AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This new info about the house not being all that disturbed, perp being in there for only a couple minutes, and J & D dying instantly is interesting.

My immediate thought based on this is that perp planned on killing J & D and knew what he was doing. Not necessarily a hired hitman, but this person has knowledge and was possibly experienced in some way. They came prepared. It's actually harder than you'd think to shoot someone so they die instantly. There's so many parts of the body that won't automatically cut off life, even if the injuries are life threatening and the person dies later. The bullet may go to fat, or muscle, and obviously can cause irreparable damage, but cessation of life instantaneously practically takes skill. I knew someone who was shot in the back, a premeditated murder so killer wasn't doing it in a chaotic, reactive haste, and the medical examiner still estimated it took her about 15-20 minutes to die. Instant death tells me this person was cool, calm, collected and had the specific intent of shooting to kill rather than immobilize.

So if all this new info really is correct, this was a planned and organized crime for sure.

Interesting in that the sheriff states they may have already interviewed the killer during the course of the investigations. I wonder if subconsciously there is something in those words. That is, does LE have some 'maybe's' that just don't feel quite right when they spoke with them the first time?

That’s one of a few odd things from Fitzgerald..

He originally said should have James/Denise toxicology in couple weeks...7 weeks in and nothing..why not release
... can’t be anything there..

Second is the cars... he said we’re not as focused on the cars anymore..?? Why not just say we’ve ruled out those two cars ..how do you go from find these cars to indifference??

I pray all this is smoke screen while they build case on
Perp... seems unlikely..

Duplicate

Last edited:
Interesting in that the sheriff states they may have already interviewed the killer during the course of the investigations. I wonder if subconsciously there is something in those words. That is, does LE have some 'maybe's' that just don't feel quite right when they spoke with them the first time?

I read something once that stated the majority of perps, later caught and charged, we're in the first round of interviews. It is my understanding that reviewing initial interviews plays a big part in solving cold cases, years and decades later.

Duplicate

Last edited:
That’s one of a few odd things from Fitzgerald..

He originally said should have James/Denise toxicology in couple weeks...7 weeks in and nothing..why not release
... can’t be anything there..

Second is the cars... he said we’re not as focused on the cars anymore..?? Why not just say we’ve ruled out those two cars ..how do you go from find these cars to indifference??

I pray all this is smoke screen while they build case on
Perp... seems unlikely..

I turned in a tip about a weird orange Dodge in Georgia... felt def odd about doing so. That car angle may be too much to handle, and would have to involve communication with multiple jurisdictions. I get that. I didn't feel good about turning it in at all. It’s just too big an angle, especially since it makes more sense this is a local situation. The dots are there- they need to be put together.

Off here for tonight.

Last edited:
They don't even know who was targeted or why...so they sure do not have a suspect. I think that is obvious. With a child missing there would be no delay...they would use swat teams if they knew where a POI is or put out an APB is not, as in many similar cases.
Jmo

Absolutely. It does make me wonder (I know this may sound outlandish) if there were only two shots. One for mom and one for dad. I know there has been some thoughts here about why the door had so many shots in it, and that could be explained by a shotgun. I know I am repeating was has already been discussed at length, with great commentary from people way more familiar with guns than me.

The chair does have some damage to it, and it does seem it makes sense it was used as a shield OR got damaged from *possibly* one of the two shots, if that theory holds any water. Time will tell, hopefully.

As for the mattresses (there did seem to be more than one) that were taken out on the second look at the crime scene. That was a good call, to rule out anything at all, but don’t see much coming from it. Again time will tell, and IMO.

In the end, to me, this crime seems like a targeted hit.
I feel pretty confident a shotgun wasn't used. The responding LE saying he saw multiple shells spent is one reason for my belief. Yes, shotguns use shotgun shells, but I don't think that was the type of shell the LE responder was referring to; I suspect he'd have said multiple spent shotgun shells, if that were the case. Jmo, of course.

This new info about the house not being all that disturbed, perp being in there for only a couple minutes, and J & D dying instantly is interesting.

My immediate thought based on this is that perp planned on killing J & D and knew what he was doing. Not necessarily a hired hitman, but this person has knowledge and was possibly experienced in some way. They came prepared. It's actually harder than you'd think to shoot someone so they die instantly. There's so many parts of the body that won't automatically cut off life, even if the injuries are life threatening and the person dies later. The bullet may go to fat, or muscle, and obviously can cause irreparable damage, but cessation of life instantaneously practically takes skill. I knew someone who was shot in the back, a premeditated murder so killer wasn't doing it in a chaotic, reactive haste, and the medical examiner still estimated it took her about 15-20 minutes to die. Instant death tells me this person was cool, calm, collected and had the specific intent of shooting to kill rather than immobilize.

So if all this new info really is correct, this was a planned and organized crime for sure.
Which would rule out a younger person/teen.

I feel pretty confident a shotgun wasn't used. The responding LE saying he saw multiple shells spent is one reason for my belief. Yes, shotguns use shotgun shells, but I don't think that was the type of shell the LE responder was referring to; I suspect he'd have said multiple spent shotgun shells, if that were the case. Jmo, of course.

I think it was a shotgun and this is why, a shotgun has the instant knock down to it at close range and would do enough damage that no attempt at medical intervention was even attempted. I think LE is going to call emt if there even might be any chance at all, especialy LE that is in a small town that doesn't see a lot of homicides. if the time window was longer then i might think differently. death is a process IMO, a person may become unaware instantly but absolute death is not instant IMO, LE didn't know if one of the victims hearts had just quit seconds before they found them, unless the damage was extremely extensive. i don't know of anything but a shotgun that could do that kind of damage. people live threw bullets going entirely threw their head from pistols and LE would not know which was saveable and which wasn't. i also think shotgun because it requires little skill. if you can load it and point it in the right direction is about all there is to it. there can be a lot more error with a shotgun than a pistol or any solid single bullet. a smaller cal pistol may not cause death, a larger cal pistol or riffle will just go on threw, either certainly could cause death but not as likely to be obviously not in need of any medical attempt. a pump shotgun with a tactical barrel and a pistol grip on it would not be all that long.

edit= I have never personaly seen what a shotgun does to a human but know what it can do to a animal.

Last edited:

Thanks for bringing it forward. :)
Please note this is NOT to scale and NOT a definitive floor plan.

It’s based on my studying family Facebook photos and floorplans / layouts / window placements of homes in Barron built in a similar time frame. Many are nearly identical to the Closs home (as pre fabricated houses) but there may be differences or remodels that could change things.

I had wondered if she had snuck out and there was a fight upon returning with whoever she might have left with. I now doubt that. if her room was near the side doors and parents room was on the other end I think the side doors would have been used to come and go.

People, please remember that the Daily Mail is the equivalent of the National Inquirer in the UK. My UK based pals Lucy and Symes both call it "the Daily Fail". It's chock full of sensationalist claptrap and celebrity news and lots of lurid "details" that you can't really trust as legit information. It's interesting to see another "viewpoint" but when it's basically posted to sell papers just take it with a grain of salt.

Getting back to our topic at hand - someone elsewhere had an interesting viewpoint on this: could either James or Denise had been an informer for the police on a past drug bust and the word leaked out? Might explain why police are being so cagey about the entire business.

I agree. But I get the existence of a news article from DM. For cold hard facts I gov to the local news outlets and the nearest large city outlets for facts. Then on to LE/ govt sites.

The DM serves a purpose.

I feel the perp( s) had to know who lived there. There is no reason that there were not people in bedrooms in the basement.

If there were people in the basement, they could have gone out the basement door and blown the perp(s) away.

Therefore, I feel the perp(s) knew exactly who was in the house.

I feel the perp( s) had to know who lived there. There is no reason that there were not people in bedrooms in the basement.

If there were people in the basement, they could have gone out the basement door and blown the perp(s) away.

Therefore, I feel the perp(s) knew exactly who was in the house.
I agree. also if perp only went 5 ft inside as was said a few post above then I assume perp didn't look around to know there wasn't more people there. 5 ft inside and there could have been more people in the next room if perp didn't already know who was and wasn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018