they still have not found the motvie(s), so an affair, though extremely common, seems unlikely. Jmo. In any case, it would not be the fault of any of the victims.

LE said recently (interview Friday before last, I believe) that they have no real reason to say that Jayme is alive...just hope, along with everyone else. Links must be in media thread, was a much-publicized interview.

I’m talking about their initial assertions.
I think they’re backing off of those now that so much time has passed but they were pretty adamant about it in the beginning.

IMHO one of the many great things about Websleuths is that we all have different perspectives, and discussing them here allows us to take a peek at things from different angles. I think it is so fascinating that different aspects of this horrible crime interest us. Things that intrigue me are not always things that intrigue others, while some topics here made my eyes glaze over. So if my posts about salmonella at the Jennie-O plant make any of you feel like I did about the discussion regarding the splintered chair, I tell you what worked for me when I came upon those: scrolling and rolling right on past those. While I had no interest in the chair details, lots of others did. It would be wrong of me, and frankly against TOS to tell them to stop posting about it. I think the same is true about these speculations about salmonella at the Jennie-O plant. We are all frustrated and very very afraid for Jayme’s safety, and so we chatter about something to keep her in the forefront. Let’s not turn those feelings into intolerance of each other’s area of interest. Again, just my humble opinion.

I’m talking about their initial assertions.
I think they’re backing off of those now that so much time has passed but they were pretty adamant about it in the beginning.

She was not there. They had reason to believe she had been there during 911 call. There was no evidence that she had been injured. Presumably these things are true and led LE to state that they believed her to be alive, as LE always does, without evidence to show otherwise.

IMHO one of the many great things about Websleuths is that we all have different perspectives, and discussing them here allows us to take a peek at things from different angles. I think it is so fascinating that different aspects of this horrible crime interest us. Things that intrigue me are not always things that intrigue others, while some topics here made my eyes glaze over. So if my posts about salmonella at the Jennie-O plant make any of you feel like I did about the discussion regarding the splintered chair, I tell you what worked for me when I came upon those: scrolling and rolling right on past those. While I had no interest in the chair details, lots of others did. It would be wrong of me, and frankly against TOS to tell them to stop posting about it. I think the same is true about these speculations about salmonella at the Jennie-O plant. We are all frustrated and very very afraid for Jayme’s safety, and so we chatter about something to keep her in the forefront. Let’s not turn those feelings into intolerance of each other’s area of interest. Again, just my humble opinion.

I have been here a long time...I must scroll past posts at least as much as I don’t, lol. But I accept that by this point in an especially active (here) case, the theories grow expotentially wilder as real info becomes more sparse...

It's tempting to think that if any of the mainstream theories were true then LE would release enough info to substantiate at least one of them. The fact that they don't just leaves the door open for crazier and crazier ideas. They could put a lot of these theories to bed by releasing more info. the fact that the don't means either they don't know (unlikely) or they know a lot and don't want to show their hand. I'm betting and hoping it's the latter.

She was not there. They had reason to believe she had been there during 911 call. There was no evidence that she had been injured. Presumably these things are true and led LE to state that they believed her to be alive, as LE always does, without evidence to show otherwise.

It was reported that Jayme wasn’t there at the time of the murders / 911 call?
I missed that somehow? Do you have a link?

Jennie-o is owned by Hormel, a several billion dollar company. A few pounds of turkey loss is nothing to a company of that size.

Hormel Foods on the Forbes World's Best Employers List

It’s not a “few pounds of turkey loss” that people are speculating about.

It’s lawsuits, tarnished name and management potentially pointing fingers and/or terminating employees over it. I don’t think anyone is indicating the corporation is involved but it’s not unreasonable to consider that someone fired over the outbreak could have sought revenge.

... can someone just say what “elephant” is in the room that people are suggesting/referencing? At this point, the theory might be hurtful but two people are dead and a little girl is missing! If the theory is wrong, well...isn’t that what WS is for?

Sorry I mostly lurk on here. Only post occasionally. I’m about to lose my mind with the bio dad and Jennie o discussions with the same news articles posted over and over. Not trying to be rude! But there are lots of circular discussions being rehashed on here.

Instead of complaining and not contributing, here is a topic for discussion. . . if we assume for the sake of discussion that Jayme was the target, why did the abductor(s) not try to sneak in and take her quietly from her room in the middle of the night? I think Jayme was the target but this question bothers me. Maybe fast and furious was a guaranteed way to get in and out with Jayme and no witnesses? Thanks!!

It’s an effective way to terrorize Jayme into understand that he is serious about things and that she will die if she crosses him. It’s also possible he felt he was “protecting” her from her parents. Flip side maybe he was protecting himself from their future accusations...

Wisconsin Hunters Keep Eye Out For Closs Clues On Opening Weekend
The message written on the Barron County Sheriff’s Office Facebook page, written by Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald. He called on hunters to look out for evidence that could unlock the mystery behind Jayme Closs’s disappearance and the deaths of her parents. Deer hunting licenses also have information on Closs printed on them, like her height, weight and what to look for in the woods.

“Anybody that’s a parent is aware of the story,” said hunter KS.

He said his land is in Conrath, more than 40 miles away from Barron, but that didn’t stop him from searching.

“I really started to think about it as, we have a very swampy area in our land, and as I’m walking through there a couple different times it came to mind,” he said.

But two days in the woods, yielding nothing but the deer they had been hunting. Late Sunday evening, Sheriff Fitzgerald said there were no reports of evidence found by hunters.

“There’s not one individual that’s gonna comb the county, comb the state that’s gonna get it done. It’s gonna be everybody together,” said KS. “It’s really the human thing to do.”

... can someone just say what “elephant” is in the room that people are suggesting/referencing? At this point, the theory might be hurtful but two people are dead and a little girl is missing! If the theory is wrong, well...isn’t that what WS is for?

Sorry I mostly lurk on here. Only post occasionally. I’m about to lose my mind with the bio dad and Jennie o discussions with the same news articles posted over and over. Not trying to be rude! But there are lots of circular discussions being rehashed on here.

Instead of complaining and not contributing, here is a topic for discussion. . . if we assume for the sake of discussion that Jayme was the target, why did the abductor(s) not try to sneak in and take her quietly from her room in the middle of the night? I think Jayme was the target but this question bothers me. Maybe fast and furious was a guaranteed way to get in and out with Jayme and no witnesses? Thanks!!
Why did Joseph Duncan act out his crime in a similar way? Evil.

It’s not a “few pounds of turkey loss” that people are speculating about.

It’s lawsuits, tarnished name and management potentially pointing fingers and/or terminating employees over it. I don’t think anyone is indicating the corporation is involved but it’s not unreasonable to consider that someone fired over the outbreak could have sought revenge.

As I said, it is a billion dollar company. They deal with fecal matter and turkeys all of the time.

Maybe the turkeys were grown in too much of an unsanitry condition. Maybe some kind of machimeey was on the fritz,

Hormel did not become a multinational company without knowing what they are doing. When dealing with animals and all of their diseases, there are bound to be issues.

One turkey that isn’t cleaned well enough could nasty up the whole batch.

I have to ask. Who in the heck eats raw turkey? I suppose people dom’t use proper cleaning techniques in the home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog