AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what the odds are that the perp drove by the Closs house or made a sorta dry run sometime over the weekend before making the real attack in the wee hours of Monday morning. If that happened, maybe it's possible that the perp's cell phone pinged the same cell tower that Denise's phone pinged when her phone was used to call 911. I'd think that the perp prolly wouldn't have brought his cell phone along when making the attack, out of concerns about technology exposing him to LE. But the perp, I'd think, very likely might have had his cell phone with him if simply eyeballing the house while driving by a couple times over the weekend.

Barron isn't a big place; perhaps LE, if it hasn't already done so, could take on the arduous task of identifying every cell phone that pinged that cell tower from say the Friday morning before the attack until the wee hours of Monday morning when the assault was carried out. Interviewing anyone whose cell phone pinged that tower over that weekend would seem like a productive step at a time when LE admits it is struggling for clues.
Maybe the perp passed by the Closs house, once or twice a day, four or five days a week, all the time ? The perp probably left his phone home on the night of the crime ?

Ok, so do you all read this as.....this car, whatever it is, is STILL a car of interest, it just might not be a Dodge Challenger?

And please forgive me if this has been already discussed. You guys know how hard it is to keep up with every post!

That was unclear to me as well. Remember when LE said they weren’t interested in other similar-looking cars? They were focused on a Dodge Challenger. That led me to believe they had positively identified the vehicle as a Challenger.

What was the vehicle that was pulled from a pond, that could have possibly had a similar appearance to a Challenger?

Prolly been mentioned by some previous posters, but one reason Jayme could have been taken -- if she wasn't the original target -- is that the perp either ran out of bullets or his/her gun malfunctioned. In that scenario, the perp would likely have had to take Jayme in order that she couldn't ID him/her, particularly if the perp knew 911 had been called.
Respectfully disagree and hate that I'm about to write this... but it takes only a few seconds to snap a neck. Yet that didn't happen here... why not?

So Denise's casket was closed and James' death was first called in as a suicide -- does this perhaps indicate a personal nature to the crime? A level of anger or rage as well?
Or... does it indicate that one casket is cheaper than two? One may have been cremated and placed in a casket with the other, or perhaps both were and the casket was just for show?

I'm really really disappointed that LE is not doing a better job on this. This person is outsmarting them, Wow. Small community, big populous plant, how hard can this be?

I'm really really disappointed that LE is not doing a better job on this. This person is outsmarting them, Wow. Small community, big populous plant, how hard can this be?

I think LE is doing all they can with what they have. they live there, at least some, and at least some have kids of their own. I think they have a great need to solve it for the family and community and themselves.

I think they are way over their heads let alone all the other major things going on here (fires, mass shootings, mail bombs). I’m sure their resources are limited

Reactions: JRW
I'm looking at someone from that plant doing this. Their little community would know by now if it was someone there! Duh.

just because that is where you are looking does not equal that as fact. LE has much more info than we will ever have and I do not think they would just not investigate if something pointed in any direction.

Thinking about why this happened at 1:00 AM, and how. First of all, I don't think it has a lot to do with Jennie-O except that they are a major employer in the town. The plant might be a link, but I don't believe this has anything to do with the salmonella outbreak or revenge. It has to do with Jayme. I think she was the target from the beginning. I think the kidnapper was not in the Closs family's circle, so he didn't have a chance to groom Jayme and maybe that's just not part of his fantasy. He may not be a total stranger, either. He had to find a way to take her, and knew she'd be at home in bed at 1:00 AM. He could easily figure out who her parents were and where she lived, just follow them. Once he knew her parents' names, he could find out what their cell phone numbers were and track them. This is where I think Jennie-O might fit in, or some other place that the mom or dad was regularly, somewhere that you might give out contact information that would be freely available within a particular group. Or, they could have sold stuff on Craigslist and used their cell phone as a contact. He may have tracked any of their phones, probably the parents and knew where they were at various times. Once he saw a phone at the Closs residence after, say, 11 PM, he knew they were in for the night.

Last edited:
I think LE is doing all they can with what they have. they live there, at least some, and at least some have kids of their own. I think they have a great need to solve it for the family and community and themselves.

I have learned to never criticize or underestimate the abilities of LE working any case.

I feel just like all LE they are diligently working on this case. They dont have to publicly tell outsiders what they are doing nor should they.

Imo we tend to be an impatient society who thinks all cases should be wrapped up quickly but in the real world of crime solving it just doesnt work that way many times.

I cant count the times over the years many assumed the police weren't doing anything at all... only to learn they had been working very hard every single day.

I think this may be a harder case to solve if they aren't finding any familiar link between the victims and the suspect.

I have no doubt the 20 investigators....which is still a high amount for one case......are continuing to investigate it thoroughly every single day.

This case is far from being cold. Fitzgerald just said recently that none of the forensic lab results have been returned.

Once that happens the momentum can quickly pick up.

Jmo

Wondering if LE has looked into reviews at Indeed.com to gain insights on work culture at Jennie-O:
Working at Jennie-O Turkey Store in Barron, WI: Employee Reviews | Indeed.com

This post, in particular, caught my attention. (I refer back to the purported Jayme health issues. I’d like to learn more about them and realize that HPPA laws disallow the open sharing of that information.)

Factory Laborer (Former Employee) – Barron, WI – October 26, 2017
I worked here many years. Did what ever was needed. worked over time when ever needed and more. did what no one else wanted to. Then after 18 year of loyalty my wife got cancer they were not there for me at all.
Pros
actually a good job
Cons
no compassion

So Denise's casket was closed and James' death was first called in as a suicide -- does this perhaps indicate a personal nature to the crime? A level of anger or rage as well?
The closed casket would suggest to me trauma to the head/face. Let's leave it at that.

Amateur speculation and opinion only.
Prayers to the surviving family, and prayers for Jayme's safe return.

My current perspective after taking a break for a tiny bit from this case: 1) I see no reason why the neighbors wouldn't be accurate with their timing/description of what they heard. A few weeks ago, I heard what I thought were gunshots (turned out to be fireworks) and I completely looked at my phone to mentally note the time in case it would be needed. If anything, they might be really mistaken - the woman did seem to get flustered. They are truly the ONLY "witness" to this event. 2) I am hoping beyond hope that this is another Ariel Castro type case. The perp went through a lot of trouble to take Jayme, I am still hoping that she is alive - possibly more nearby than anyone realizes. If this IS the case, people need to be vigilant about see something/say something about strange stuff going on. 3) Although I don't think so, my worst nightmare is that this was sex trafficking....that is the instance that scares me the most because the chances of recovering her are so slim.

Oh how I wish the 911 caller had been able to provide some information or a better clue!

My current perspective after taking a break for a tiny bit from this case: 1) I see no reason why the neighbors wouldn't be accurate with their timing/description of what they heard. A few weeks ago, I heard what I thought were gunshots (turned out to be fireworks) and I completely looked at my phone to mentally note the time in case it would be needed. If anything, they might be really mistaken - the woman did seem to get flustered. They are truly the ONLY "witness" to this event. 2) I am hoping beyond hope that this is another Ariel Castro type case. The perp went through a lot of trouble to take Jayme, I am still hoping that she is alive - possibly more nearby than anyone realizes. If this IS the case, people need to be vigilant about see something/say something about strange stuff going on. 3) Although I don't think so, my worst nightmare is that this was sex trafficking....that is the instance that scares me the most because the chances of recovering her are so slim.

Oh how I wish the 911 caller had been able to provide some information or a better clue!
I wish LE would have not waited until the morning to go to the neighbors house ( Even before they knew Jayme was missing). There was just a double murder next door. I would like to think that they would immediately go to at least to do well being checks. I'm not sure if the time accounts would have been the same. I'm just rambling with frustration. LE has done a great job IMO and it is easy to have hindsight questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aholloway14744