AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we've been told (truthfully or not?) that the phone didn't seem to be in the same room as where the commotion was happening that they caught on tape. We're told the phone was closer to Denise, on the floor, and may have been kicked. I would now like to know, the yelling they heard on the call, did it get louder or quieter at any point (someone coming towards or going away from the device?).
You bring up a good point. James was lying in the front doorway. Denise was in another area of the house. The killer didn't come in more than five feet. So who could have possibly kicked Denise's phone?

He shot James through the door. More than likely he had blood on his shoes as he walked past him.

I was thinking about this - if James was shot at close range with a large gun, or any gun really, would we expect the perp to end up wearing some of Jame's blood? Spatter on his clothes or shoes? Maybe on his face, hands or in his hair?

You bring up a good point. James was lying in the front doorway. Denise was in another area of the house. The killer didn't come in more than five feet. So who could have possibly kicked Denise's phone?

It was found on the floor and may have been kicked. Leaves us with:
-> victim drops it as she falls after being shot and it falls further away maybe sliding across the floor appearing as though it was kicked
-> perp actually kicks it away from victim
-> Jayme drops or kicks it away (but why?!)
-> Maybe the dog was running around the scene in a panic and knocked the phone away from where it might have originally been giving it a kicked appearance?

Well, we've been told (truthfully or not?) that the phone didn't seem to be in the same room as where the commotion was happening that they caught on tape. We're told the phone was closer to Denise, on the floor, and may have been kicked. I would now like to know, the yelling they heard on the call, did it get louder or quieter at any point (someone coming towards or going away from the device?).

I want to know those things too. We have such limited information. The phone could have been knocked from Jayme's hands and kicked across the floor.

Do we know from a verified media source that Denise was found in the bathroom? Seems like I remember that. She could have had her phone in the bathroom with her and called 911 but been unable to speak. If that were the case, then she could not have died instantly and it would have been Jayme heard in the background in another area.

I'm getting to where I just do not know what to believe anymore. I don't think LE is going to tell us anything further. My late husband was retired LE after 23 years of service and I had 10 years in the the S.O. before I burned out, so I'm not being critical of LE when I say there is more they could tell us that would not hurt the case. 20 years ago we would have had more information save for some very critical points known only to the murderer(s).

I just don't know anymore. We have put forth so many different scenarios and someone is right. Will we ever know?

MOO

It was found on the floor and may have been kicked. Leaves us with:
-> victim drops it as she falls after being shot and it falls further away maybe sliding across the floor appearing as though it was kicked
-> perp actually kicks it away from victim
-> Jayme drops or kicks it away (but why?!)
-> Maybe the dog was running around the scene in a panic and knocked the phone away from where it might have originally been giving it a kicked appearance?
Or possibly James was dialling 911 as he was at the door?

Someone posted a shot of what appeared to be a carpet in the back of a truck at the house earlier this week or late last week.... I wonder why it took so long to have the carpet pulled out? I also wonder if that carpet is going for further testing? More than ever now, I want to know what the crime scene looked like - how is it that the killer only went about 5 feet into the house??
https://preview.redd.it/yrw0cxastk1...bp&s=d2bcd918528a639af22dd68080b5cad718819ac2

I bet people are locking their doors now. We live in a rural area and our doors are dead bolted.

It was Sunday night, early Monday morning that Jayme was taken. Something is off about this, because in our home, everyone is in bed, asleep at this hour. Even if James heard something, and got up, he would have been killed in the bedroom with his wife. And Denise was also up, otherwise she would have been killed in the bedroom. She would have grabbed her phone by the bed, called, then checked her child's room.

Jayme would have been in her room, asleep, if she got up, she went to her door, and went with someone who threatened to kill her as well?

Not really enough information about the crime scene, LEO knows more than they have released.

Huh? If the person didn't leave a trail, how can you tell whether he came 5, 10 or 20 feet in to the house?

If there was no other evidence... no footprints, no casings, no blood, no indication that a perp had gone further into the home, that may be why they say he only went 5 feet into the home. They have no evidence to support that he may have ventured further.

If the perp was restricted to a very short distance into the home after shooting JC, due to blood and gore, how did he manage to get Jayme to accompany him and walk past her dead parents and leave without leaving bloody footprints?

Maybe they pointed a gun at her and told her to move her butt? LE said evidence at the scene and in the 911 told them she was home when her parents were murdered. Maybe she had to walk through the blood and gore, and maybe she left bloody footprints to where perp was waiting for her? That would be strong evidence to me that she was home at the time of the murders.

Do we know if the casings were found inside or outside the home? Or both?

Depending on where the casings were found, a couple of the many possible scenarios I've considered are:

• The crime began as a verbal confrontation at the house with someone known to at least one of the Closses. The argument escalated, perp drew a weapon, Denise tried to surreptitiously dial 9-1-1 on her phone, perp noticed and yelled at her to drop the phone while at the same time James was yelling something like "Put the gun away!" and/or Jayme was yelling, "What are you doing?" or something to that effect. Denise dropped the phone quickly, perp headed toward the door w/ Jayme, weapon in hand, James tried to block the door and perp shot him, then shot Denise in a panic and fled w/ Jayme. This scenario only makes sense if the bullets entered the door from the interior of the house vs. the exterior.
  • Another scenario that I've considered is that perp showed up at the house demanding to see/speak to one of the Closses, James denied the perp entry, perp went back to his vehicle, retrieved a firearm and returned shooting his way into the home. James saw the perp coming back to the house with a weapon, yelled at Denise to call 9-1-1, Jayme was also yelling in the background, James tried to bar the door/shield his family, the perp shot James through the door, he yelled at Denise to drop the phone, which she did, he shot her, then he left the house w/ Jayme.

If this was a planned abduction for trafficking, and I assume it would be done for monetary reasons, wouldn't there be more missing young girls in the area over the past couple of years? Doing this once every couple of years wouldn't be very lucrative to the perps.

I believe it was thread number 14 where I posted they no longer have a vehicle of interest per the police bulletin.

I was asked numerous times to post this bulletin and my post was deleted.

Some things can't be presented due to reason, but belief in the poster is necessary.

Glad they cleared the air on that yesterday in that article.

Last edited:
Could have ... with utter fear.
She might have followed orders.
She could have been grabbed immediately too.
She could have known and trusted the perp too.
Could be all of the above.

4 minutes is a much longer time than we may think.

If we sit still watching our watch until 4 minutes has elapsed it is more than ample time for all of this to happen.

I had said previously based on what Fitzgerald had said earlier both parents were shot dead in close proximity to one another. The new article seems to support that as well.

It wouldnt even take a half of a minute or less for him to kill Denise and James both.

That would leave him more time than necessary to force Jayme out of her home with time to spare.

She would be scared to death and would comply to his every demand.

Imo she knew if she did not he would kill her too just like he did her parents. Imo he would make sure she knew that if she tried to run. She knew she was under his total control and I think he forced her out of her home at gunpoint.

Jmo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members