AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we should add, "that we know of" to the end of your paragraph.

Yeah I've wondered about the vehicles too since they are not longer looking for them, maybe they located them or the owner(s). It might not even be too far fetched that they have suspects or persons of interest, but don't have enough to make an arrest and are waiting for them to slip up, I don't know, I at least hope they have something to go on.

I don't post but I have been following this case and all the theories. I really don't have anything different to add but what really sticks out to me at this point is the fact that she is still missing and there are no searches. I remember reading about a few searches (maybe 2) in the beginning but I find it odd that there haven't been more organized searches....
Besides telling the hunters to keep an eye out, I haven't seen much about searching in the news. Maybe I missed something....

ETA- I mean physical searches. I know they are searching SM and obviously LE is doing all they can to find her.

Last edited:
It depends on how the warrant is written and how bad they want them. In this warrant it says Barron will extradite meaning they will pick up the cost of transferring him. I have noticed on the active warrant list the other SO warrants are written the same way. I dont believe they would have extradited unless Barron agreed to pay. They don't mess around with this charge. There is a so on the list that skipped before sentencing he's the one I specially would like to see caught.

The deal is, though, this guy moved to Colorado in the summer. He could have come back on a trip home and done this but that seems very unlikely. Nice to "check the box" on him but I'm not getting excited about it at this time.

now that it has been said all calls would go threw the 911 dispatch then I see. I thought 911 would have a dedicated person that was 911 only.

There were two or three dispatchers modifying the call. One of the dispatchers (started the call and changed it from suicide) has a husband or relative in the field on the call.

No matter how the brother called in, once it was decided to engage an officer a dispatcher would have changed the officer's status using their CAD system and the change would be logged.

The 911 number is for urgent emergencies- like you said police, fire, ambulance- but most places should have a number for non-emergencies for situations such as a simple complaint or to let them know you're doing a controlled burn or anything that isn't an emergency-- I can't think of any other scenarios off the top of my head, but essentially it's a number to contact the police in a non-emergency situation- I bet your community has one

In MN where I lived, they used to have a non energency number. I have no idea why, but they switched it to all calls go on 911. Very annoying when I called about something really inane but needed police response at some point,

I felt like a terrible person calling an emergency number when someone may be having a real emergency

Last edited:
The deal is, though, this guy moved to Colorado in the summer. He could have come back on a trip home and done this but that seems very unlikely. Nice to "check the box" on him but I'm not getting excited about it at this time.
Said when he was arrested in CO he was homeless....so yeah prob not him, doesn't sound like he has money etc to pull this off. But great to be accounted for like he should be.

I believe the family said they got those new school pics of Jayme at the party that day, so theres no reason not to have used that immediately.

They used the facebook picture immediately, I assume because that was the fastest thing for LE to grab. I believe the sparkly dress picture is her school picture, and that was released very quickly.

Investigators have not recovered any DNA evidence, or fingerprints, nor did they find shoe prints inside the home, he said. He declined to discuss where in the house the bodies were found, how many shots were fired or what kind of guns were used.

Sheriff: No fingerprints, no shoe prints, no DNA in Wisconsin double homicide, missing teen case

By this information, I know the Sheriff is referring to the suspect’s DNA.

I am sure the DNA testing would have involved testing on the blood at the scene, to make sure it was only that of Denise and James. Thinking about it all tonight, and the possibility Jayme may have been injured in the melee.

Investigators have not recovered any DNA evidence, or fingerprints, nor did they find shoe prints inside the home, he said. He declined to discuss where in the house the bodies were found, how many shots were fired or what kind of guns were used.

Sheriff: No fingerprints, no shoe prints, no DNA in Wisconsin double homicide, missing teen case

By this information, I know the Sheriff is referring to the suspect’s DNA.

I am sure the DNA testing would have involved testing on the blood at the scene, to make sure it was only that of Denise and James. Thinking about it all tonight, and the possibility Jayme may have been injured in the melee.
In a recent interview he says there is no evidence she struggled, no evidence she was injured. So Id say you are correct.

I can think of a number of reasonable explanations for why DC's sister would not make a statement to the media. Among other things, it's possible that she wants to grieve privately and/or that she did make a statement somewhere in social media that's visible to friends and family only.

In a recent interview he says there is no evidence she struggled, no evidence she was injured. So Id say you are correct.

Thanks, KLM. The thought occurred to me after learning about an older solved case. The killer was Doug Garland (no relation to this case), but made me think how off the radar some killings and abductions are, and how bizarre a motive can be.

Thanks, KLM. The thought occurred to me after learning about an older solved case. The killer was Doug Garland (no relation to this case), but made me think how off the radar some killings and abductions are, and how bizarre a motive can be.
Truth is stranger than fiction. I think we’ve all read enough true crime to understand the truth of that statement. When this case is solved (I choose to believe it will be) we will probably be shaking our heads in disbelief.

Dogs don't do what you expect them to do in such situations, not even big dogs with a lot of bark and not much bite. They hide they are just as frightened as any human and they appear when they think the danger is clear and they are safe. Take it from one who knows. Each dog is different just like us humans
If anyone unknown pulls in my driveway my dog goes crazy. I’ve messed her up a bit with a new ride the last few weeks and she will bark at me, thinking it’s the sound of a vehicle she doesn’t recognize. I’ve got the best guard dog, just don’t throw her a medium steak lol

Truth is stranger than fiction. I think we’ve all read enough true crime to understand the truth of that statement. When this case is solved (I choose to believe it will be) we will probably be shaking our heads in disbelief.
“Reading true crime” and living it are different. Even a true crime novel leaves major details out. Experience, sorry

“Reading true crime” and living it are different. Even a true crime novel leaves major details out. Experience, sorry

Not sure what you have been through, MommaK43, and lots of compassion headed your way. I haven’t lived it, but sure do want to understand it.

Jayme’s case is different than most crimes, for obvious reasons, and those crimes with a common denominator, seem to point to a sicko with disturbed intentions and motives. I mean by that there is plenty evidence to show the suspect (or suspects) had the means and opportunity, but the motive is elusive, so why I am trying to think about that angle. That is the missing part.

My guess is he (I only think one culprit) parked right in the driveway, quietly scooted to the door, and the rest is history.

I, too, am confused as to why the parents were murdered. Yeah. I know the theory of no witnesses, but that seems really an extreme reason. Fixation on Jayme? From where did he see/know her. He didn't just kill two people to kidnap someone he had never seen before. Unless, of course, the double homicide was meant for the parents. But, even so, why take Jayme? My mind is "going" over this case.

I would agree but then there's Joseph Duncan. He drove by the Groene's home during the day and saw two kids playing outside. Then, in the dark of night, he came back, broke a door/window, crept in without waking anyone. Woke the mom up at gunpoint, said it was a robbery, made her call to her fiance', two young sons and daughter. He tied/bound the 2 adults and 13 yo son, he put the 8 yo girl and 9 yo boy in the car then went back in and bludgeon the other 3 to death... just to steal two kids he'd never met, from a family he did not know. He found the playing children attractive.

Then there's the Hannah Anderson and Petit family cases...so many others.

Those are just 3 that come to mind in the last decade or so, with violence beyond what was necessary to achieve their stated goals.

Probably hundreds, maybe thousands more going back a century/worldwide.

Last edited:
I would agree but then there's Joseph Duncan. He drove by the Groene's home during the day and saw two kids playing outside. Then, in the dark of night, he came back, broke a door/window, crept in without waking anyone. Woke the mom up at gunpoint, said it was a robbery, made her call to her fiance', two young sons and daughter. He tied/bound the 2 adults and 13 yo son, he put the 8 yo girl and 9 yo boy in the car then went back in and bludgeon the other 3 to death... just to steal two kids he'd never met from a family he did not know. He found the playing children attractive.

Then there's the Hannah Anderson and Petit family cases...so many others.

Those are just 3 that come to mind in the last decade or so, with violence beyond what was necessary to achieve their stated goals.

Probably hundreds, maybe thousands more going back a century/worldwide.

Not so sure. The Groene murders were horrendous, and crimes like that don’t happen so often. Jayme’s case does seem like it could be one like what happened there, but that’s my opinion.

Everybody has access to those things. You can get them at Walmart and dollar stores and Amazon.

That is what in interesting to me, the ease about how the suspect killed the parents. The details are very important and thanks for taking a look at that (still trying to figure what looks to me like something thrown and dripping on the sliding glass door in the pictures you shared earlier- been thinking about that, too). It may mean nothing, of course, but it is odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ragnimom