AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With Fitzgerald saying he was only going back 60 days in text communications last week I’m a little concerned that’s not the case. Something like what I’m thinking could be festering anger for many years.

I am fairly sure it is a man. And yes, there can be anger that festers for years, and an event, unrelated to the Closses could have triggered the obsessive rage for revenge. Blaming Closs for everything that happened.

This is not rational, it is not insane either. It is focused, and meticulous.

Even when someone “anonymously” reports something, people can often figure out who it was via details in the report only some people would know.

Not to mention if someone in the family ended up caring for the child. I’ve known aunts and grandparents that have reported drug use or child abuse and then went for / were awarded custody.

The Closs family has been reported as very giving, helpful, church going. I think something they thought they were doing good for backfired.

If one of the Closs family members had recently (or ever) reported something that caused someone to lose a child that would be one of the first places LE looked. There is no way the FBI wouldn't have already found out about that and run it down.

If one of the Closs family members had recently (or ever) reported something that caused someone to lose a child that would be one of the first places LE looked. There is no way the FBI wouldn't have already found out about that and run it down.
In Texas you can call CPS and don't haveto give any identifying information.

With Fitzgerald saying he was only going back 60 days in text communications last week I’m a little concerned that’s not the case. Something like what I’m thinking could be festering anger for many years.
I agree, the electronic communication needs to be reviewed as far back as technology / saved records allowed. Likewise, not all festering respect / disrespect issues are communicated electronically. An attacker from an older generation targeting the parents may not have a social media trail.

It might also be good to work in reverse regarding the parents as targets possibility. The victims were from a rural area and all rural counties in America have a small- well, ideally at least, number of “bad news” type long term residents. Maybe start with three or so of the local bad news characters (don’t have to be RSOs- they appear to have been exhausted) and see if they have had any kind of respect / disrespect or financial interactions with the victims even if they occurred in the past.

As these types of interactions are not going to be on billboards, it could involve listening to the “grapevine”. Nobody has more information about the local criminal grape vine than the resident experts “enjoying” temporarily being housed at the county jail. Might as well start interviewing them. Some may even know of “bad news” types that are not well known to local police. Make it clear to the experts, however, that making frivolous accusations / wasting investigator’s time is not in their best interests.

I agree, the electronic communication needs to be reviewed as far back as technology / saved records allowed. Likewise, not all festering respect / disrespect issues are communicated electronically. An attacker from an older generation targeting the parents may not have a social media trail.

It might also be good to work in reverse regarding the parents as targets possibility. The victims were from a rural area and all rural counties in America have a small- well, ideally at least, number of “bad news” type long term residents. Maybe start with three or so of the local bad news characters (don’t have to be RSOs- they appear to have been exhausted) and see if they have had any kind of respect / disrespect or financial interactions with the victims even if they occurred in the past.

As these types of interactions are not going to be on billboards, it could involve listening to the “grapevine”. Nobody has more information about the local criminal grape vine than the resident experts “enjoying” temporarily being housed at the county jail. Might as well start interviewing them. Some may even know of “bad news” types that are not well known to local police. Make it clear to the experts, however, that making frivolous accusations / wasting investigator’s time is not in their best interests.

We are talking FBI, at least, initially. Certainly they have reviewed these ideas.

They interviewed the family extensively. Wouldn't they be the ones who would know?

We are talking FBI, at least, initially. Certainly they have reviewed these ideas.
I hope so. At the same time, I worked around law enforcement in the distant past (granted, they did not include the FBI).

Not all law enforcement officials are big fans of interviewing inmates. Some have had their patience exhausted by inmates- and there are a lot of attention seekers, liars, backbiters etc. in county jails. Sorting the "wheat from the chaff" takes time. Jail staff are also low on the law enforcement totem pole. Likewise, investigators from more prestigious agencies can view jail staff as "low on the totem pole" and be dismissive about their knowledge regarding inmates.

In short... one would think the approach has been tried. Then again, maybe not.

