AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a garage sale ad for the Closs address but it was back in 2013. Still you would think the neighbors might have noticed something like that going on down the road where the "reclusive" neighbors lived. I'm trying to see if they had any other garage sales or ads in the paper but I have to find it indirectly because it doesn't come up on the Barron paper's website when you try to search.

I just found a page that lists Denise Closs address and phone numbers as well as previous addresses and "associates". It just pops right up from a google search. It even has an e-mail address for her.
Looks like if someone wanted to stalk her it wouldn't be too hard.

his 911 call was not after hours, I am thinking around 9ish am.
I was just thinking, sometimes when I have to call LE for a non-emergency, I get nervous (even for no good reason) and I can't seem to find the non-emergency number quickly, and I have called 911 in the past, just because it was easier, and too nervous to look up the non-emergency number. They have been very nice and rerouted my call to the non-emergency number. Katt

I just found a page that lists Denise Closs address and phone numbers as well as previous addresses and "associates". It just pops right up from a google search. It even has an e-mail address for her.
Looks like if someone wanted to stalk her it wouldn't be too hard.

You make an excellent point Daisy6441.

A woman who is very kind and generous, like Denise, might not even suspect someone whom she aided in the past would then go "too far" and have inappropriate feelings towards her, and maybe her family members.

On the flip side, I can not find whom James Closs was married to previously. Anybody know? Probably LE is light-years ahead, and has already traveled down that road. It was stated, that there were no children, apparently, from either union prior (James' or Denise's first marriage). (I can't find the link right now.) However, I hope LE has checked all this out .....(and found) .......,.that there are no subsequent hard feelings originating from the ex-wife, and/or her spouse/children, .....who perceived, for whatever reason, that she was somehow wronged by James, or Denise ..........

Just grabbing at straws here.

Thanks..so sounds as if he was just checking on the situation. Can you imagine knowing what has happened and just having to wait. Even if I just had to stand in the yard, I would want to be there.

I could understand wanting to be there and just stand in the yard or even across the street if need be. I could also understand just not being able to be there too.

I am just wondering if mother had confided something to her brother and there was a oh my moment that he thought of something and had to call and get the info in the right direction in a emergency like urgency.

it is detailed on the call log.
It says,

108 - 10/15/2018 09:40:20
Victim's brother Steven called, will have 301 contact him.

So, I don't understand how this says that it was 911 he called. It just says he called, and they connected it to this case in the dispatch log. Or, are you looking at some other log?

The doorbell on the side door seems very peculiar to me also . As mentioned in SM there could have been a tennent or someone the Closs family was helping by allowing them to stay in their house.
It baffled me a bit when the extended family went to the house after the crime and afterwards said that they were even more angry and it caused them to have more questions .
Did they notice that a room was possibly “ rented” or discover that another person could have also been living there?
Seriously, no one really knows what occurs within a household no matter how close you think you are with your siblings. How often was the extended family in the Closs house ? Jmo

Years ago, some houses were built with door bell buttons at the back door as well as the front door. The house I grew up in and the neighbors' houses had them at both doors. Neighbors, especially children, tended to go to back doors. Mothers preferred kids with muddy shoes to enter on linoleum rather than on carpet--back in the day when people in the U.S. didn't usually remove their shoes before entering a home. I wouldn't assume a back door bell meant there was a tenant or separate guest quarters.

Do most people call a different number for police? We call 911 for anything police, fire, ambulance. If there's another number, I certainly don't know it. I didn't know that wasn't the norm. I'm in new orleans. Well, outside new orleans.

I am sorry I am so negative today. it isn't just this case that has me feeling negative. it is society. I have been looking for a news clip that I was sure I had seen, I have been looking for days now for it, I have found so many things, I cant post them here, none so much rummorish but things from even before this crime, can I find the news clip I am looking for no, thinking it may not exist, I must have dreamed it. the negativeness is comeing from what I am seeing about this town.

don't guess anyone seen a news clip of sheriff in a brown coat talking to a reporter? if you do please point me towards it.
You didn't dream about it. I'm sure, sometime ago I saw the Sheriff with a brown t-shirt. I searched images/videos, but can't find it. Often the videos aren't available for me (EU), so: no luck, sorry. :(

It says,

108 - 10/15/2018 09:40:20
Victim's brother Steven called, will have 301 contact him.

So, I don't understand how this says that it was 911 he called. It just says he called, and they connected it to this case in the dispatch log. Or, are you looking at some other log?

This entry is in the open incident log for this case. It doesn't necessarily mean he called 911-- it's just a piece of information related to the still active and open event.

As far as why he might have called 911 -- in general, people call 911 for the oddest reasons.

Man, I missed a bunch. Stupid sleep. I’m in a small town too, and our PD is not 24 hours either. There’s an officer on duty at night, but you have to call 911 to talk to him. If this goes down here in Hooterville, I can see everyone being at the scene and the office still closed waiting for a reserve to open it. But then again, Barron is twice as big, so I don’t know...
As far as accomplices go, I don’t know what an abducted girl is “worth” (monetarily or otherwise), but I would think $50k is more than half, especially to people that would do this. I’d say if there’s an accomplice, they are family or dead.
I also agree with... someone, that parking on a road for an extended period of time is risky. The first person that stops to check is LE.

Do most people call a different number for police? We call 911 for anything police, fire, ambulance. If there's another number, I certainly don't know it. I didn't know that wasn't the norm. I'm in new orleans. Well, outside new orleans.
The 911 number is for urgent emergencies- like you said police, fire, ambulance- but most places should have a number for non-emergencies for situations such as a simple complaint or to let them know you're doing a controlled burn or anything that isn't an emergency-- I can't think of any other scenarios off the top of my head, but essentially it's a number to contact the police in a non-emergency situation- I bet your community has one

The 911 number is for urgent emergencies- like you said police, fire, ambulance- but most places should have a number for non-emergencies for situations such as a simple complaint or to let them know you're doing a controlled burn or anything that isn't an emergency-- I can't think of any other scenarios off the top of my head, but essentially it's a number to contact the police in a non-emergency situation- I bet your community has one

Y'all made me look.

First, not surprisingly, when you type "Barron Wisconsin emergency" in Google one of the first hits is "Barron Wisconsin non emergency number" :) Lots of folks will call 911 for about anything. However, given the circumstance here, I don't think it really matters which number the brother called.

Barron County has a consolidated dispatch center. This means all LE in the county is dispatched by one set of dispatchers. So in a situation like this the dispatcher will dispatch whatever units he/she deems necessary under his/her control. It also appears they have a countywide phone system, too, so there's a good chance, at that time, anyone on duty is monitoring all channels.

That is fine if the person is not missing...i.e to use most sympathetic pics. But they need to show what she looked like as close as possible to the last day she was known to be alive, and there were pictures taken on that day. Jmo
Totally agree with you. But this whole case has been catered to someone other than the general public, and imo - finding Jayme. No info provided, because "only the perp will know", the pleas from the Aunts in the beginning to seemingly 'humanize her as a child', etc. This has not been the typical case of a missing child, and with much less urgency to find her than many missing kids. So much more they could do to get the publics help in locating this girl, but they havent. Imo they should have at the very least tried to discover what she was possibly wearing, etc. I believe the family said they got those new school pics of Jayme at the party that day, so theres no reason not to have used that immediately. Im not dissing LE, Im saying theyve taken a different route with this case than Ive seen before and hopefully it all makes sense in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heartishome