AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodge County. Lomira, WI is about 4 hours away from Barron, WI and on opposite side of the state. Lots of sex trafficking going on w/rumors that Hwy 41 (where she went missing) is a key corridor.

Demand fuels sex trafficking along I-41

(Thanks for the heads up, I created a thread for Kristen here:
WI - WI - Kristen Lyons Cloud, 15, Lomira, 28/29 Nov, 2018.)

It was more geared towards bullets..
There’s a no of shotgun shell types in addition to home made shells.

If shotgun shells could be no of guns..

I just think if u release the shell type or bullet type u might get a store clerk that says there’s the one guy that bought bunch if that type ... or somebody could remember one guy at range that only uses that but he left town 2 months ago.

I know le is probably looking for all purchases like crazy if those shells or bullets but outside that why not release it.. unless that’s all they got.. if so kinda screwed.

Don’t think you’d have 500 tips think u might have 20/30 ... who knows might get somebody to call in right guy.. beats the 0 tips we got now.

I think that if they know the type of bullet, which they surely do know, it would be due diligence on the part of LE to canvass any stores that sell that type of bullet and find out if anybody knows anything. I don't think releasing the info to the general public will help if they have already been tracking down that lead without releasing the info, because they will have already talked to local stores about this.

That's an interesting thought and would lend itself to more than 1 perp.
I personally am of the opinion that there was only one perp who came for Jayme.

It has never been released if LE could tell whether or not there were multiple perps. I am keeping an open mind on that one.
As for Jayme, it is just as likely that she was taken after the fact, for any of a number or reasons. There are a variety of possibilities, not all of which include Jayme being the original target. It is a possibility, but it is far from a foregone conclusion.
For example, it is possible the perp held some grudge against James which only got worse when drunk or under some substance. So he decides to act. He takes out James, and also Denise. Jayme is screaming. He looks at her and decides to take her as a sort of reward.
Or, as I said before, it may be that Jayme managed to attack him and get his DNA under her nails, or something else happened that resulted in a transfer of DNA. Then the perp would feel it necessary to take Jayme, as he couldn't leave her there with damaging evidence.
Of course, I am hoping that she is simply being held captive and that something will break and she will be found. But I know the chances of that are pretty slim.
And it is possible that somebody saw Jayme and simply targeted her. Maybe I don't want to think that way because it means just letting a child go to school or to the store results in dangerous exposure to the people in the community...
I admit it is a possibility that she was targeted. But it is not the only possible reason that she was taken. And we just don't know enough to draw firm conclusions.

Would you still feel this way if those 500 tips were completely unrelated and lead nowhere? Then police could have spent the time on other more viable leads...
I am in the camp of 500 leads is better than nothing. What is a viable lead? At least in this scenario people are reporting other people that own the type of gun/rifle ( rifle would narrow it down even more, imo) that was actually used in the crime. Just name searching the people to narrow down the list with felons or previous arrests would help. It's a way better lead than a black suv

I am in the camp of 500 leads is better than nothing. What is a viable lead? At least in this scenario people are reporting other people that own the type of gun/rifle ( rifle would narrow it down even more, imo) that was actually used in the crime. Just name searching the people to narrow down the list with felons or previous arrests would help. It's a way better lead than a black suv

I was mainly going for ammo...if it is unique...at all...

I realize you might get a number of calls that aren’t good leads but wouldn’t they be quick filters ... located in Maine Florida etc..

I was hopeful if it’s a hunting partner or some part time thief that always has x type of ammo it might generate a lead... essentially anybody in 200 mile radius that has a unique ammo match might help

If it is simply the most common type of ammo .... u could be right. Not a good avenue to pursue.

Welcome Bernard Shakey

I have been trying to look back at language used by LE in previous cases. In the case of Gypsy Blancharde, it seems that LE also designated her ‘missing and endangered’ rather than abducted when they still believed her to be 12 years old, though most of the links on websleuths from that time are now dead, so perhaps I am over analysing the way LE are referring to Jayme.

I find much of the language used in this case to be very interesting; her family are still using terms like ‘come home’. If anyone could point me towards media reports of cases of actual violent abduction, between the abduction and the discovery of the child, I would be interested to read how LE describes the case.

Welcome to WS I think you may find the following helpful in your quest for missing and endangered.

From

Guide for Implementing or Enhancing an Endangered Missing Advisory

• The person believed to be in danger because of age, health, mental or physical disability, and environment or weather conditions; is he or she in the company of a potentially dangerous person; or is there any other factor that may put the person in peril? ✦ Is there information that could assist the public in the safe recovery of the missing person?

I found it very interesting there may be an more up to date version somewhere.

MOO

Fitzgerald said there are at least 25 to 30 people working on the case throughout the day, reviewing video, social media and more. Authorities were looking for two potential vehicles of interest earlier in the investigation, but Fitzgerald said they're not as "keen" on those anymore.

Jayme Closs: Barron raises symbol of hope as investigators' frustration mounts

Not even those cars anymore it seems :(
I'm wondering if someone walked off with her or something.But the dogs only followed her scent to the front ?

Does anyone know why law enforcement is so certain perp had a car ?? I know when weirdo broke into home they quickly said he doesn’t have a car ... so it’s not the perp.. among other things ...

Do they have tire tracks , video of car, did perp say get in damn car on 911 call ??

The police seem certain they used car to escape... that makes sense with 2 people...
But you would think they have something said or found to simply not entertain leaving on foot / atv... or am I reaching.?

Does anyone know why law enforcement is so certain perp had a car ?? I know when weirdo broke into home they quickly said he doesn’t have a car ... so it’s not the perp.. among other things ...

Do they have tire tracks , video of car, did perp say get in damn car on 911 call ??

The police seem certain they used car to escape... that makes sense with 2 people...
But you would think they have something said or found to simply not entertain leaving on foot / atv... or am I reaching.?
I don' t think you are reaching at all. It could be anything. They could have parked on back roads and went part on foot part in car
I think that the dogs not having their scent is why LE isn't pursuing that though but who knows what happened.

I don' t think you are reaching at all. It could be anything. They could have parked on back roads and went part on foot part in car
I think that the dogs not having their scent is why LE isn't pursuing that though but who knows what happened.
I hadn't even noticed the part of the reason police ruled out creepy panty thief was because he didn't own / have access to a car!

If the phone is off, in airplane mode, or the perp did not bring a phone with them then likely nothing will be found in that particular kind of search.

Perp may have had phone w/ him while casing the place ahead of the attack -- maybe even a couple days prior -- then left it elsewhere on the night of the attack. If the perp cased the place/made a dry run, of course.

I think this is a very good point -- is LE simply assuming they left in a car?

Perp may have had phone w/ him while casing the place ahead of the attack -- maybe even a couple days prior -- then left it elsewhere on the night of the attack. If the perp cased the place/made a dry run, of course.
Cellphone tracking is an excellent way of tracking the movements of a suspect, once you have a suspect. I have never once heard of LE finding a suspect via his cellphone pings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cburski2018