The problem with this scenario is where is Jayme post killings? I just don't feel an 18-20 yr old would have the financial means for food and shelter to keep Jayme
The problem with this scenario is where is Jayme post killings? I just don't feel an 18-20 yr old would have the financial means for food and shelter to keep Jayme.
that would be a typical of a young male committing a crime. Not worried about the next day. Money?
This is not the perfect crime but luck is on thenperp side right now.
Use Google, see how many cases like this have been committed by a young male. I read about two just last week.

They interviewed the family extensively. Wouldn't they be the ones who would know?

Yes, family members would know of any respect / disrespect confrontations- providing that the victims informed them of the dispute.

Some people might not inform family members of such confrontations due to personal embarrassment about the nature of the interaction (romantic, drug usage, financial, implication that teenager is not obedient, implications that they "cant handle" a seemingly minor dispute etc) or simply not wanting to bother their relatives with the matter.

Likewise, even if the family members know of a dispute, they might not know specifically with whom the conflict had occurred. For example, one of my family members had a minor conflict in the past with a local well, scam artist posing as a contractor.

Relatives knew of the conflict and know that she had eventually paid him a relatively small sum of money just to “go away”. Yet, many, if not all of the relatives, have no idea who “he” specifically was. Rather, they know him only as the "contractor guy".

If, God forbid, something bad happened to my relative, knowing of the dispute- then examining local bad news types known to be on again / off again home improvement contractors for a connection could be beneficial. Likewise, if my relative had not told relatives, maybe a local bad news type was known to trawl around the neighborhood approaching women with contract offers..... .

Last edited:
I served jury duty earlier this week that ended in a conviction. We, as the jury, were obviously not privy to this information prior to the trial nor the deliberations, but learned afterwards that it carries a very stiff penalty (as much as 60 years at the max) due to numerous priors. There were a number of family and friends of the defendant in the courtroom and there was a great deal of emotion shown. It made me wonder if either of the Closs parents had served jury duty on any cases that might have left someone wanting revenge. I admit to grasping at straws with this, but while we are trying to think of reasons they would be targeted other than a perp just wanting to take Jayme, I decided I would share my thought.

With the sheriff admitting they can’t figure out the motive, I think they would be looking at any possibilty, no matter how unlikely. And seemingly coming up empty.

Jmo I think it was all about Jayme more than ever, with no theft otherwise. I don’t think it is any more “unusual” than some pervert wanting a young girl, other than the method.

that would be a typical of a young male committing a crime. Not worried about the next day. Money?
This is not the perfect crime but luck is on thenperp side right now.
Use Google, see how many cases like this have been committed by a young male. I read about two just last week.

Maybe not worried about the next day, but this is six/seven weeks out. He would need a place to shelter Jayme, plus money right now for food.

I served jury duty earlier this week that ended in a conviction. We, as the jury, were obviously not privy to this information prior to the trial nor the deliberations, but learned afterwards that it carries a very stiff penalty (as much as 60 years at the max) due to numerous priors. There were a number of family and friends of the defendant in the courtroom and there was a great deal of emotion shown. It made me wonder if either of the Closs parents had served jury duty on any cases that might have left someone wanting revenge. I admit to grasping at straws with this, but while we are trying to think of reasons they would be targeted other than a perp just wanting to take Jayme, I decided I would share my thought.

FBI/LE would know this.

I agree @cluciano63 . It seems that increasingly the scenario we are left with after coming up empty is that someone came in there to take that girl. I am just all out of other ideas.

Agree, and the strange thing is, if Jayme alone was the objective, why wasn't she abducted elsewhere when perhaps she alone would have been an easier target? I feel somehow the parents were also objects that needed to be eliminated.

FBI/LE would know this.

Yes, I am sure you are right. Especially if it were recent. However, it did give me pause that when I was summoned for mine this week I was remembering to my husband when I was last called, which was 28 years ago. He had forgotten all about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member