AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, this was the figment of someone’s imagination. I linked to the OP a while back, but I don’t feel like tracking it down again. It was completely imaginary.

From the NY Daily News 22 October 2018:

According to Joan Smrekar (neighbour) FBI officers who interviewed her and Tom told them there was only one word that could be made out from the 911 call: 'They said they could hear the word "help!" but nothing else' she revealed, 'there was too much noise'.

I'm not exactly sure why the FBI would divulge this information to the neighbours but this is where the word 'help' on the 911 call originated from.

Just for thought... could Jayme have left the house with the perp...maybe a "crush" or boyfriend sneaking out to see him....so Jayme is allready sitting in his car unaware of the plan about to unfold then James and Denise hear her leave and wake up go to the door to stop her and then all hell breaks loose...Jayme is allready in the car possibly in shock so quick get away with her....again just a random scenero to throw out... trying to thinknof every angle

I
Don’t see how this is possible if LE claim they have evidence Jayme was home at the time of the murders from the 911 and the scene itself.

From the NY Daily News 22 October 2018:

According to Joan Smrekar (neighbour) FBI officers who interviewed her and Tom told them there was only one word that could be made out from the 911 call: 'They said they could hear the word "help!" but nothing else' she revealed, 'there was too much noise'.

I'm not exactly sure why the FBI would divulge this information to the neighbours but this is where the word 'help' on the 911 call originated from.
Ugh. The neighbors.

im disturbed by the 5 feet into the house statement... how was james shot..Denise shot in the bathroom...the cell phone kicked away from Denise and Jayme grabbed only within 5 feet of the door?(especially if she was in bed when it happened why would Jayme run towards the door for the perp to grab her? this brings a whole new series of scenereos to mind....
Don't think it has been confirmed Denise was shot and/or found in the bathroom. In fact, I think the Sheriff has now said Denise was found near James, near being relative, of course.

Wasn't the bathroom thing a rumor?

It was from a Radar Online Exclusive (19 October 2018):

"There is a report that someone allegedly knocked on the door and as the father went to answer it gunfire erupted through the door. That has not been confirmed yet as it’s an active investigation,” an FBI source exclusively told RadarOnline.com

As Radar readers know, investigators have been tirelessly searching for the 13-year-old who disappeared from her Barron, Wisconsin house on Monday, October 15. That same day, police found Closs’ parents, James Closs, 56, and Denise Closs, 46, dead of gunshot wounds inside the home.

“The mother appeared to have barricaded herself in the bathroom and called police,” added the insider, explaining that she was not able to reach the dispatcher before being killed.

Like the neighbours, Radar Online appear to have inside information from the FBI (if you believe them of course!). This story is where the 'Denise barricaded herself in the bathroom' came from.

IF it was actually 12:58 and not 12:38 - and I'm not say that is correct - that would mean the shots would have occurred at approximately 12:51. That would actually fit into the timeline better as that would be 2-3 minutes before the 911 call. The 911 call was made by a mortally wounded parent? Or Jayme? After the shots.

Of course, this is just pure speculation as I don't believe anyone - witnesses or LE - have specifically stated that they backed off the 12:31 time of the gunshots.

I do think Fitzgerald believes James came to the door first due to the noise he heard.

I think all three were in bed at the time getting rest for the next day.

James is the first to be shot and is killed instantly. I think Denise immediately grabbed her phone once the door disturbance was heard by both of them and she followed a few feet behind James to the door.

During this time is when Jim is instantly shot dead. Then the suspect sees Denise not far away from Jim with her cell in her hand. He instantly kills her too before the dispatcher could pick up and then he kicks the phone away landing closer to Denise's body instead of Jim. So both bodies had to be in the same general area relatively close to each other.

I imagine the lights were off inside when LE arrived but it didnt take them long to see Denise's body once they entered the home.

The commotion heard on the 911 call Fitzgerald said was coming from another room from where the phone was located where Denise and James were found. Imo

Imo that commotion being heard on the call was between the suspect and Jayme when he was forcing her to leave with him.

Jmo

I do think Fitzgerald believes James came to the door first due to the noise he heard.

I think all three were in bed at the time getting rest for the next day.

James is the first to be shot and is killed instantly. I think Denise immediately grabbed her phone once the door disturbance was heard by both of them and she followed a few feet behind James to the door.

During this time is when Jim is instantly shot dead. Then the suspect sees Denise not far away from Jim with her cell in her hand. He instantly kills her too before the dispatcher could pick up and then he kicks the phone away landing closer to Denise's body instead of Jim. So both bodies had to be in the same general area relatively close to each other.

I imagine the lights were off inside when LE arrived but it didnt take them long to see Denise's body once they entered the home.

The commotion heard on the 911 call Fitzgerald said was coming from another room from where the phone was located where Denise and James were found. Imo

Imo that commotion being heard on the call was between the suspect and Jayme when he was forcing her to leave with him.

Jmo

Yes, I can see that scenario happening.

Police Reveal Puzzling New Details in Wisconsin Teen Jayme Closs Kidnapping

December 7, 2018

"The sheriff investigating missing Wisconsin teen Jayme Closs’s abduction and her parents’ murder has revealed perplexing new details of the disturbing case.

Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald spoke exclusively to DailyMailTV about the investigation into the night James and Denise Closs were killed and their teenage daughter was kidnapped.

He told reporters that the items at the crime scene were strangely undisturbed and nothing seemed out of place despite an attack that was clearly violent....

Investigators are also troubled by the utter lack of forensic evidence left by the killer....

The sheriff said the only thing the shooter left behind was bullet casings...."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Police say kidnapped Wisconsin teen and her parents' killer was in house for FOUR minutes | Daily Mail Online
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe it took five mins to locate Denise bc the officers stopped to assess if James had a pulse? Maybe they also we’re checking for perps possibly still on scene in the home?

5 minutes sounds like a very long time in such a relatively small house. Or did it just take them 5 minutes to report it. I'm wondering that, if after clearing the house, the deputies evaluated the situation before reporting Denise was down as well. If the lights weren't on when they entered they were likely using flashlights and I don't see it taking 5 minutes to find the mother. These are trained LE personnel, but I doubt if they've ever encountered a situation like this before given the rarity of murders in the town. The scene had to hit them pretty hard and the deputies may have had a 'now what do we do' moment. But that is all speculation on my part.

December 7, 2018

"The sheriff investigating missing Wisconsin teen Jayme Closs’s abduction and her parents’ murder has revealed perplexing new details of the disturbing case.

Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald spoke exclusively to DailyMailTV about the investigation into the night James and Denise Closs were killed and their teenage daughter was kidnapped.

He told reporters that the items at the crime scene were strangely undisturbed and nothing seemed out of place despite an attack that was clearly violent....

Investigators are also troubled by the utter lack of forensic evidence left by the killer....

The sheriff said the only thing the shooter left behind was bullet casings...."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Police say kidnapped Wisconsin teen and her parents' killer was in house for FOUR minutes | Daily Mail Online
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting in that the sheriff states they may have already interviewed the killer during the course of the investigations. I wonder if subconsciously there is something in those words. That is, does LE have some 'maybe's' that just don't feel quite right when they spoke with them the first time?

If the 911 call has not helpd LE...it is not going to help by releasing it. And why should they? To listen to the last minute of two lives? With nothing else of value? If it held a clue, the family would have been asked to listen, no matter how difficult.
Jmo

It was from a Radar Online Exclusive (19 October 2018):

"There is a report that someone allegedly knocked on the door and as the father went to answer it gunfire erupted through the door. That has not been confirmed yet as it’s an active investigation,” an FBI source exclusively told RadarOnline.com

As Radar readers know, investigators have been tirelessly searching for the 13-year-old who disappeared from her Barron, Wisconsin house on Monday, October 15. That same day, police found Closs’ parents, James Closs, 56, and Denise Closs, 46, dead of gunshot wounds inside the home.

“The mother appeared to have barricaded herself in the bathroom and called police,” added the insider, explaining that she was not able to reach the dispatcher before being killed.

Like the neighbours, Radar Online appear to have inside information from the FBI (if you believe them of course!). This story is where the 'Denise barricaded herself in the bathroom' came from.

Radar must have gotten that from the same FB thread where I read it . . .

5 minutes sounds like a very long time in such a relatively small house. Or did it just take them 5 minutes to report it. I'm wondering that, if after clearing the house, the deputies evaluated the situation before reporting Denise was down as well. If the lights weren't on when they entered they were likely using flashlights and I don't see it taking 5 minutes to find the mother. These are trained LE personnel, but I doubt if they've ever encountered a situation like this before given the rarity of murders in the town. The scene had to hit them pretty hard and the deputies may have had a 'now what do we do' moment. But that is all speculation on my part.
My guess is that when the first responding LE saw James down in the doorway, and after somewhat quickly discovering it wasn't a suicide, they took a guarded approach in terms of moving further into the house out of the natural concern a shooter could be inside. And that is why it took a little time before LE found Denise, even though she was relatively close to James.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61