AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the phone is off, in airplane mode, or the perp did not bring a phone with them then likely nothing will be found in that particular kind of search.
How about searching for all phones pinging about half an hour's drive from the house at around 12-12.30am - assuming it might then be turned off - then the same phone pinging about half an hour's drive from the house at around 1.30-2am? Probably at a different location from the earlier time period.

I would guess if the perp is a younger male (or even female?), he would likely be carrying a phone everywhere he went. He would think of switching it off though, perhaps leaving it inside his car while he pounced.

I could see 10 reasons to keep phones in kitchen. Sanity from YouTube / Netflix / instagram. Plus half the damn charge cables last about 2 weeks before they don’t work..

It wouldn’t stun me if she’s outta juice and borrows mom phone.. between work ethic / modesty / discipline kids .. lot to like about family. Why it seems odd or intriguing... if they were meth dealers doubt anyone would care..

I wonder if Jayme had a secret phone so didn’t mind leaving her main phone in the kitchen. In terms of a child being groomed and believing in some way that she wanted this to occur, the phone being left behind has irked me. As others have mentioned, she could be a victim of grooming insofar as she believed herself to be in a relationship with an older man, but not to the point of wanting this outcome and thus being taken forcably by the perpetrator, hurt that his heroic deed was not welcomed. In this scenario, her phone would have been left.

But if she had been groomed by someone she knew in person, for example someone she knew through church, it is possible he gave her a secret phone just for them to use and she has that. If she was groomed to the point of participating in this crime (as a groomed victim, a child, I am not stating I believe her to be a guilty perpetrator) then there may be scope to consider that the 911 call was part of creating a scene. If the neighbour’s timeline is right, the gap between the gunshots and the 911 call could certainly have been used to pack a bag, or calm an upset child, groom them further, get them on board. When everyging is ready, a staged call with Jayme shouting in the background, ensuring she is thought of as abducted before fleeing the scene wouldn’t be impossible.

I have been trying to look back at language used by LE in previous cases. In the case of Gypsy Blancharde, it seems that LE also designated her ‘missing and endangered’ rather than abducted when they still believed her to be 12 years old, though most of the links on websleuths from that time are now dead, so perhaps I am over analysing the way LE are referring to Jayme.

I find much of the language used in this case to be very interesting; her family are still using terms like ‘come home’. If anyone could point me towards media reports of cases of actual violent abduction, between the abduction and the discovery of the child, I would be interested to read how LE describes the case.

All MOO.

After joining the discussion on the Hania Aguilar case on here, I'm hoping the same hasn't happened here. The main cases I've been following this week besides Jayme's are Aguilar and the Abigail Williams/Liberty German cases. I'd love to hear Jayme is found alive.

If the phone is off, in airplane mode, or the perp did not bring a phone with them then likely nothing will be found in that particular kind of search.
Im curious now, how often do criminals truly think to put their phone in airplane mode first? (Maybe they do, Idk, thats why Im asking. Is this common?) So after all of your explanations, why isnt this source used more often and more quickly in cases like this? If this was my daughter, Id raise the funds, beg the judge, whatever I had to do to make it happen. This, to me, would not only provide possible suspects, but potential witnesses. The majority of people carry cell phones these days, I cant think this would be overlooked in unsolved cases, especially when a child is still missing.

Its a good question and I really dont know. I read the rules and am still confused. I had always assumed that FBI can get involved when a crime crosses state lines.

Im not sure after reading that if that is true anymore. Of course if LE does not even know if she was taken out of state yet then that would not necessarily apply anyway right now until proven the perp(s) left the state with her.

Its a good question and I will let others try to help answer. I do think you are right about the part that states can ask for their assistance with certain things regardless if they are officially assigned to the case and they can assist local LE if they accept to do that for them.
I believe the Sherrif stated that the team working on the case had been reduced to thirty people including the FBI, it may be that an agent has been assigned from the local field office to work with them, but perhaps not exclusively.

Jayme Closs: Barron raises symbol of hope as investigators' frustration mounts

And though she hasn't officially been ruled out as a suspect, he said Jayme's social ability and digital footprint don't point to anything other than a "13-year-old very innocent girl."

"We just don’t see her being the mastermind behind this case or even being part of it," he said.
-.-
Jayme's case is difficult for law enforcement, particularly because the circumstances are so unusual, Fitzgerald said. And the "million-dollar question," he said, is whether the incident was random or targeted. Authorities still aren't sure.

