AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I am wrong, but would remains be “skeletal” after the short (relatively speaking) amount of time Jayme has been missing?

They could be .. it would depend on if remains were buried... think it was warm off and on .. 40 days likely enough.. vultures arrive same day body is placed there just like hit animal.. only way they wouldn’t have quick dental records is vultures/ animals separate skull from body ... still don’t think it’s her or hoping .. close enough on map... you would think height and bone structure would immediately say yes or no...??? Wouldn’t you ??

Correct me if I am wrong, but would remains be “skeletal” after the short (relatively speaking) amount of time Jayme has been missing?
No. A corpse dumped in the woods or buried in a shallow grave (as opposed to a coffin and vault) would take about 1 year to decompose the point of being skeletal. Even then, there may still be traces of tissue on the bones. And, many factors can influence the rate of decay, such as weather, insects, etc. Notice they reported "skeletal" remains, not "human" remains, which would indicate a much more recent death. Unless some info has been reported incorrectly, it is not Jayme.

They could be .. it would depend on if remains were buried... think it was warm off and on .. 40 days likely enough.. vultures arrive same day body is placed there just like hit animal.. only way they wouldn’t have quick dental records is vultures/ animals separate skull from body ... still don’t think it’s her or hoping .. close enough on map... you would think height and bone structure would immediately say yes or no...??? Wouldn’t you ??

Female pelvic bones are different than males; there are other differences as well. As to height, that comes into play as well.

Here's an article on identifying whether a skeleton is male or female: Determining Sex

My fear is that she was injured, maybe by a bullet, ran away from the perps and eventually died from her injury. What's the terrain like again? Is there a ravine into which she could have fallen? With the leaves falling, she could be hidden pretty well. We know they've searched but I've seen A LOT of people found within the search radius many months after they went missing....maybe she was never taken to begin with. Dumb idea I know, but different . Impossible?

My fear is that she was injured, maybe by a bullet, ran away from the perps and eventually died from her injury. What's the terrain like again? Is there a ravine into which she could have fallen? With the leaves falling, she could be hidden pretty well. We know they've searched but I've seen A LOT of people found within the search radius many months after they went missing....maybe she was never taken to begin with. Dumb idea I know, but different . Impossible?
They had dogs out there at the beginning, didn't they? I thought they said there was no trail any where passed the driveway.

No. A corpse dumped in the woods or buried in a shallow grave (as opposed to a coffin and vault) would take about 1 year to decompose the point of being skeletal. Even then, there may still be traces of tissue on the bones. And, many factors can influence the rate of decay, such as weather, insects, etc. Notice they reported "skeletal" remains, not "human" remains, which would indicate a much more recent death. Unless some info has been reported incorrectly, it is not Jayme.

See article below... it depends on weather and also local vultures or turkey vulture population... where I live... there are quite a few.. and can cause massive car wrecks cleaning hit animals.

Your correct 1 yr if left alone or too hot or too cold.. but if vultures are heavy in that area... could be 3/4 weeks... that sounds quick I know.. but Mother Nature is a unkind son of a gun ..

https://phys.org/news/2012-03-forensics-texas-focuses-vultures.html

How the heck long do they need Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and moving into Tuesday Surely there is some indication of sex and height, some hair left on skull (Jayme had long strawberry blonde hair) and maybe partial clothing... something tells me this isn’t Jayme, and this skeleton has been there for a year or two. Quite decayed. JMOO

How the heck long do they need Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and moving into Tuesday Surely there is some indication of sex and height, some hair left on skull (Jayme had long strawberry blonde hair) and maybe partial clothing... something tells me this isn’t Jayme, and this skeleton has been there for a year or two. Quite decayed. JMOO
I was all excited due to the location, but any info on that case seems to be completely independent of the Jayme Closs case. Seems safe to assume at this point it’s got nothing to do with Jayme or that would have been mentioned by now.

Whoever it is, I'm glad they were finally found.

I'm reminded of the discovery of a body while Mollie Tibbetts was missing. Within a day, police released a statement that it was not Mollie. Maybe police will release a similar statement in this case as well.

I'm reminded of the discovery of a body while Mollie Tibbetts was missing. Within a day, police released a statement that it was not Mollie. Maybe police will release a similar statement in this case as well.

I’m surprised this hasn’t been done already, considering this is day 4 since the discovery. Even a statement saying that it’s not Jayme Closs at this point, assuming they know that, and I can’t see why they wouldn’t. I know I’ve seen that in other high profile cases, where they’ve found a body, but not “the” body of the high profiled case.

I’m surprised this hasn’t been done already, considering this is day 4 since the discovery. Even a statement saying that it’s not Jayme Closs at this point, assuming they know that, and I can’t see why they wouldn’t. I know I’ve seen that in other high profile cases, where they’ve found a body, but not “the” body of the high profiled case.
I’m guessing there’s no reason to say it’s not this body, or any of the thousands of other missing people. Us websluethers are quick to associate any news to whatever case we’re looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns