AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Early on, after putting out the information on the red car and the black SUV, LE said they weren't looking for them anymore. I have looked back in the threads and can't find precisely what was the reason they gave. Surfing around, I have found some cars that fit their descriptions and that have potential to be connected to this crime but don't know if it makes a difference or even if I can post this comment. Not sure of TOS regarding this.

I don't think we are allowed to discuss tips or potential tips here - I think the general rule is you should submit your info to LE, even if you are unsure of it's value and let them decide. You never know and there's a missing 13 yo girl so...

Good question. I always assumed face up because if he was facing the gun I think he would have been blown back falling on his back.
I always have to, but then the thought occurred to me that could have gone to the door, denied them entrance and he started walking back and they kicked in the door and shot him in the back of the head or body.

Early on, after putting out the information on the red car and the black SUV, LE said they weren't looking for them anymore. I have looked back in the threads and can't find precisely what was the reason they gave. Surfing around, I have found some cars that fit their descriptions and that have potential to be connected to this crime but don't know if it makes a difference or even if I can post this comment. Not sure of TOS regarding this.

I think sheriff as said there not as interested in those vehicles anymore... if u read between lines I think they found owners of one or both...

If u have old photos of vehicles of interest... or video clips u think might be the owners .. worth pursuing... and moving to tip line.. if it’s just the owners I think they have basics...

Paul Blume‏Verified account @PaulBlume_FOX9 Oct 15

Neighbors report hearing 2 large caliber gunshots early this AM. Describe Closs family as "extremely quiet, almost reclusive." Now just praying 13yo Jayme Closs turns up safe. Still no word on her whereabouts more than 12 hours after the shooting at family home on Hwy 8, Barron
20 replies 274 retweets 698 likes

Paul Blume on Twitter

This is obviously from early on... but interesting that the neighbour who heard the shots describe the family that way. Interesting to me anyway. From other reports, it seemed like the mom was quite social. I wonder why they would seem stifled, silent and 'reclusive' as a family at their own home?

This neighbor wasn't even within sight really (separated by wooded berm). How in the heck does she know anything about what went on in the Closs home, they were not even acquaintances IIRC?

James/Denise worked full time jobs, raised a daughter and participated in social activities. IDK how that's being stifled or reclusive???

Probably just didn’t want to socialize with those particular neighbors. Most of us have experienced that kind of neighbor you simply avoid.

Think this is just diff social circles. Sure there are people in your neighborhood u don’t know those u do... plus their house is protected by trees and across a highway.. would almost be weird if they said we see them 3/4 times a day.. jayme had trampoline/ in church / dance / track. They weren’t hiding her... neighbors are looking for someone to talk to.. Closs had somewhere to be .....job / school /etc.
Yes, I wasn't sure where their physical location was, in relation to the Closs home, but obviously close enough to know the shots they heard that night had come from their home? Of course we never know all of our neighbors, and certainly wouldn't socialize with all of them.. however even so, we tend to see them out and doing things around the property, see and hear the kids playing, see cars parked when they have parties, hear them in summer when they have people over, even if not right next to them, etc. Just thought it was interesting, so I posted it. It's possible the Closs' were sociable with their own family, but perhaps with others, not so much, which I also find interesting. You might not like or particularly get along with one neighbor, but have there been any neighbors and friends saying much? Also, the neighbor seems to indicate they lived next door? Is that incorrect? Also that they didn't interact with area residents, not just the one neighbor?

"Smrekar lives next door to James and Denise Closs, who were found dead in their Barron home last week.....
"Smrekar said the Closs family was quiet and didn't interact often with neighbors in their area, about a mile west of Barron city limits. She feels secure with law enforcement working next door, she said, but called it scary and "unbelievable" that something like that would happen in their own backyard."

Jayme Closs: Police seek two vehicles seen near Wisconsin slaying, girl's disappearance

"The Smrekars live about 300 feet from James, 56, and Denise Closs, 46..."
“This is someone killing someone else, and it is right next door,” she said.
Tom Smrekar said the Closses moved in next door about seven years ago, but he has spoken with them only a handful of times.
“They were fine neighbors,” he said. “We really don’t know them — our contact has been minimal.”

'Right next door:' Barron community in shock over couple's slaying, girl's disappearance

Mary McGuire on Twitter
Tree of Hope for #JaymeCloss will be lit tonight outside Riverview Middle School in Barron, where Jayme is a student. @WCCO #FindJayme #wcco

DuP9iyfVYAA6k1P.jpg

Callan Gray on Twitter
Students are decorating the tree for this evening’s tree lighting for Jayme Closs #FindJayme @KSTP

DuQAhpAVsAA5anV.jpg

DuQAho_V4AAPxAS.jpg

DuQAho_VYAA8tg4.jpg

Neighbor was 14 yrs older then Closs..plus they kinda have bottom house in nice neighborhood... I don’t think they wanted to socialize if neighbors aren’t similar people.
They were hard workers. Blue collar.. could be no of neighbors weren’t.. the one thing where I think your right is home photos.. if u have all these articles and people looking at Closs social circles.. how is there not couple interior home photos .. I found that odd .. not guilty of anything... but most have kitchen photos.. dog photos or interior photos..if there online I overlooked it.

Another thing I notice from the pictures is could the kitchen dining room be on the front of the house on the right? Looking into the pictures posted on page #17 #338 in the middle photo, is that a light over a kitchen sink that looks like three bulbs together?

I have seen some WS members put up some proposed layouts or state them and they differ I think a bit from each other. I do know someone posted one though that matches my feeling on how it is laid out. I feel the living room left of door and kitchen/dining area to right of door. While I cannot be sure, the bigger window to the right is similar to many i have seen that are often in front of a table. The smaller window on the front right of house I believe is probably the kitchen sink area, most houses of that era (and still in many cases) have a window you can look out while you are slaving over dishes :) That then leads me to believe the kitchen and counters may L around the right corner. I both saw a picture and the recent article also said it was an open floor plan and this leads me to believe there is a kitchen island or peninsula as well.

It could be reversed though, meaning kitchen first, then table spot so either the kitchen or the table could be in front of the patio doors. That leaves the bedrooms along the back of the house and most likely the bathroom although I suppose that could be tucked in elsewhere. Jayme's room right back of house due to what PT said. The basement stairs I believe also go down from the back of the house, it is simply the most common.

LE said recently the house is open floor plan and to me that means wide or mostly so for view between living/dining/kitchen. Yet the hutch makes it appear it is a very small area in front of the door. However, camera angles can make things pretty strange. Almost all pictures made me think the house is far from the road and then I saw a picture (I believe maybe on CNN) that made it look as if it was much closer to the road (and more noticeable) than I thought. Most of the rest of the photos do just the opposite. I have no idea which ones are accurate but it does show that the camera and zoom or angle or whatever can sure change how things appear in a picture.

Because of all of these things, I have come to the conclusion the china hutch was moved there. Whether to block view to a wide open area or to get it out of the way, or very possibly for both of those reasons? LE from all we have seen holds things close to their vest and in no way are they not going to try to stop views of the interior from the media and national news. We all know this and that is why we still wonder about the doors, which were which, the parking of Jim's truck (was it ever determined if he parked it that way or if they moved it?), the chair, etc., pictures have been blown up and we try to see what they show but it seems as if everything is just no more than enough to have ideas but not be sure and I am beginning to think it is meant to be that way. For good reason probably. Therefore, I just think if this was a wide open floor plan that there is wide open view behind that cabinet if the pictures and angle do not skew the size of the area in front of the door.

Just my opinion and every bit of it could be 1731 1/2 percent wrong :)

Neighbor was 14 yrs older then Closs..plus they kinda have bottom house in nice neighborhood... I don’t think they wanted to socialize if neighbors aren’t similar people.
They were hard workers. Blue collar.. could be no of neighbors weren’t.. the one thing where I think your right is home photos.. if u have all these articles and people looking at Closs social circles.. how is there not couple interior home photos .. I found that odd .. not guilty of anything... but most have kitchen photos.. dog photos or interior photos..if there online I overlooked it.
I didn't get the impression the neighbors were talking about socializing (or lack of it), but rather, that they just couldn't be bothered with any of the neighbors.. neighbours don't have to be on the same net worth scale in order to wave at one another, speak to one another when you see them, just be neighborly, etc... 'hi how are you bob, blah blah'.. I don't think it's odd at all if they just didn't want to socialize with them. Just that they were described as quiet and reclusive, not seen around outside, etc.. I get from all of that, that even tho Mom was described as 'social', and last to leave a family get-together, it sounds like they didn't have any at their own home.. so.. just wondering if there was a reason for that. James has also been described in a different way, etc. Just trying to get a feel for the family dynamics.

Hello, all. Again, I hate to be negativity here, but I am worried about this girl. She could be anywhere; from there to Florida, California, etc. I am so concerned that they don't have a clue, how could they; no eye witnesses, no vehicle that we know of, whoever took her could have just disappeared to oblivion. She could be stowed away in someone's garage, basement; how will they find her. I'm so hoping that LE has lots of clues that we don't know about, but I am scared that they are no farther ahead than they were on day one. Do you guys think they are close to locating her? I certainly pray to God they know much more than we do. This girl is barely out of childhood. I would have thought whoever has her might let her out a moment, maybe to buy clothes, take her for food, etc. I guess we just keep praying that there is a break soon. She must be just scared out of her wits, so young, knows he killed her parents, I can't imagine even at my age. Thanks, all for staying on here and being persistent with your theories. I have no theories at the moment, just scared and praying for her. Katt

I don't know the answer regarding the TOS as I am still learning the rules. With regard though to the cars, in one of the most recent interviews, I think the Daily Mail video, the sheriff said something after a bit of hesitation, etc. that after a bit they found different experts differed on the cars, the shape of the tail lights, etc. It sounds as if they are dismissed and not actively being looked for. He certainly was not pushing them and they haven't since.

I have not tried to link here yet but perhaps someone could link that interview for you.

I wonder as I believe others do if they have the answers they need about the cars--meaning they have found them or cleared them for some unknown reason. To me it is another confusing thing because it was made so clear in the beginning that like with the Dodge they wanted no other model called about, it was stressed, like with the Challenger, but now just the opposite was said--that they were unsure they were the correct models.

It is one very confusing case. However, they are the experts so I am sure there are probably reasons for everything.

Continued prayers for this young lady.

(edited to reword a sentence)

I think sheriff as said there not as interested in those vehicles anymore... if u read between lines I think they found owners of one or both...

If u have old photos of vehicles of interest... or video clips u think might be the owners .. worth pursuing... and moving to tip line.. if it’s just the owners I think they have basics...

The way I understood it, the Sheriff is still interested in similar black & red vehicles, but they are working to confirm the actual make and model. I could be wrong, but my understanding is they are not 100% sure the vehicle is a Dodge Challenger after all.

I didn't get the impression the neighbors were talking about socializing (or lack of it), but rather, that they just couldn't be bothered with any of the neighbors.. neighbours don't have to be on the same net worth scale in order to wave at one another, speak to one another when you see them, just be neighborly, etc... 'hi how are you bob, blah blah'.. I don't think it's odd at all if they just didn't want to socialize with them. Just that they were described as quiet and reclusive, not seen around outside, etc.. I get from all of that, that even tho Mom was described as 'social', and last to leave a family get-together, it sounds like they didn't have any at their own home.. so.. just wondering if there was a reason for that. James has also been described in a different way, etc. Just trying to get a feel for the family dynamics.
Respectfully, it seems that you are 'wondering' and 'trying' to imply something? It seems a reach to assume they couldn't "be bothered with their neighbors". There has been nothing substantiated of any of the Closs family members in a derogatory manner that I'm aware of. Quite the opposite actually.

You do realize that the Closs home is on a busy state road, not tucked away in a subdivision or neighborhood? It wouldn't be probable that they are out walking/milling about the mailbox etc. I live in a gated community and I don't know or have a relationship with the majority of the residents. That doesn't make me a bad person. I like my privacy, live and let live.

I don't knowearning the rules. With regard though to the cars, in one of the most recent interviews, I think the Daily Mail video, the sheriff said something after a bit of hesitation, etc. that after a bit they found different experts differed on the cars, the shape of the tail lights, etc. It sounds as if they are dismissed and not actively being looked for. He certainly was not pushing them and they haven't since.

I have not tried to link here yet but perhaps someone could link that interview for you.

I wonder as I believe others do if they have the answers they need about the cars--meaning they have found them or cleared them for some unknown reason. To me it is another confusing thing because it was made so clear in the beginning that like with the Dodge they wanted no other model called about, it was stressed, like with the Challenger, but now just the opposite was said--that they were unsure they were the correct models.

It is one very confusing case. However, they are the experts so I am sure there are probably reasons for everything.

Continued prayers for this young lady.

(edited to reword a sentence)

It is very confusing!!. Why after almost two months is LE saying the neighbor's account of gun shots is unsubstantiated. That to me is totally out of left field. I don't understand that and frankly have a hard time believing it.
I'm afraid this case is at an impasse. As far as I can see, there are two possible conclusions and neither are good!!

Not letting me quote but......
In reference to how quiet this case has been in the media spotlight....
I would also chalk it up to Nancy Grace and Ashley Banfield both losing their tv shows that spotlighted these kind of cases, As a matter of fact, they both were actively doing segments about Jayme almost every night before their shows were cancelled.
In reference to friends and family being so quiet.
Part of the reason is there is not much media ( read above for reference). Part of it, on the family side anyways, is that I believe that LE must have told them not to publicly name any gut feelings or POI's because it could get in the way of the investigation. Why else wouldn't brother Steve just have said what his gut feeling was on the interview? I will say that the community does seem to be very bonded together and they are trying to get the word out. They have a public page that is very active. It is run and looked over by the family. They are selling ribbons, shirts and all kinds of things. If any rumors come about, they are very quick to delete them or say that it was confirmed by the Sheriff.

Good points. I had no idea those shows were canceled while this was going on? Wow.

From what people have told me, law enforcement does not stop anyone from talking but they do encourage families not to. Since the families of victims care so much about the case, I think they have emotions that they want to vent, probably anger at the perp, things they would like to say towards him, and a myriad of thoughts but then do not because they do not want to in any way possible affect the case and her being found. The desire though to say anything and everything to help find her has to war with that at times I would imagine though. I think it would be a very hard spot to be in on top of what they already have had to deal with. jmo.

It is very confusing!!. Why after almost two months is LE saying the neighbor's account of gun shots is unsubstantiated. That to me is totally out of left field. I don't understand that and frankly have a hard time believing it.
I'm afraid this case is at an impasse. As far as I can see, there are two possible conclusions and neither are good!!

I agree, it is hard to understand. The cars, the gun shots. It seems like one thing is said and then later almost seems to be contradicted. I wonder if it comes from different LE agencies being involved at first. If not, then maybe evidence has come back that has shown the neighbor's timeline and account could not be right could be another possibility? But they did not want to say so at first or discount the neighbors as they did not know? Those are possibilities I suppose.

I can guess what at least one of your two possible conclusions are and it has crossed my mind as well and probably has crossed most people's at one point or another.

I have not followed too many cases, just a few but from everything I have read here, everything about this case is unusual most people feel. Most (me as well) feel like when something new is provided, we at first expect it to help clarify something and it just seems to end up making it even harder to understand what happened. I cannot even imagine how frustrated the family must feel if those of us who do not even know the victims feel that way. I, for one, do not believe they know a whole lot more from LE than we do just because if LE does not know who the perp(s) are, they would not tell them nor anyone very much I would not think.

It is my hope it is an intentional strategy of some kind. I also hope they know more than has been said, a lot more. Then maybe we will understand in the end; if not, your guess is as good as mine as to why it is being done this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member