AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Food has gotten so boring to me. I love fish.. then I think about how it's raised. OMG!! And chicken is worse. Some days I have to force myself to eat. I can eat it, if I don't think about what it is. Sounds crazy huh?
BBM
Nope, not at all. I grow all of my own produce organically in raised beds, I eat whole foods 75%, not processed, very little meat as well, and less as time goes on.

The recall from Jennie O if put into perspective, 130,000 lbs. @ roughly $1/lb or less in cost (estimated by me) is peanuts and not connected to this case. JMO

the family seems so set on hope and please bring her home. I sure hope they know more than we do that makes them so sure because it doesn't seem to be working. may just be the only thing they can do right now.

As someone just mentioned, I have always felt the Aunts initial plea for her to come home was as if they thought she willingly could. But their interviews conflict. In one interview they "have a lot of gut feelings" and in another interview they "have no idea". Confused, yes I imagine they are, but either they have suspicions or they dont. I think they do.
I have also felt as if the sheriff speaks as if he believes she is alive. He too says its 'hope', but then he also makes comments that makes me believe that he believes she is alive.
I feel like they all have a strong speculation of what happened, but without Jayme - and further proof, for now its all 50/50. moo.

This case is constantly on my mind and as we get closer to Christmas, my heart gets heavier and heavier as I try to figure this out.

It seems as if there are absolutely no leads, no DNA, no footprints - no NOTHING to go on. Frustrating and frightening at the same time.

We've heard none of the usual stuff when a young girl disappears (kidnapped by a man she met on the internet etc.). It seems Jayme was the intended target but why? I don't think it's payback for anything. If that was the case the parents would still be alive and the pain and emotion of a missing child would be the payback.

Human Trafficking - no. It doesn't fit the profile. Human traffickers don't kill people in the middle of the night to kidnap a teen and then "turn her out". That just doesn't happen. It doesn't.

Whoever did this, actually seems to have been pretty organized it seems to have not left much behind. Did they think about it and made sure they were well prepared? It almost seems that way.

I originally thought that it was a home invasion gone bad or methheads out of control but I think more evidence would have been found at the scene. This really appears NOT to be random.

All roads lead back to Jayme. Every time it comes back to Jayme. To kill 2 people in their home, in the middle of the night to kidnap a teen seems so over the top. I mean, I am sure there would have been opportunities to snatch her at other times. Why at home? Why kill her parents? I think the parents had to be killed because the parents knew the intruders. But again, it just seems excessive if you wanted to kidnap Jayme.

Could this be payback for another family member? I can't help but recall one person saying "their gut was telling them something" or something to that effect.

I also think there's more than 1 person involved. I think she was kept alive for awhile and may still be alive. I guess one can never assume that she's no longer with us when you hear about Jaycee Dugard, the Cleveland girls, Elizabeth Smart and many others. Predators seem to be perfecting ways to keep captives hidden almost in plain sight sometimes. Anything is possible, and in this case, I haven't crossed over to thinking that Jayme has been murdered as well as her parents.

I have more questions than answers and if I'm frustrated, I can't help but think LE is tearing their hair out over this one.

MOO

The doorbell on the side door seems very peculiar to me also . As mentioned in SM there could have been a tennent or someone the Closs family was helping by allowing them to stay in their house.
It baffled me a bit when the extended family went to the house after the crime and afterwards said that they were even more angry and it caused them to have more questions .
Did they notice that a room was possibly “ rented” or discover that another person could have also been living there?
Seriously, no one really knows what occurs within a household no matter how close you think you are with your siblings. How often was the extended family in the Closs house ? Jmo
SABBM

Re. the bolded portion : Interesting ! This is new to me.
Maybe they had a tenant they'd had to evict ?
And the tenant took a liking to Jayme ?

Well, I got up this morning and the first thing I read in the newspaper was the latest Jennie-O Turkey recall for Salmonella out of Faribault, Minn. Wonderful, right before Christmas. When people most likely have turkey! Then the article mentioned the turkey recall on Nov. 15, 2018 out of Barron, WI. Not good publicity for Jennie-O. Off topic (a bit)…..last night I turned on Nexflix and watched the documentary "The Innocent Man" based on the John Grisham book. WOW....what an eye opener for me!! True story of two murders the small town of Ada, OK (just like Barron, WI I've never heard of before). LE really blew it in the Ada, OK case. Which reminds me of the Steven Avery case in Manitowoc (?), WI. I believe LE may have someone of interest, but want to make sure they don't repeat any errors that the above cases did. They are waiting for that one link of evidence (DNA) or for someone to talk. I wish we knew the time line for James on that fateful day. No confirmation if James showed up for work, as the family said he did not attend the party because he had to work. So many questions.....

