AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is about 2 hours south of Barron:

"Skeletal remains were found late last week in the Township of Clifton, according to Monroe County authorities. Monroe County Sheriff Scott Perkins said a call came in around 3:40 p.m. Friday, November 23, from a person hunting a wooded area near County Highway W in Monroe County."

Skeletal remains found in Monroe County
Oh No.

Thanks for the video. Informative. Gives people an idea of the damage caused by them.

Unfortunately the guy in the video is a jerk. Never, ever, should a firearm be treated like a toy! Always consider a firearm loaded. I would never stay any where near this guy if he had a firearm.

Although I've handled and hunted with rifles and shotguns since 8 YO or so, I was never given a toy gun for a present. Always had to borrow one from a neighborhood kid when we played. Dad was very serious about firearm safety.

Looking on YouTube you find half unique characters / half serious in firearms. I agree hes dangerous ... I didn’t really know PDx combo ammo was out there... like that..
Only reason I couldn’t see shotgun is small pellets person could survive and call 911..

That ammo seems brutal compared to small pellet spray for bird hunting..

I don’t know shell popularity I’m guessing pdx like these are common .. or he could make whatever shell he wants at home ?

As I lay in bed last night, I thought about someone kicking down our front door. Although metal, the frame is still wood and would "give." But, what got my attention was the time it would take for me in the bedroom to react. Our bed inside our bedroom is approximately 45 ft from our front door. If I was asleep, I would need to awake, take a few seconds to react, then go from the bed toward the door. My guess it this would take at least 45 seconds or longer. To kick in a wood door with a wood frame would take seconds. I don't think James nor Denise had a chance. Having guns in a locked cabinet, as required by law, didn't help.

Yeah, we have guns and in this scenario I am not sure we'd stand a chance. If we were both asleep, it would probably take us a minute to wake up and move. We'd be very disoriented at first. I work at night and I stay awake until morning, but if it were a surprise attack, I'm still not sure I could react quickly enough. Although we do have guns, it's not like I carry them around with me to go to the bathroom and stuff. In an attack, I'd still have to retrieve them.

Since seeing that China cabinet inside the front door I no longer subscribe to the idea that he was shot through the door. I can't see how that china cabinet would still be in seemingly perfect "white and clean" order if that were the case.
The picture was taken after the cleaners were there.
Plus unless there is a wall in the entry, the China cabinet would not be right there near the entrance. You don't sit a piece of furniture in the middle of the floor. I think that was probably moved by the cleaners. I go with what LE reported. Great work on the rendering. So, you think only one floor with two beds and one bath? Could be...

The article does not state that there is no union at Jennie-O. Rather, the article states that the Company would no longer interfere in efforts to organize a union. These two sources state or strongly imply that at least some Jennie-O and some Hormel (parent company) plants have unions:
hormel – The United Food & Commercial Workers International Union
Jennie-O workers file for union electid point.

I presumed the term describing the aunt as the "care taker" meant she lived with the aunt. As you implied, "care taker" and "living with" may not be synonym.
The article does not state that there is no union at Jennie-O. Rather, the article states that the Company would no longer interfere in efforts to organize a union. These two sources state or strongly imply that at least some Jennie-O and some Hormel (parent company) plants have unions:
hormel – The United Food & Commercial Workers International Union
Jennie-O workers file for union election

The Hormel contract agreement only applied to Hormel meat packing plants. The Jennie-O Barron plant is non-union. I do not believe their five plants in MN are union.

Plus unless there is a wall in the entry, the China cabinet would not be right there near the entrance. You don't sit a piece of furniture in the middle of the floor. I think that was probably moved by the cleaners. I go with what LE reported. Great work on the rendering. So, you think only one floor with two beds and one bath? Could be...

if that is one of the cleaners men in the pic (pic in thread 13 post 551) with the cabinet then why is the piece of door still there? wouldn't LE want that? or is it not part of the door just something leaned up inside? I questioned if that was really part of the door and then it seemed everyone was sure it was so I just went with it being part of the door.

While Clifton is about 90 minutes from Barron, let's not worry until we have something to worry about. They haven't identified if the remains were that of an adult or someone younger or any cause of death. Could be a thousand things. Definitely unnerving they found remains somewhere that rural/remote but hope it's not what all our minds first went to.

Very strange that the ages of the girls were both 13. And taken not that far apart, maybe 2 weeks. It is odd. Nothing in his way for Hania. But two loving parents in the way for Jayme. We might be looking at the same perp. Look how long it took law enforcement to find the Green River perp....49 young women later and possibly more. + 20 years. MOO this is odd to me.

Very strange that the ages of the girls were both 13. And taken not that far apart, maybe 2 weeks. It is odd. Nothing in his way for Hania. But two loving parents in the way for Jayme. We might be looking at the same perp. Look how long it took law enforcement to find the Green River perp....49 young women later and possibly more. + 20 years. MOO this is odd to me.
I think with info that's available, that's a stretch. The only real connection is that both girls were 13. Nothing else matches. Not time of day, circumstances, M.O. of perp, nothing. There are many other missing people that vanished around that time including females around that age. I would be doubled over in shock if it were the same perp.

I think that cabinet was actually there.
Again I can only go on photos I saw of the interior on facebook and of other similar ones I've found in the area and it's all speculating based on what I've seen.

The attached is how I'm picturing the staircase was (house in this photo has been updated) with the rail facing the dining area. The arrow shows where the China cabinet would be / would face the front door. These are small homes. The ones in Barron I found that closely matched were mostly in the 1400 sq foot range so furniture placement would be a challenge.

I think the lower level had some sort of basement area behind the garages. Could have been finished, unfinished, a family room or another bedroom or a workshop / craft room or just storage. Maybe another bath or a half bath on that level as well. No way to know.

Attachments

• RenderedImage.JPG
    RenderedImage.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
that cabinet was there when LE was removeing that chair. same man is carrying the chair out that is standing in front of cabinet. I am not sure of exact rules for links but maybe I am doing this right. the pic was pulled from this video I think.

I think with info that's available, that's a stretch. The only real connection is that both girls were 13. Nothing else matches. Not time of day, circumstances, M.O. of perp, nothing. There are many other missing people that vanished around that time including females around that age. I would be doubled over in shock if it were the same perp.

Me too. I have been following Hania's case, too, and the similarities stop with their ages.

Look at all the teenage girls who go missing every day and don't get any press, or very little.

that cabinet was there when LE was removeing that chair. same man is carrying the chair out that is standing in front of cabinet. I am not sure of exact rules for links but maybe I am doing this right. the pic was pulled from this video I think.
That is not the picture I had seen. Let me try to find it...brb

I get the feeling that James went to the door to see who was there. For whatever reason, he never unlocked it. So either a stranger or an enemy.

I keep picturing someone knocking urgently indicating they've hit a deer on the roadway nearby and in need of help.
Social engineering has helped facilitate more crimes than I can think of and this would explain someone answering the door when they normally might not.

So I was in the car a lot yesterday and spent the day researching houses / builders and layouts in the area. I came upon four homes that had front window layouts nearly identical to the Closs home. I also looked through any photos I could find of the actual inside of the Closs home (from the cabinet at the door to Facebook photos that show the kitchen) and the inside of those houses with identical front windows.

I think those that thought this was a modular or pre fabricated home are correct. Very popular in the area and most of them follow nearly the same layout.

Based on that information, window placement, etc. I came up with a proposed layout. (Attached) Please note; my scale isn't perfect and not all things are accounted for (ie; closets and furniture layout is a guess). My software isn't made to do structural layout (more interior design).

I know some people have questioned why layout matters. At this point anything would help and it was time I had to burn either way. I think it makes a difference in considering how long the perp was in the house and Jayme's location at the time. Possible entry / exit points. It also could give us some insight as to if there is one or two perps. Where James and Denise were, etc.

After making this floor plan I came up with the following theory of how things went down that night.

James is in the kitchen/dining area awake. Perp would have been able to easily determine his movement from the outside based on the large windows and patio. If they didn't see Denise in the kitchen / dining area ... they knew she was likely either in the master or the living room.

Storm the front door, startle James who comes toward the door. He's taken down right there. I marked where with flowers (sorry, my software has limited options that seem appropriate).

The perp could then push open that front door and with less than a step or two, catch Denise coming out of the bedroom or running from the living room to the bathroom to barricade herself. They would have a clear shot to take her down in the bathroom. Marked by the second set of flowers.

My only question now is when / how / what door was Jayme taken out of the house?

Oh and ...I just gasped as I was theorizing.
This also explains the split in the dining chair.
AND how a perp got in / out without walking back through any blood from James.
Excellent work. Makes sense. Explains why a china cabinet would be placed there, why deck was where it was and yes the chair-although it took me a minute to grasp that one

I keep picturing someone knocking urgently indicating they've hit a deer on the roadway nearby and in need of help.
Social engineering has helped facilitate more crimes than I can think of and this would explain someone answering the door when they normally might not.
That would make sense as in most two parent households that's what would happen I think. I know whenever we hear a strange noise or something late at night, I am almost always the one who heads downstairs instead of wife or kids.

Yes. And every time someone suggests they release the tape, I think of that nut job who killed a Frankfort woman earlier this year because he somehow recorded her, supposedly had someone analyze background noise, and decided he had clear evidence of her and someone else sexually abusing his son. Granted, he was on drugs. But the point was that he and someone else came up with a lunatic theory because they heard what he wanted to hear - that she was a monster, and that state police were in on it. You hear what you decide happened all too often, or what you expect to hear. I can only imagine what kinds of crazy theories could be cooked up if the public heard this, and how much that would then distract from the investigation. I leave analysis of this sort of thing to LE so that the investigation can remain focused.
I don't agree with the 911 call being released to the general public but I do think that the immediate family should hear the call. They just might be able to identify voices on the call, maybe even the murderer. JMO

I actually think this is a good point. I’ve followed a ton of cases on WS over many years and I’m not sure I’ve seen a family be this quiet over such a huge crime. I was hoping once shock wore off one of them would find their voice and start loudly demanding answers.

Vocal crusaders can really make a difference in the attention a case gets in social media, local news and even LE response.
I can't help but think that some members of the immediate family might think that Jayme may have been involved with the person responsible for this tragedy. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghosty_gal