AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If that quote earlier tonight is accurate (from an interview with sheriff) saying cash, jewelry and credit cards were not taken, though plainly available...no way this was a home invasion. It was a murder/kidnapping from the start jmo. Even so, it is shocking that someone mudering two people so horribly would not grab cash, especially if it was visible.

I think perp
60 days of data may be all they can get easily...maybe anything older takes forever to recreate.

I dunno. This article seems to allude to if they have old phones... they can get a lot and quickly ..

How police can get your deleted texts, like they got Kyle Navin's

Perp only walks five feet into house, did Jayme come to him on snap of finger or were all 3 right there as perp busts down the door?

The guy who was arrested for entering the property made it sound like Jayme's room was immediately to the right when he went in through the sliders. If that's the case, then it would put the room near the front door as well, possibly within that 5-foot zone. 4 minutes is a long time if you sit and count it out. If the perp came in guns blazing, it is plenty of time for Jayme to walk out of the room and right into the chaos.

However, 4 minutes is also a small enough amount of time for me to believe that Denise & James were awake and near enough the front door that they may have been expecting something.

It's also interesting that, according to the article, Denise died immediately. So it had to have been Jayme who made the call.

Again, just catching up so I don't know if that was already discussed.

ETA: maybe not, Denise could have called as soon as James was shot and the call lost before she was shot...

I would love to know how they know it was only 4 min

I was curious too.. I think there assuming couple things.... the neighbors are wrong on time.. and the 911 call was almost immediately after the shooting. They got to home in what 4/5 minutes... think that’s how they backed into it..

I was curious too.. I think there assuming couple things.... the neighbors are wrong on time.. and the 911 call was almost immediately after the shooting. They got to home in what 4/5 minutes... think that’s how they backed into it..

They got to the home ~7 minutes after the call, 4 minutes after being dispatched.
  • 10/15/18 00:53:26 - 911 call received per dispatch log [22]
  • 10/15/18 00:56:01 - dispatched units to residence [22]
  • 10/15/18 01:00:30 - dispatched units arrive on scene. [22]

They got to the home ~7 minutes after the call, 4 minutes after being dispatched.
  • 10/15/18 00:53:26 - 911 call received per dispatch log [22]
  • 10/15/18 00:56:01 - dispatched units to residence [22]
  • 10/15/18 01:00:30 - dispatched units arrive on scene. [22]
Thank you ... I guess there assuming 4 minutes..?? Dunno why there firm on 4 minutes unless there videotape car is giving them timeline... I could see time window... but there saying 4 ...?

EXCLUSIVE: Sheriff chillingly reveals Wisconsin couple's killer took only FOUR minutes to enter house, shoot them dead and abduct their daughter Jayme Closs as police search for gun as key piece of evidence

Police say kidnapped Wisconsin teen and her parents' killer was in house for FOUR minutes | Daily Mail Online

Daily Mail Exclusive.
Wow, this just gets more bizzare… According to Fitzgerald the killer was in the Closs home for only four minutes during which they stepped just five feet into the open plan house, shot James and Denise and took Jayme.

He revealed that there was no sign that Jayme resisted her abductor. There was nothing taken and nothing disturbed.

In fact there was no forensic evidence of any intruder at all.

Wow.

Maybe there is more on the 911 call then they let on? Maybe they hear the door being kicked in and or the gun shots? This would give them a more narrow timeline of this all going down in less than 7 minutes.

I'm starting to lean that way -- that they hear a shot or multiple shots on the 911 call. Possibly voices, but only of Closs family members. If that is the case I can see why they wouldn't release it. I know some on here have called for them to release the 911 tape, but there's really nothing to gain from that if no unknown voices are heard. Plus, it would be terrifying.

Last edited:
Maybe there is more on the 911 call then they let on? Maybe they hear the door being kicked in and or the gun shots? This would give them a more narrow timeline of this all going down in less than 7 minutes.

I don’t think gunshots... they would have said that on 911 dispatcher to responding officers...but think your right they likely have something... could be Closs family argue with perp 1 minute before shootings.... could be perps yelling at each other..or jayme...truly surreal.

I'm starting to lean that way -- that they hear a shot or multiple shots on the 911 call. Possibly voices, but only of Closs family members. If that is the case I can see why they wouldn't release it. I know some on here have called for them to release the 911 tape, but there's really nothing to gain from that if no unknown voices are heard. Plus, it would be terrifying.

Then no need to listen. There is 100% something to gain from releasing a significant piece of audio in a case that is effectively dead.

This whole thing is just BIZARRE!! If the 911 log is correct and it is the REAL one in it's entirety , Wouldn't the 911 dispatcher be responsible for saying 'Shots fired" if she heard anything close to a gunshot on the tape. Maybe it was so muffled, she couldn't tell. If they think that it was all done from the time the call was made until LE arrived then it is a 6 minute window. The 7 minutes from when the call was made until LE arrived, minus the .47 seconds on the call.

This whole thing is just BIZARRE!! If the 911 log is correct and it is the REAL one in it's entirety , Wouldn't the 911 dispatcher be responsible for saying 'Shots fired" if she heard anything close to a gunshot on the tape. Maybe it was so muffled, she couldn't tell. If they think that it was all done from the time the call was made until LE arrived then it is a 6 minute window. The 7 minutes from when the call was made until LE arrived, minus the .47 seconds on the call.

They were working on cleaning up the audio from the 911 call within a few hours of the attack, so I wonder if it wasn't clear exactly that it was shots until the call was cleaned up or listened to by other law enforcement officials.

The sheriff did say that the 911 call sounded almost like it was coming from another room, so I wonder if Denise either made the call from another room and then ran out to help James or if she dropped it and it was underneath a piece of furniture or something. Or I guess it's possible that Jayme made the call from Denise's phone as well, though that seems less likely in my mind.

I'd really like to know where each body and the phone that made the 911 call were located in the house.
ETA: Well, I guess we do know that James' body was in the doorway, so I'd like to know where Denise and the phone were found.

The problem with this scenario is where is Jayme post killings? I just don't feel an 18-20 yr old would have the financial means for food and shelter to keep Jayme.
Assuming the killer planned to keep her for longer than a few days. I try not to think about that scenario where he only keeps her for 48-72 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo