AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - quoted post removed>
Gee, I’m sure if you have a crush on someone that you would kill her parents to take her, then go and commit murder, to me, I don’t think I’d be screwing around digging through the wallets looking for money. Higher priority would be what perp was there for.
Just basics, what would cause rage/revenge to take out parents and want to take Jayme.
Many times we all think to much and over analyze. I’m sure perp had a heart rate at over 150 while carrying this crime out. Not like we see in fictional movies and shows where they are calm and collected.
Jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
Gee, I’m sure if you have a crush on someone that you would kill her parents to take her, then go and commit murder, to me, I don’t think I’d be screwing around digging through the wallets looking for money. Higher priority would be what perp was there for.
Just basics, what would cause rage/revenge to take out parents and want to take Jayme.
Many times we all think to much and over analyze. I’m sure perp had a heart rate at over 150 while carrying this crime out. Not like we see in fictional movies and shows where they are calm and collected.
Jmo
BBM
I'm not sure about that. I have met cold calloused people who wouldn't flinch at murdering others.

I honestly wasn't thinking about the effects of me screaming would be. I was just frozen. My fight or flight didn't work. There was no logic or thinking "I can fight him" or "I should hide." I was just stunned. And that could be a possibility for Jayme. And honestly, I was 12 or 13 and Jayme's size. I had no chance against a big man with a gun. (I'm not saying Jayme had no chance. I just knew afterward I didn't & luckily I was okay.

Most people don’t realize that there are two other distinct trauma / survival responses.

You have fight, flight and then the lesser known freeze and fawn. It sounds like you froze which can be as severe as temporary paralysis. You really don’t get to choose what mode your body throws itself into (so even if you think you’d fight, you may freeze or flee or even fawn).

I’m sorry you had to experience that and am glad you are ok.

But why take Jayme? Every scenario I can imagine always comes back to that same question. Logic tells me they came for Jayme and eliminated the conflict ....that being her parents.

Maybe someone lost their child over being reported and blamed them? Or lost their parent to jail or something.

You take mine, I’ll take yours. This has been my theory all along.

I think that this was too well planned, organized and executed. A kid, would have probably hesitated, grabbed money, taken a car. Killing two adults? Not the norm for a kid. But something that is rage induced, such as being terminated from a position, passed over for a promotion...that I can easily see, just planning out the revenge becomes part of the fantasy, the meticulous planning is part of the enjoyment, the feeling of control.

This seemed to be well planned, thought out, and was not impulsive or random.

More time, more of a chance to leave dna. Like I said, if you were there to take someone and kill parents, the proverbial prize to perp being Jayme, money isn’t the motive. That would fit into a robbery and hostage situation.

I think that this was too well planned, organized and executed. A kid, would have probably hesitated, grabbed money, taken a car. Killing two adults? Not the norm for a kid. But something that is rage induced, such as being terminated from a position, passed over for a promotion...that I can easily see, just planning out the revenge becomes part of the fantasy, the meticulous planning is part of the enjoyment, the feeling of control.

This seemed to be well planned, thought out, and was not impulsive or random.
Then we go full circle and ask “ why take Jayme”.
What fits motive to take out parents and also leave with Jayme? 2 motives maybe.
Any scenario, 2 motives. I like all the theories on here but there is always that one unknown.

I have had another thought too, and it is wild left field thinking and we know nothing as fact about the multiple rounds other than multiple rounds statement on call log, but if someone planned ahead and wanted to throw a huge curve ball at investigators, a person could collect spent rounds from a fireing range, the woods, any number of places and toss a few on the ground/floor all from different fire arms to throw off testing on the spent rounds. this case is on my mind and as I find spent rounds, shells, etc in coat pockets and cup holders and they aren't all mine, well they are mine now but wasn't fired with my firearm the thought came to mind.

I highly doubt that but do like where your heads at... this perp
Planned this.... if he did that would be headache for police but think bullets through door and murder bullets would tell most info... I think if this is shotgun, tons of those out there...

The police kept looking for electronic devices... im guessing burner phone jayme might have had..?? Or perp surveillance cam ??

Anyways I think perp knew that house well and it’s occupants.. wouldn’t surprise me if perp was in house while family was at party or atleast week before..

Hell he could have borrowed James shoes if he was crazy...like a fox...

Starting to think ex military nut or cop that is divorced.. perp had to many details lined up...and left not a clue .. ex military or officer could pull that off.. u would think.

He killed 2 people and kidnapped girl quicker than a bank robbery..and vanished??? Only thing I can think of is Lots planning and he drove down hwy 8 with jayme in trunk straight to cabin or garage..

Most people don’t realize that there are two other distinct trauma / survival responses.

You have fight, flight and then the lesser known freeze and fawn. It sounds like you froze which can be as severe as temporary paralysis. You really don’t get to choose what mode your body throws itself into (so even if you think you’d fight, you may freeze or flee or even fawn).

I’m sorry you had to experience that and am glad you are ok.
I really appreciate this post, bellyup. I knew about fight flight and freeze but Ive never learned about the fourth "f" until now. Thank you.

I keep seeing posts that the crime may have started in conjunction with the dad getting home, but hasn't it been stated by the family that they spoke to Denise around 10 and everyone was home safe and sound?

Also, I think it's entirely possible that during the commotion of shooting and killing 2 people and kidnapping a young teenager, the perp(s) may have overlooked the wallet. Had to be a lot of adrenaline going on at that time and the discovered 911 call hastened a speedy departure. I'm not willing to give up the druggie angle based on that anyway. In fact, I don't think we can give up any possibilities because we just do not have enough information currently.

All MOO

Maybe someone lost their child over being reported and blamed them? Or lost their parent to jail or something.

You take mine, I’ll take yours. This has been my theory all along.
But how would they know to blame the Closs'? Unless they had to testify against the person I would think it would have been anonymous reporting.

Thank you for your service and I mean that from the heart of a Mom of 2 combat vets. Lost one #22 and over a decade struggling for the other.
Thank you ma'm, you are appreciated more than you know. I truely wish the best to you, my (RIP)brother and your son. You are owed a great debt for your sacrifices...

G.K. Chesterton, English author
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."

More time, more of a chance to leave dna. Like I said, if you were there to take someone and kill parents, the proverbial prize to perp being Jayme, money isn’t the motive. That would fit into a robbery and hostage situation.

I agree and this is why I asked that question. Its my feeling that a random rogue foster kid is not going to pass up the cash regardless of any risk of leaving behind DNA, especially if they don't already have a record on file.

Something like this would be so specific ...surely someone would know and/or LE would have uncovered by now.

With Fitzgerald saying he was only going back 60 days in text communications last week I’m a little concerned that’s not the case. Something like what I’m thinking could be festering anger for many years.

But how would they know to blame the Closs'? Unless they had to testify against the person I would think it would have been anonymous reporting.

Even when someone “anonymously” reports something, people can often figure out who it was via details in the report only some people would know.

Not to mention if someone in the family ended up caring for the child. I’ve known aunts and grandparents that have reported drug use or child abuse and then went for / were awarded custody.

The Closs family has been reported as very giving, helpful, church going. I think something they thought they were doing good for backfired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarrilinaCali