AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I wish the opposite, I don’t think 20/20 or 48 Hours (or a show like that) would do a piece on the Closs case, since the suspect hasn’t been caught. Those types of shows tend to create an element of intrigue in various suspects before pouncing on the right one, which was figured out way before the show aired. The problem here, there are no suspects, or even persons of interests, at least not revealed publicly. If there is a nag of suspicion toward a suspect by the Barron investigative team, they have kept it under the radar.

Still thinking about Jayme, wherever she is, and she is found.

I have seen some WS members put up some proposed layouts or state them and they differ I think a bit from each other. I do know someone posted one though that matches my feeling on how it is laid out. I feel the living room left of door and kitchen/dining area to right of door. While I cannot be sure, the bigger window to the right is similar to many i have seen that are often in front of a table. The smaller window on the front right of house I believe is probably the kitchen sink area, most houses of that era (and still in many cases) have a window you can look out while you are slaving over dishes :) That then leads me to believe the kitchen and counters may L around the right corner. I both saw a picture and the recent article also said it was an open floor plan and this leads me to believe there is a kitchen island or peninsula as well.

It could be reversed though, meaning kitchen first, then table spot so either the kitchen or the table could be in front of the patio doors. That leaves the bedrooms along the back of the house and most likely the bathroom although I suppose that could be tucked in elsewhere. Jayme's room right back of house due to what PT said. The basement stairs I believe also go down from the back of the house, it is simply the most common.

LE said recently the house is open floor plan and to me that means wide or mostly so for view between living/dining/kitchen. Yet the hutch makes it appear it is a very small area in front of the door. However, camera angles can make things pretty strange. Almost all pictures made me think the house is far from the road and then I saw a picture (I believe maybe on CNN) that made it look as if it was much closer to the road (and more noticeable) than I thought. Most of the rest of the photos do just the opposite. I have no idea which ones are accurate but it does show that the camera and zoom or angle or whatever can sure change how things appear in a picture.

Because of all of these things, I have come to the conclusion the china hutch was moved there. Whether to block view to a wide open area or to get it out of the way, or very possibly for both of those reasons? LE from all we have seen holds things close to their vest and in no way are they not going to try to stop views of the interior from the media and national news. We all know this and that is why we still wonder about the doors, which were which, the parking of Jim's truck (was it ever determined if he parked it that way or if they moved it?), the chair, etc., pictures have been blown up and we try to see what they show but it seems as if everything is just no more than enough to have ideas but not be sure and I am beginning to think it is meant to be that way. For good reason probably. Therefore, I just think if this was a wide open floor plan that there is wide open view behind that cabinet if the pictures and angle do not skew the size of the area in front of the door.

Just my opinion and every bit of it could be 1731 1/2 percent wrong :)
Reference distance between road and house; here is a Google street view from Oct 2016.

Attachments

• Google Street View.JPG
    Google Street View.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 121
Reference distance between road and house; here is a Google street view from Oct 2016.

Thank you. That one is like most I have seen, but there was one where it looked about 1/2 of that distance. It must have been a camera angle or zoom or some such, or make the photographer was much closer. This pic you provided is a good one for reference.

ETA: The word *make* above should have been *maybe* :)

I like this, and I want it to be true, but there’s just so many unsolved cases, and just as many cases where LE has a suspect but not enough to charge.

And I hate waiting. Especially when there’s a life or lives possibly at risk. :(

This comment is what I feel and have trouble putting into words. Were this the murders only where one can no longer help the victims, it would be very hard to see nothing solved but knowing each and every day what a missing child could be going through, or even the not knowing, makes it even worse. I cannot even begin to imagine the million times worse it is for the loved ones/family of a missing child.

about the cars...I too listened when the sheriff said something about the tail lights and experts, I cant find it again to link it. I have been wondering after I listened to that interview if the car may have had aftermarket tail lights or the wrong year of tail lights, I don't know much about dodges or how many years a body style covers that might could have tail lights interchanged. I have a older hobby car that I put the wrong year model tail lights in because I liked them better and they were a exact interchange. if the car in question had the wrong year tail lights it could be a stand out thing for some people, others not so much, also maybe if the tail lights are making them question anything based on that only then maybe it would be good to question if anyone knew someone that had previously had broken light or switched up their tail lights.

Maybe it was a car that was sort of put together from scratch, with parts from junkyards etc. like a teenager with very little money would do. Therefore it really couldn't be called anything other than red.

Yes, I wasn't sure where their physical location was, in relation to the Closs home, but obviously close enough to know the shots they heard that night had come from their home? Of course we never know all of our neighbors, and certainly wouldn't socialize with all of them.. however even so, we tend to see them out and doing things around the property, see and hear the kids playing, see cars parked when they have parties, hear them in summer when they have people over, even if not right next to them, etc. Just thought it was interesting, so I posted it. It's possible the Closs' were sociable with their own family, but perhaps with others, not so much, which I also find interesting. You might not like or particularly get along with one neighbor, but have there been any neighbors and friends saying much? Also, the neighbor seems to indicate they lived next door? Is that incorrect? Also that they didn't interact with area residents, not just the one neighbor?

"Smrekar lives next door to James and Denise Closs, who were found dead in their Barron home last week.....
"Smrekar said the Closs family was quiet and didn't interact often with neighbors in their area, about a mile west of Barron city limits. She feels secure with law enforcement working next door, she said, but called it scary and "unbelievable" that something like that would happen in their own backyard."

Jayme Closs: Police seek two vehicles seen near Wisconsin slaying, girl's disappearance

"The Smrekars live about 300 feet from James, 56, and Denise Closs, 46..."
“This is someone killing someone else, and it is right next door,” she said.
Tom Smrekar said the Closses moved in next door about seven years ago, but he has spoken with them only a handful of times.
“They were fine neighbors,” he said. “We really don’t know them — our contact has been minimal.”

'Right next door:' Barron community in shock over couple's slaying, girl's disappearance
Tons of trees between the properties. Neighbors couldn’t actually see their neighbors outside most of the year. It’s like with my “next door neighbors” - I usually have no idea if they have company or socialize unless I happen to drive by, and even then, you would have to slow down and really look. Definitely couldn’t see the back yard from the road. The neighbors made it sound like they were never outside, yet friends described Denise as loving her flowers. She had to be outside doing home decorations and tending flowers. I think these people simply did not know their neighbors, which isn’t unusual.

The more I hear these people talk, the more I understand why the Closs family did not answer the door to them. And that one incident is likely where this BS description of them comes from. You have to weigh what the majority of people (who actually knew them) say against what one couple who didn’t even realize they had a child has said.

Neighbor was 14 yrs older then Closs..plus they kinda have bottom house in nice neighborhood... I don’t think they wanted to socialize if neighbors aren’t similar people.
They were hard workers. Blue collar.. could be no of neighbors weren’t.. the one thing where I think your right is home photos.. if u have all these articles and people looking at Closs social circles.. how is there not couple interior home photos .. I found that odd .. not guilty of anything... but most have kitchen photos.. dog photos or interior photos..if there online I overlooked it.
You won’t find photos of the interior of my house online either because most people set most of their social media photos to friends only.

I didn't get the impression the neighbors were talking about socializing (or lack of it), but rather, that they just couldn't be bothered with any of the neighbors.. neighbours don't have to be on the same net worth scale in order to wave at one another, speak to one another when you see them, just be neighborly, etc... 'hi how are you bob, blah blah'.. I don't think it's odd at all if they just didn't want to socialize with them. Just that they were described as quiet and reclusive, not seen around outside, etc.. I get from all of that, that even tho Mom was described as 'social', and last to leave a family get-together, it sounds like they didn't have any at their own home.. so.. just wondering if there was a reason for that. James has also been described in a different way, etc. Just trying to get a feel for the family dynamics.
How often would there be opportunities to say hi or even waive with all those trees and all that space between the properties? Seriously, my neighbors and I rarely speak because neither of us feels like crossing the woods to say hi or yelling hello at the top of our lungs. It would actually be a little weird to do either of those things unless we were best buds.

Wis. Crime Lab Is Ground Zero In Search For Break In Closs Case

Different light sources are used to find any stains. The sheriff tells us more than 100 pieces of potential evidence from the Closs home have been sent to the lab. Roehm says such a high number is rare.

“You’re creating an impact in real time for real people for real cases,” she said.

Just as they are again. This time for Jayme.
This is the part of the story that jumps out at me. Hopeful.
“Madison’s state crime lab has handled the bulk of the forensics in the Closs case. State law prevents them from sharing specifics, but the Barron County Sheriff’s Department confirms testing should be complete this week.”

How often would there be opportunities to say hi or even waive with all those trees and all that space between the properties? Seriously, my neighbors and I rarely speak because neither of us feels like crossing the woods to say hi or yelling hello at the top of our lungs. It would actually be a little weird to do either of those things unless we were best buds.

Totally get that, and it’s so easy to make assumptions without knowing the neighbors at all. Seems like Denise was very involved with her daughter and church. James, on the other hand, seems to be less involved but loved his family. The neighbors up the road, who made all the statements of when they heard gunshots should be considered in a marginal way, if at all, and got the date the Closs family moved in to their home wrong on that point. JMO.

It is very confusing!!. Why after almost two months is LE saying the neighbor's account of gun shots is unsubstantiated. That to me is totally out of left field. I don't understand that and frankly have a hard time believing it.
I'm afraid this case is at an impasse. As far as I can see, there are two possible conclusions and neither are good!!
To be honest, I think if you go back, I do not believe the Sheriff ever said that they were using the neighbors timeline. We all know that the neighbors said it and that is where I think it may be confusing. Because the neighbors said it, the media ran with it and so did we but I cannot ever remembering the sheriff basing anything on the neighbors accounts. I'm sure he believes them, I'm just not so sure he has faith that they are correct on time.

To be honest, I think if you go back, I do not believe the Sheriff ever said that they were using the neighbors timeline. We all know that the neighbors said it and that is where I think it may be confusing. Because the neighbors said it, the media ran with it and so did we but I cannot ever remembering the sheriff basing anything on the neighbors accounts. I'm sure he believes them, I'm just not so sure he has faith that they are correct on time.

Totally agree, and also why I think the neighbor’s recollections should be taken with a grain of salt. Not to rule out what they said they heard and when, but it doesn’t align with Sherriff Fitzgerald’s account of the timeline, and how fast the crime when down. I have tried to make sense, putting the opposite interpretations together, and it doesn’t work. The neighbors were either mistaken, or Fitzgerald’s account of the fast entry, killing and abduction of Jayme may be off.

Last edited:
Yes, I wasn't sure where their physical location was, in relation to the Closs home, but obviously close enough to know the shots they heard that night had come from their home? Of course we never know all of our neighbors, and certainly wouldn't socialize with all of them.. however even so, we tend to see them out and doing things around the property, see and hear the kids playing, see cars parked when they have parties, hear them in summer when they have people over, even if not right next to them, etc. Just thought it was interesting, so I posted it. It's possible the Closs' were sociable with their own family, but perhaps with others, not so much, which I also find interesting. You might not like or particularly get along with one neighbor, but have there been any neighbors and friends saying much? Also, the neighbor seems to indicate they lived next door? Is that incorrect? Also that they didn't interact with area residents, not just the one neighbor?

"Smrekar lives next door to James and Denise Closs, who were found dead in their Barron home last week.....
"Smrekar said the Closs family was quiet and didn't interact often with neighbors in their area, about a mile west of Barron city limits. She feels secure with law enforcement working next door, she said, but called it scary and "unbelievable" that something like that would happen in their own backyard."

Jayme Closs: Police seek two vehicles seen near Wisconsin slaying, girl's disappearance

"The Smrekars live about 300 feet from James, 56, and Denise Closs, 46..."
“This is someone killing someone else, and it is right next door,” she said.
Tom Smrekar said the Closses moved in next door about seven years ago, but he has spoken with them only a handful of times.
“They were fine neighbors,” he said. “We really don’t know them — our contact has been minimal.”

'Right next door:' Barron community in shock over couple's slaying, girl's disappearance
Are they on the right or left side of the Closs house?

just a little research on challengers, the tail light from 08-14 are interchangeable and I cant see any differences to side tail lights. 08-09 some have different center section than 10-14. seems the 08-14 is the year range that they were seeking info on but not so much now. maybe they have all the info they needed, I just looked to see differences in years because they might also have had just info overload on the cars.

Here’s a couple of screen grabs of the truck in a location that seems not the most intuitive place a person would park.

I’d love to hear the possibilities.

And any input on the green trash can, is it garbage or yard debris or belong to LE for disposing of gloves and any and all other protective wear? Maybe he moved it in his truck earlier in the day or LE brought it?

Attachments

• 6810AAB7-126B-467F-A57E-103913E960AC.png
    6810AAB7-126B-467F-A57E-103913E960AC.png
    600.6 KB · Views: 224
  • 746103DA-A3E3-4FF0-98E4-4A567B1841C5.png
    746103DA-A3E3-4FF0-98E4-4A567B1841C5.png
    609.6 KB · Views: 218
  • 4A73F65E-9919-4D47-B9D1-EA6848470746.png
    4A73F65E-9919-4D47-B9D1-EA6848470746.png
    699.6 KB · Views: 188
Here’s a couple of screen grabs of the truck in a location that seems not the most intuitive place a person would park.

I’d love to hear the possibilities.

And any input on the green trash can, is it garbage or yard debris or belong to LE for disposing of gloves and any and all other protective wear? Maybe he moved it in his truck earlier in the day or LE brought it?
on the second pic, the from above one, does it look like there is grass wear from the truck toward the house? I had thought that when I seen earlier. it seems like light wear to me but I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist