AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think Fitzgerald believes James came to the door first due to the noise he heard.

I think all three were in bed at the time getting rest for the next day.

James is the first to be shot and is killed instantly. I think Denise immediately grabbed her phone once the door disturbance was heard by both of them and she followed a few feet behind James to the door.

During this time is when Jim is instantly shot dead. Then the suspect sees Denise not far away from Jim with her cell in her hand. He instantly kills her too before the dispatcher could pick up and then he kicks the phone away landing closer to Denise's body instead of Jim. So both bodies had to be in the same general area relatively close to each other.

I imagine the lights were off inside when LE arrived but it didnt take them long to see Denise's body once they entered the home.

The commotion heard on the 911 call Fitzgerald said was coming from another room from where the phone was located where Denise and James were found. Imo

Imo that commotion being heard on the call was between the suspect and Jayme when he was forcing her to leave with him.

Jmo
I’m agreeing but wondering why does Fitz say no sign that Jayme resisted going with someone? Is that a possible means to try to protect her from a captor now? To imply of course she wanted to go with whomever has her? Only thing I can think of to explain the no resistance comment. Unless we don’t consider her screaming as resistance (if indeed she was doing so?)

Radar must have gotten that from the same FB thread where I read it . . .
Not to harp on a rumor, but when I first heard the bathroom barricade story (rumor), I had to wonder what types of items would be available for an attempt to "barricade." IMO, and IMB (In My Bathroom) there's not a selection of barricade-worthy items that can be moved into position once you're in the bathroom.

I’m agreeing but wondering why does Fitz say no sign that Jayme resisted going with someone? Is that a possible means to try to protect her from a captor now? To imply of course she wanted to go with whomever has her? Only thing I can think of to explain the no resistance comment. Unless we don’t consider her screaming as resistance (if indeed she was doing so?)

This new information has really taken off and is helpful to confirm how fast the front door was compromised, and how fast Jim and Denise were killed.

The 911 call is an important clue. Yelling was captured and I would imagine the abduction of Jayme (although that might not have been apparent on first listen).

Jayme may have left with the abductor(s) with a gun pointed at her, and that may be inferred as no resistance. Not sure.

I also wonder if there were two invaders, one at the front door and one at the sliding glass door. Just thinking about the possibilities.

IMO.

It was from a Radar Online Exclusive (19 October 2018):

"There is a report that someone allegedly knocked on the door and as the father went to answer it gunfire erupted through the door. That has not been confirmed yet as it’s an active investigation,” an FBI source exclusively told RadarOnline.com

As Radar readers know, investigators have been tirelessly searching for the 13-year-old who disappeared from her Barron, Wisconsin house on Monday, October 15. That same day, police found Closs’ parents, James Closs, 56, and Denise Closs, 46, dead of gunshot wounds inside the home.

“The mother appeared to have barricaded herself in the bathroom and called police,” added the insider, explaining that she was not able to reach the dispatcher before being killed.

Like the neighbours, Radar Online appear to have inside information from the FBI (if you believe them of course!). This story is where the 'Denise barricaded herself in the bathroom' came from.
I wonder who this 'insider' is and if they were getting paid by Radar Online!
It was from a Radar Online Exclusive (19 October 2018):

"There is a report that someone allegedly knocked on the door and as the father went to answer it gunfire erupted through the door. That has not been confirmed yet as it’s an active investigation,” an FBI source exclusively told RadarOnline.com

As Radar readers know, investigators have been tirelessly searching for the 13-year-old who disappeared from her Barron, Wisconsin house on Monday, October 15. That same day, police found Closs’ parents, James Closs, 56, and Denise Closs, 46, dead of gunshot wounds inside the home.

“The mother appeared to have barricaded herself in the bathroom and called police,” added the insider, explaining that she was not able to reach the dispatcher before being killed.

Like the neighbours, Radar Online appear to have inside information from the FBI (if you believe them of course!). This story is where the 'Denise barricaded herself in the bathroom' came from.

Why is the sheriff talking exclusively to Daily Mail (if he really is or is DM is just summarizing what’s already known) and not CNN or another major network?

It may be that the DM contacted him... I have noticed the DM summarizes other news sources, too. Would hope more media outlets would be reaching out as well, but the tabloid nature of the DM does not have an exact match in the US. The closest would be People magazine, possibly. IMO.

Other than that podcast from Garage something (forgive me, I can’t remember the name), I haven’t heard or viewed much of anything from the sheriff lately.
You mean 'True Crime Garage' my favorite true crime podcast.

They did a podcast on Jayme. I hope they will do a part 2 soon.

Can you post a YouTube link or is that not allowed?

A time ago, I saw a person go through my backyard and shortly thereafter realized they he had set a fire outside my garage. I called LE and they were upfront with me and said they knew who had done it because I was not the first. He was a troubled teen who lived a couple of streets over. There was no evidence they could take to court and he knew it. So it may be with this crime. LE usually knows who the bad apples are if they are local but may not have enough yet to do more than just interview.
I would hope they put surveillance on the suspect if they have an idea who it is, as this is not just a double homicide. Jayme needs to be found!

Right. I do think it would be accurate to say LE has given some indications that the shots heard by the neighbors were either reported at the incorrect time or were unrelated shots. The sheriff has stated in two separate interviews now that they believe the crime took place in something like 4 minutes.
If the shots heard by neighbor did happen and were unrelated I hope whoever fired them would come forward. Maybe he/she did, but we just don’t know, but LE would.

Yep, that was a fake 911 call that someone posted on youtube titled "Jayme Closs 911 call" or something similar. It was from an unrelated case.
If that fake call would have been the real thing, it would have made so much sense.
I still can't get over it that it was not the actual call. It had me convinced.

just my mind racing but could whoever made the call have slid it axross the floor because someone was coming in the room in hopes of the perp not seeing it and it staying connected long enough for 911 to trace the call to its location or record any info
Maybe Denise tossed it at Jayme like 'lock your room and call 911), while she ran to help her husband because there was commotion at the front door or James was already shot.

Reactions: JRW
I get the same feeling.

How on earth could you think there close to anything on anyone. He said in interview they have 4 scenarios for each possibility... if they were going after Denise / James / jayme... that says to me they have O clue.. we put all our eggs in disgruntled family connection early on.. that’s fizzled we have 0 idea. Perp likely took shotgun with powerful ammo and killed 2 instantly and kidnapped a young girl.. only clue is perp that knows how to use shotgun and likes young girls... that’s a pretty big pool to fish from... unless perp commits crimes with same gun or they find jayme.. think u could be here in 20 yrs with any scenarios fitting because there is no evidence.

If the shots heard by neighbor did happen and were unrelated I hope whoever fired them would come forward. Maybe he/she did, but we just don’t know, but LE would.

Absolutely. It does make me wonder (I know this may sound outlandish) if there were only two shots. One for mom and one for dad. I know there has been some thoughts here about why the door had so many shots in it, and that could be explained by a shotgun. I know I am repeating was has already been discussed at length, with great commentary from people way more familiar with guns than me.

The chair does have some damage to it, and it does seem it makes sense it was used as a shield OR got damaged from *possibly* one of the two shots, if that theory holds any water. Time will tell, hopefully.

As for the mattresses (there did seem to be more than one) that were taken out on the second look at the crime scene. That was a good call, to rule out anything at all, but don’t see much coming from it. Again time will tell, and IMO.

In the end, to me, this crime seems like a targeted hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018