AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s about what most people assumed ..

Still hard to put puzzle ftogether with only getting 40 percent the pieces and there all black..

Think your spot on ... kick door in.. James there quickly to stop intruder Denise quickly there after..

Main question is was 911 call before or after shooting... jayme tied to scene cause voice heard or footprint in aftermath carnage.

I could see any scenario with this little info jayme grabbed. , gun point into trunk, accomplice grabs her as she leaves.

What I can’t figure out who in the hell ended 911 call. Wouldn’t perp be breathing heavy as he disconnects ??

Maybe jayme dials right after shooting .. then hangs up has 2 perps sound like there walking in ... dunno...
I am thinking the phone disconnected on its own. Bad signal or dead battery possibly.

A few threads back someone provided a possible floor plan of the house. With it being an open floor plan it may have a stairway to the basement right behind this cabinet. I have an open floor plan and sometimes it can be a struggle with furniture placement. If the kitchen is to the right of the door the china cabinet might work well there
If James was shot to the right side of the door he could have fallen back into the kitchen area therefore leaving the stuff in the cabinet undisturbed

Would the cabinet doors facing the outside door make any sense? I would think the cabinet would have to be useful and accessible.

I do not think basement stairs are right by a front door are they except in a split entry?

Do you think they finished breaking it off?

I would think if the door was not completely broken off they would remove the casing or take it off of the hinges.

Does it make sense that LE would continue to break the door?

I think your right. They’d remove with kid gloves ... door May give away shoe size or shoe print. .. plus if bullet holes .. and powder blast if close.. they could get a lot of info from that .. I’d hope

Here is an enhanced photo
That definitely resembles a hutch style cabinet. Where it has upper doors, then an area to put items like a miniature snowman, and then has cabinets below that area.

I think if this had been moved by LE everything on it would be discombobulated. Did they remove the whole carpet or just a part of it?

Have we established if James was at work, if so what time he got home? Did he go straight home or stop off somewhere?

I know when I worked a second or third shift job my family would make sure they were awake when I got home. They wouldn't stay up long, but long enough to come say hi, and give kisses and hugs goodnight. So Denise and Jayme may have already been awake. Greeted James as he came in for the night. Started to settle in for the night as the perpetrator kicked in the door.

Anyway, just my thoughts. (It would be nice to think Jayme's last interaction with her family were warm and loving ones)

If indeed the home is open concept, it's likely that wall space is at a premium. JMO I think that cupboard may butt up against the back wall of the stair way, placed there because it fit there. I think it is off center of the open door and well out of the way of the swing of the door. I wonder then what would be directly forward, coming straight in the front door. More wall or the living room itself? Seeing those photographs, tucked in the cabinet glass drives it home -- this was a real family, everybody's family, with cherished memories and a home they cared for... a daughter they loved, a dog they loved... I pray for courage for Jayme's remaining family as they endure the unendurable...

Hey Everyone,

I know it's tough to keep things moving with the discussion when there is nothing new but please stay on topic. Do not discuss other
cases on Jayme's thread.

Thank you,
Tricia

Do you think they finished breaking it off?

I would think if the door was not completely broken off they would remove the casing or take it off of the hinges.

Does it make sense that LE would continue to break the door?
How do you kick open a door and break the side with the hinges? You kick near the knob/deadbolt and it either busts the frame on that side or breaks the lock. I've watched my husband do it. Someone changes the locks on their apartment then locks themselves out that is better than breaking a window. Unless their door was a hallow interior door and it broke in the middle.

IMO I don't think it was very complicated. I believe loud banging startled everyone awake, JC went to the door, DC grabbed her phone and followed behind and stopped by the bathroom. Jayme startled came out of her room saw mom by bathroom door and ran to her. JC was shot/door kicked in, DC and Jayme closed themselves in the bathroom, DC called 911. Before the call connected killer came in the bathroom (either kicked it open or it was unlocked) and shot DC before call connected and then kicked the phone away. Call connected at this point and Jayme was trapped in the bathroom with the perp. I think the yelling was Jayme and the killer coming from the bathroom which is why the noise sounded distant with unrecognizable words.
The front door being kicked open would go to the left which would be the direction JC came from. Maybe why you dont see damage to the right by the hutch. Bathroom is to the left of front door straight back. See the floor plan. On the way out with Jayme, perp passed the phone, checked it and hung it up or had Jayme hang it up. Jayme was the target, parents prob knew or knew of the perp from interactions in the community. I believe perp has a record, is local and prob a SO. I think the motive Jayme was taken was for SA. He had a place ready to take Jayme (hopefully to a bunker etc and not a grave) To me this makes the most logical sense, in five feet shot both obstacles and left with Jayme the target.

Hey Everyone,

I know it's tough to keep things moving with the discussion when there is nothing new but please stay on topic. Do not discuss other
cases on Jayme's thread.

Thank you,
Tricia

That was probably me. I am trying to keep the rules in mind. I guess when I think they may relate somehow to this case it is a theory like the car in the water awhile back. So in that case, it cannot be discussed? I just want to be clear. Thank you and my apologies.

IMO I don't think it was very complicated. I believe loud banging startled everyone awake, JC went to the door, DC grabbed her phone and followed behind and stopped by the bathroom. Jayme startled came out of her room saw mom by bathroom door and ran to her. JC was shot/door kicked in, DC and Jayme closed themselves in the bathroom, DC called 911. Before the call connected killer came in the bathroom (either kicked it open or it was unlocked) and shot DC before call connected and then kicked the phone away. Call connected at this point and Jayme was trapped in the bathroom with the perp. I think the yelling was Jayme and the killer coming from the bathroom which is why the noise sounded distant with unrecognizable words.
The front door being kicked open would go to the left which would be the direction JC came from. Maybe why you dont see damage to the right by the hutch. Bathroom is to the left of front door straight back. See the floor plan. On the way out with Jayme, perp passed the phone, checked it and hung it up or had Jayme hang it up. Jayme was the target, parents prob knew or knew of the perp from interactions in the community. I believe perp has a record, is local and prob a SO. I think the motive Jayme was taken was for SA. He had a place ready to take Jayme (hopefully to a bunker etc and not a grave) To me this makes the most logical sense, in five feet shot both obstacles and left with Jayme the target.

Could agree with 90 percent... but if Fitzgerald is saying perp only 5 ft in house that’s the length of a person.. he had 4forensics teams .. there fairly certain 1-2 steps ... you can’t get to bathroom .. or other room... I like most of what u said.. just think with splatter etc.. shooter didn’t gopast much in doorway..?

Jumping off Jax49's post for reference only....

Re: the front door/hutch photo.

I think it's quite clear the photo was taken from quite a few feet left of centre. You can see this from looking at the uppermost pieces of wrought iron railings.

I'm not sure if the hutch is even in the line of sight (from outside) if one was standing perpendicular to the front door.
Yes. Very left side of entry door looking in to right side of entry door. I believe that is the dining room with the kitchen next with the sliding door to the deck.

I believe the living room is left of the front entry door. That would put bedrooms/bathroom along back of house somewhat confirmed by PT.

My parents had a ranch style house. Their front door was on one end facing the road. Entry door opened into the living room/dining room. Living room left side of door with dining room right of door. Hallway opposite entry door leading to kitchen on right and 3 bedrooms and bath towards rear of house.

That was probably me. I am trying to keep the rules in mind. I guess when I think they may relate somehow to this case it is a theory like the car in the water awhile back. So in that case, it cannot be discussed? I just want to be clear. Thank you and my apologies.
Yes, this is my question also. If there is a case in the news that we think has some possible connections due to the timing, location , or circumstances can we not mention it here ? Trying to clarify...TY.

You can't kick a door in on the hinge side. If the deadbolt wasn't locked it would be so much easier to kick open and wouldn't hurt the door frame much if at all.

How do you kick open a door and break the side with the hinges? You kick near the knob/deadbolt and it either busts the frame on that side or breaks the lock. I've watched my husband do it. Someone changes the locks on their apartment then locks themselves out that is better than breaking a window. Unless their door was a hallow interior door and it broke in the middle.

In looking at the picture, the door is not a hollowcore.

The broken part looks like thick wood.

You can't kick a door in on the hinge side. If the deadbolt wasn't locked it would be so much easier to kick open and wouldn't hurt the door frame much if at all.

Can you see the pictures of the door posted here in several posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990