It's shocking to me how very little LE knows in this case. This isn't just a random kidnapping of a young girl. It's a double homicide home invasion and abduction. Rare.

If you believe Fitzgerald, they have absolutely nothing. How is this possible? The entire town seems to have closed ranks and nobody is talking other than a few random news interviews. I'm beyond puzzled and my "hinky meter" (yes, I actually used that in a RL conversation and raised a few questions LOL) is flying high. IDK, just strange.

It's shocking to me how very little LE knows in this case. This isn't just a random kidnapping of a young girl. It's a double homicide home invasion and abduction. Rare.

If you believe Fitzgerald, they have absolutely nothing. How is this possible? The entire town seems to have closed ranks and nobody is talking other than a few random news interviews. I'm beyond puzzled and my "hinky meter" (yes, I actually used that in a RL conversation and raised a few questions LOL) is flying high. IDK, just strange.

Wisconsin people tend to be passive / polite and adhere to “authority”. I think people are too intimidated to speak out (publicly). EVERYTHING about this case is strange and it’s just going in circles now. Cooling off fast. Maybe someone wants it to go away? I just don’t know what to think.

Searching online for info on that drug bust that the FBI made (while they were in town). Can’t seem to find anything online? :/. Anyone have info ?

Searching online for info on that drug bust that the FBI made (while they were in town). Can’t seem to find anything online? :/. Anyone have info ?

No... if you search Barron wi drug bust it appears about every 90
Days Fitzgerald announces drug raid thanks to tip...I thought coulda been pissed off drug dealer or wrong house revenge scenario...
I think Fitzgerald good at his job... just understaffed... that and town needs another larger employee besides jenni o

@OhThatVictoria it still wont let me quote on here! But yes, it is. We lived just south of Lomira off 41. The whole area is sketchy now. They find young girls at the airport hotels all the time.

I’m familiar with the area! The media sure downplays it, eh? Did you follow the story about the strippers in Dodge County being pimped out and the strip clubs paying the pimp directly for their performances (while they were prostituting in a back room?). It’s unbelievable.

No... if you search Barron wi drug bust it appears about every 90
Days Fitzgerald announces drug raid thanks to tip...I thought coulda been pissed off drug dealer or wrong house revenge scenario...
I think Fitzgerald good at his job... just understaffed... that and town needs another larger employee besides jenni o

Maybe I’m misremembering (love that term :) ) but . . . I seem to recall an FBI-involved drug bust the week after (more or less) the Closs incident.

Seems bizarre doesn’t it... sherif has to have more than he’s saying?? Although I could see why you’d be tight lipped.. if person went nuts and killed 2 people most aren’t gonna accuse anyone that did that out in open....what I can’t figure out is why not say this cars out this cars in.... here’s the photo we have of the car cropped out...

If it’s just down to black suv... are u basing off taillight headlight or what... almost sounds like just black suv. Who would look for that... there all over... about every 10th car...

I wonder if Jayme had a secret phone so didn’t mind leaving her main phone in the kitchen. In terms of a child being groomed and believing in some way that she wanted this to occur, the phone being left behind has irked me. As others have mentioned, she could be a victim of grooming insofar as she believed herself to be in a relationship with an older man, but not to the point of wanting this outcome and thus being taken forcably by the perpetrator, hurt that his heroic deed was not welcomed. In this scenario, her phone would have been left.

But if she had been groomed by someone she knew in person, for example someone she knew through church, it is possible he gave her a secret phone just for them to use and she has that. If she was groomed to the point of participating in this crime (as a groomed victim, a child, I am not stating I believe her to be a guilty perpetrator) then there may be scope to consider that the 911 call was part of creating a scene. If the neighbour’s timeline is right, the gap between the gunshots and the 911 call could certainly have been used to pack a bag, or calm an upset child, groom them further, get them on board. When everyging is ready, a staged call with Jayme shouting in the background, ensuring she is thought of as abducted before fleeing the scene wouldn’t be impossible.

I have been trying to look back at language used by LE in previous cases. In the case of Gypsy Blancharde, it seems that LE also designated her ‘missing and endangered’ rather than abducted when they still believed her to be 12 years old, though most of the links on websleuths from that time are now dead, so perhaps I am over analysing the way LE are referring to Jayme.

I find much of the language used in this case to be very interesting; her family are still using terms like ‘come home’. If anyone could point me towards media reports of cases of actual violent abduction, between the abduction and the discovery of the child, I would be interested to read how LE describes the case.

All MOO.

Welcome Bernard_Shakey :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members