BBM
Nope, not at all. I grow all of my own produce organically in raised beds, I eat whole foods 75%, not processed, very little meat as well, and less as time goes on.

The recall from Jennie O if put into perspective, 130,000 lbs. @ roughly $1/lb or less in cost (estimated by me) is peanuts and not connected to this case. JMO
I agree that it's not related. Why would it be. Plus it is an issue industry wide not just Jenni O.

The shots could have easily been 20 minutes earlier and one of them, the mother I assume, was not dead. Either she played dead or she was so weak it took her 15 minutes to crawl to the phone.

I know of a woman when I was in high school, that lived after she was raped, the man shot her and left her for dead. If she didn't play dead, he would've undoubtedly shot her again. But she lived and he was arrested and convicted.

Unless the cops were cruising in the area, I still don't buy they could've got there in four minutes.

I have lived in NYC and Chicago and you can't get cops there that quick, but if they were right in the area by chance, then I could agree with it.
Sunday night/Monday morning a.m. in Barron, WI. Not much for LE to do... And, yes, they were close.

:eek: That intersection is 3/10 of a mile from their driveway!
It was in June. Why would this have anything to do with a girl being abducted and two people killed? The van driver was from NY. He crossed the center line, hit the semi. The semi driver was not responsible for the accident. It was 4:24 a.m. Most likely, the NY driver fell asleep.

The shots could have easily been 20 minutes earlier and one of them, the mother I assume, was not dead. Either she played dead or she was so weak it took her 15 minutes to crawl to the phone.

I know of a woman when I was in high school, that lived after she was raped, the man shot her and left her for dead. If she didn't play dead, he would've undoubtedly shot her again. But she lived and he was arrested and convicted.

Unless the cops were cruising in the area, I still don't buy they could've got there in four minutes.

I have lived in NYC and Chicago and you can't get cops there that quick, but if they were right in the area by chance, then I could agree with it.

If she were able to make the phone call 15 minutes after the killer(s) left, EMS would have transported her when they arrived. Even if she were dead 4 minutes later when help arrived, EMS transports unless there are obvious signs of death such as rigor or lividity (not in this case), or injuries incompatible with life. The fact that both adults were left in the home by EMS means that either EMS was incompetent or both adults had injuries incompatible with life.

SABBM

Re. the bolded portion : Interesting ! This is new to me.
Maybe they had a tenant they'd had to evict ?
And the tenant took a liking to Jayme ?
The house is so small, two bedrooms. On for Jayme and one for parents. Where would the tenant sleep? One the other hand I have been thinking that Jayme is about the youngest of all her cousins, could the perp be a friend or acquaintance of a cousin, someone who knows of Jayme and is known, at least by sight to her and her parents? Perhaps, someone who was spoken to by James and or Denise to please leave Jayme alone and this was not well received by the perp. A combination of revenge and purpose.

I use the Occam's Razor rule.

It is much more logical to me at this time of night all 3 victims were in bed most likely asleep. Jayme's phone was on charge. Imo she did this every night before going to bed.

Then out of the blue they hear a loud disturbance at their front door. Imo the man of the house (Jim) would approach the door first. Denise would be following close behind.

Imo one of them told Jayme do not come out for any reason until we tell you.

Jim approaches the door and is immediately shot and died instantly. Suspect sees Denise in the same general area and shoots her immediately killing her.

Imo Denise grabbed her phone from the night table before going to door with Jim. She calls 911 but is shot and killed before dispatcher could answer.

Suspect would know 911 had been called when dispatcher tried to call back.

He quickly makes Jayme come out from where she was hiding. She is yelling for someone to help her and that is what is being overheard on the enchanced 911 call.

The odds of a captive victim being alive after other family members have been murdered is almost nil. At the moment I can only think of one or 2 cases and one is when Joe Duncan brought Shasta back to her hometown after murdering her mom..her mom's boyfriend..her 13 year old brother inside of their home and while the 2 were kidnapped he murdered her 11 year old brother...Dylan.

The odds of survival goes way down when murders of family members have already taken place before the suspect leaves with the captive child or children.

The suspect knows Jayme can tell what happened and can ID who did it. She would be a liability if he held her captive and whoever this is knows that. This is why so many eye witnesss are murdered including those who have been kidnapped.

As much as I want to believe Jayme is alive and one day will be saved..I am also a realist so sadly I do believe Jayme was most likely murdered shortly after she was taken.

Imo

That makes about the most sense of what’s been deduced... only thing u left out was door kicked in...but that really doesn’t matter

She’s like gone which is brutal and if it’s like Ohio family, They will never talk ... clan of 10 inbreed hillbillies killed 8 ... not a word in 2 years..

Biggest hope is the perps involved ex girlfriend or somebody they piss off will talk ..

The house is so small, two bedrooms. On for Jayme and one for parents. Where would the tenant sleep? One the other hand I have been thinking that Jayme is about the youngest of all her cousins, could the perp be a friend or acquaintance of a cousin, someone who knows of Jayme and is known, at least by sight to her and her parents? Perhaps, someone who was spoken to by James and or Denise to please leave Jayme alone and this was not well received by the perp. A combination of revenge and purpose.

You hear about same above story and 2 local stories again and again...

Foster child they helped was involved with jayme.. told to leave we don’t like our child dating 20 ye olds

Or

Drug addict they helped ... they pissed off boyfriend and he snapped...

Here’s the main problem through nobody’s fault... they didn’t know cars till day 7... that gave perp 7 days to realize what a mistake he made and Jayme is long gone...bottom of lake or quarry..

I think they are building case on perp they know... also think perps family knows..

I don’t see how she is alive ... only way that makes a bit of sense is the perp has relative willing to keep her alive as a favor... or an abandon cabin ... that seems reach..

The cars were relatively new... does anyone know if u have satellite radio.. will it track.. even if unsubscribed?? Does it track movements??

Statistically, you all are right. The chances of Jayme being alive are slim at best.

However, I don’t see any benefit in us believing she is gone, or any benefit to her family. I want volunteers and interested parties to stay hopeful, and keep seeking her. As long as no earthly remains have been recovered, there is hope.

I’m holding on to that, and not giving up the idea that she will return to the surviving members of her family, and her much loved pooch.

Holding on.

Maybe Jayme was not the target.
The killer must have seen two cars parked in the driveway. If he knew the owners, this was a planned killing of Denise and James. They were the targets or, at least, one was. It would be a perfect time and place for their murders. As more unravels, maybe this will turn out to not be the All-American family.

Happened in June. No relation to the crime that I can see.

I think in fact it could be related. It was "near the intersection" that is 3/10 of a mile from their house, and in the 1300 block so in fact west of the intersection - nearer than 3/10 of a mile. It could have been in their front yard. They certainly could have been witnesses. There was a fatality, which can mean a lawsuit, and with a commercial driver, a lot of money at stake.

Last edited:
The dispatcher sent 3 units. All marked dispatched at the same time(computer-00:56:01) and signaled onscene at the same time(their mobiles or verbal to dispatch-01:00:09).

Is that a typo or where did you see 1:00:09? I see 1:00:29 in the dispatch log.

So they likely started at the same place (the station perhaps) and got there at the same time. Given Google maps shows this trip takes 5 minutes, this is not a reach.

5 minutes in normal traffic. At night, not a shift change, little to no traffic - easy to do in 4 1/2 without even trying.

Dispatch generally knows who is closest -- these response times are not unusual.

Doesn't seem unusual to me either. They lived 1 mile from the edge of the town that's the county seat!

There is definitely something rotten in Barron at the Jennie-O Turkey Store. This is just too coinky-dinky-hinky IMHO. Some folks may say this is not uncommon and the price of doing food business, but I disagree. I don’t know what, but I think there is some connection to this murder and abduction. Foodstuff contaminated with salmonella can irreparably damage a producer, and affect the livlihood of hundreds of people. What in the world is going on there??

Romaine. Cauliflower. And so many different things in the past.

There is definitely something rotten in Barron at the Jennie-O Turkey Store. This is just too coinky-dinky-hinky IMHO. Some folks may say this is not uncommon and the price of doing food business, but I disagree. I don’t know what, but I think there is some connection to this murder and abduction. Foodstuff contaminated with salmonella can irreparably damage a producer, and affect the livlihood of hundreds of people. What in the world is going on there??

Is there something that states it is from Barron?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay