AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know timeline they release bullet/gun info.??

You would think if nothing 6 months in they would release it ??

Only reason I ask is since no sketch / no shoe size/ the bullets might be clue to
Somebody ...

Person x always likes that type of ammo..
Person x tried to sell me that type of gun
Person x just lost this type gun

Realize they wanna hold their cards.. but if your 60 days in and have zilch how could that hurt ?? You would assume family friends know ammo as they’ve likely been asked.. do you know anyone that has x gun??

Why not tell us??
They would not reveal what kind of gun was used because that would be something only the perp knows. Imo

The neighbors stated that they rolled over and went to sleep after the gunshots. She said the dog was by the window making noises, but never said that she went outside that I recall. They did not find out what happened until they got up later that day. Imo
Your welcome. I just read it again and even in that interview, that early in the case, the Sheriff does not seem to put much credence in the neighbors. He actually refers to it as a tip rather than any sort of fact.
Just going back to a previous post that I put up and I forgot to mention that the neighbor never stated in the interview that she actually went outside.
SMREKAR: "No, and I don`t sleep well at night and I was about at the boat (this is the transcript, she actually says at about). 1:00 --ish and our dog was on the porch and he was doing some light noises
and I knew something was up. But I could not see anything anywhere that looked or felt out of line. And I told the FBI people that have been here a couple times. "

She only states that the dog was on the porch

I agree. especially if it was a certain kind of gun that was used and someone that had a suspect in mind new that that suspect liked or owned that kind of gun. It could only help LE. I cannot see the cards they are holding by not releasing that kind of info.
It would not help LE if 500 people call in tips based on certain type of gun they know someone to have. However, if a person suspects someone and is asked what type of gun they own and they describe the one that fits what they know was used, that's one piece of information that points to that specific suspect. Imo

Last edited:
It was more geared towards bullets..
There’s a no of shotgun shell types in addition to home made shells.

If shotgun shells could be no of guns..

I just think if u release the shell type or bullet type u might get a store clerk that says there’s the one guy that bought bunch if that type ... or somebody could remember one guy at range that only uses that but he left town 2 months ago.

I know le is probably looking for all purchases like crazy if those shells or bullets but outside that why not release it.. unless that’s all they got.. if so kinda screwed.

Don’t think you’d have 500 tips think u might have 20/30 ... who knows might get somebody to call in right guy.. beats the 0 tips we got now.

Connected to the tower and within 50 yards of the Closs residence are worlds apart but you know that. The question was can they narrow down all cell phones that have been within 50 yards of the Closs residence in a set time frame.
The answer is no. Not likely.
I answered the question as it was asked and my information was accurate.
There are a lot of "if this than that" when it comes to cell phone forensics in a kidnapping case. Like you said ... airplane mode will kill it all. What I posted was specifically related to THIS case and what is currently likely available to LE.
I just happen to have a background that includes the telephony systems of the United States, but what do I know.

So you are saying that LE can get a list of ALL phones that have been within a 50yd radius of the Closs home within the past 6 weeks?
No. A judge will not allow that. However, they would be able to obtain one that specifies an area (likely a circle that is 22 miles in diameter) and a time frame of several hours, say 10pm October 14th to 2am October 15th.

Where does "50 yards" come from?

No. A judge will not allow that. However, they would be able to obtain one that specifies an area (likely a circle that is 22 miles in diameter) and a time frame of several hours, say 10pm October 14th to 2am October 15th.

The question asked was if LE could get a list of ALL phones in 50yd radius of the Closs residence in a specified time frame.

I responded to that question specifically and said no. You keep posting, quoting me and “correcting” my posts while saying essentially the same thing I have.

I just watched "SHATTERED" on ID

Santa Claus Georgia
Jerry Scott HEIDLER
December 4, 1997

"Jerry Heidler, 22, was found guilty in the fatal shootings of Kim and Danny Daniels, their daughter, Jessica, 16, and son, Bryant, 8, as they slept."

He abducted 3 girls.
Some of the children were foster children.
He was the older brother of one of the foster children and had made a couple of the girls "uncomfortable" when he came around.

Danny Daniels told Jerry he was no longer welcome there.
He returned, killing the parents and two children, and abducting 3 of the younger girls.

So it seems some random pissed off young adult has done something similar.

I didn't even know that there was a SANTA CLAUS GA!
LINK to follow:
MAN FOUND GUILTY OF KILLING 4 IN FAMILY AT HOLIDAY TOWN
Family Shot to Death At Home in Georgia
FOSTER PARENTS, TWO CHILDREN KILLED IN GEORGIA

Last edited:
The question asked was if LE could get a list of ALL phones in 50yd radius of the Closs residence in a specified time frame.

I responded to that question specifically and said no. You keep posting, quoting me and “correcting” my posts while saying essentially the same thing I have.
Ugh. Yes they can absolutely find any phone that was within a distance of the Closs home - if there was such a phone.

But I asked you what is it with 50 yards? Why on Earth are you using an arbitrary distance. 50 yards is meaningless.

Ugh. Yes they can absolutely find any phone that was within a distance of the Closs home - if there was such a phone.

But I asked you what is it with 50 yards? Why on Earth are you using an arbitrary distance. 50 yards is meaningless.

Looks like the 50 yards started with a question by Rubiconbob, post #286.

AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #26

Y’all will have to tell me.,, can u not take GPS location of the Closs house and do 50 yards around house ... give me any cell phone to hit that area last 24 months ... can’t be more than 100 to 200 people ?? Most are easy to eliminate ?? Jamie friends aunts/ grandpa / mailman...ups driver.
??? Can we get this ?? Or can Fitzgerald get this ??

snipped & bbm

Thnx jethro. Doubt perp had phone on close to Crime but u never know.. if what u say is accurate... worth a shot.. simply look at all active phones after midnight...

Which phones moved out of 22 mile radius @ 2 am ...

If phone isn’t local.. if perp isn’t local .. u might have something?? If perp turns on phone 5 miles outa town then is gone.. who knows. Can’t be boatload active phones @1 am Even less that ping at 1 am then off @ 2 am

Again. I am no phone expert. Hoping for lucky break...

I just watched "SHATTERED" on ID

Santa Claus Georgia
Jerry Scott HEIDLER
December 4, 1997

"Jerry Heidler, 22, was found guilty in the fatal shootings of Kim and Danny Daniels, their daughter, Jessica, 16, and son, Bryant, 8, as they slept."

So it seems some random pissed off young adult has done something similar.
MAN FOUND GUILTY OF KILLING 4 IN FAMILY AT HOLIDAY TOWN
Family Shot to Death At Home in Georgia
FOSTER PARENTS, TWO CHILDREN KILLED IN GEORGIA

Wow, Gngr~snap.

Thanks for this research.

As many Websleuths have said in the past 26 threads:
"No good deed, goes unpunished."

...which would leave us with Denise being the possible target, as she was perceived as very helpful in the community.

Many posters have also written, that here, there is a young male vibe as the perpetrator, and that he perceives he is "saving" Jayme from her parents.

Praying for Jayme's safe return as we approach the holidays.

Thnx jethro. Doubt perp had phone on close to Crime but u never know.. if what u say is accurate... worth a shot.. simply look at all active phones after midnight...

Which phones moved out of 22 mile radius @ 2 am ...

If phone isn’t local.. if perp isn’t local .. u might have something?? If perp turns on phone 5 miles outa town then is gone.. who knows. Can’t be boatload active phones @1 am Even less that ping at 1 am then off @ 2 am

Again. I am no phone expert. Hoping for lucky break...
If the phone is off, in airplane mode, or the perp did not bring a phone with them then likely nothing will be found in that particular kind of search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member