AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
going on the jaymie running away from the crime idea. she could run and fear could make her run faster.
have they told all people up there to check all their coyote traps and bear traps? horrible if she would have run and got stuck in one of them. she could have gotten several miles

Witness scratch

Now I’m really perplexed, a horse in a hot air balloon
What - this is the first time you've seen a horse on a hot air balloon? You really need to get out of your house more often.

Right now, someone somewhere is composing a complex theory involving horses, hot air balloons, chupacabras and the Lindberg baby. Coming to Reddit in 5,4,3...

Here's a better image -

missing-jayme-closs-03-ap-rc-181023_hpEmbed_17x11_992.jpg

I didn't zoom in any closer, as I didn't want to cross the yellow tape, but that is absolutely a gravel drive.

Yup.

And there are tire tracks. Maybe by some miracle a track is left for them to anlayze

I'm not following you here. Why doesn't it make sense to you that straight into a vehicle and *poof* gone down the highway is the fastest way outta Dodge? Occam's Razor and all. On the other hand, why would you go through the woods in the dark with a likely shoeless Jayme in tow? It would keep you in the general vicinity long after LE show up, and you still need a way to get out of the area. Is the car parked somewhere else? Hot air balloon? I dunno.
BBM
Wow, that's a little harsh IMO.

Maybe the vehicle might be well known to the Closs family or in the area and the perp(s) wouldn't want it parked there?

It still looks like gravel over asphalt to me....LOL !.....

I honestly can't tell from the pictures if it's gravel, or old blacktop, or old blacktop with embedded gravel. (I think that's what you mean by "gravel over asphalt"?) In pictures in general it doesn't look like a picture-perfect home was their priority, as long as it was functional all is good. So I can add something about functionality. When I lived in urban areas I thought paved roads were best, and some rural roads are gravel because they are cheap. But when I lived up in the northland I learned that in icy winter conditions, gravel roads are a LOT better than paved ones. At least 6 months of the year I'd avoid the paved roads and take those gravel township roads as much as possible. The Closs driveway appears to have somewhat of a hill. If that was nice pretty blacktop, they'd be at high risk of sliding out onto the highway when they tried to pull out! Some kind of rough surface would be much more functional.

BBM
Wow, that's a little harsh IMO.

Maybe the vehicle might be well known to the Closs family or in the area and the perp(s) wouldn't want it parked there?
I think he was just trying to bring a little humor to a frustrating horrible crime that is bugging all of us.........It beats the heck out of my usual Space Alien Abduction fallback theory.

Never understood why not look back way to walk half mile away... drive truck or jeep to atv trails ..... if your local u likely know backways to a lot places...dog tracker would seem good start but not foolproof..

I am not sure what people think woods are like.They are not beautifully groomed trails. There are rocks, vegetation, uneven surfaces and branches that hit you in the eyes, for instance. Walking through the woods at night without a powerful flashlight would be just about impossible. Maybe if you brought your hatchet to clear brush as you walked along

Last edited:
I honestly can't tell from the pictures if it's gravel, or old blacktop, or old blacktop with embedded gravel. (I think that's what you mean by "gravel over asphalt"?) In pictures in general it doesn't look like a picture-perfect home was their priority, as long as it was functional all is good. So I can add something about functionality. When I lived in urban areas I thought paved roads were best, and some rural roads are gravel because they are cheap. But when I lived up in the northland I learned that in icy winter conditions, gravel roads are a LOT better than paved ones. At least 6 months of the year I'd avoid the paved roads and take those gravel township roads as much as possible. The Closs driveway appears to have somewhat of a hill. If that was nice pretty blacktop, they'd be at high risk of sliding out onto the highway when they tried to pull out! Some kind of rough surface would be much more functional.

Paving is expensive. I lived on a gravel road or actually we called it a dirt road in MN. We liked it because people did not drive as fast on a dirt road.

We were always last priority to get plowed out so maybe the big tires of the brave truck driving guys who must go out in a storm make the road not as slick as a plowed road. But I never noticed any difference. The blacktop roads melted. Dirt does not,

1. Yes, there are railroad lines, small trails, farm drives, etc. in the area immediately and to the North and East behind the house. There is also a larger North/South highway to the East and Northeast. This is the area that was searched in the second search which was the large 2,ooo people search....... The first search was around 200 people searching West along the Highway 8 ditches from the Closs house to the Turtle Lake area........... No search was ever done going to the East toward town, because LE came from that direction to the Closs home, and passed no one going East at the time of the crime..... I know of no LE shown interest in searching to the South....... I think that is the direction she was taken at this time.....MOO
Still catching up today. And am i remembering correctly there were only two searches done? Both with the public’s help? Two searches seems really minimal but I’m sure LE has their reasons for this.

I thought it's just a place where there's room for 2000 vehicles to park. They drove to search areas.

Here's an example I found quickly. "Volunteers are conducting a grid search of the area surrounding the Closs home on Highway 8 in Barron. They are searching nearby fields and woods, as well as any outdoor structures that are open." 2,000 volunteers join expanded search for missing Wisconsin teen Jayme Closs

There were interviews with people on the scene. I specifically remember, but can't locate a citation for you, someone who said they started on the east-west road north of the Closs home and searched in a line south the the creek.

I am not sure what people think woods are like.They are not beautifully groomed trails. There are rocks, vegetation, uneven surfaces and branches that hit you in the eyes, for instance. Walking through the woods at night without a powerful flashlight would be just about impossible. Maybe if you brought your hatchet to clear brush as you walked along

Where I grew up there was atv/woods/backroads that would always get to same place paved roads would...

You can look at large atv map... I don’t know Barron ... but I’m guessing u get to green atv trail u could take it even in jeep?? Narrow truck... it’s not ideal but if u wanna skip cameras likely less on atv trails then highway.

Here’s a map... I’d need help ... mapping Closs house then atv trail closest... then is it accessible through clean area. Not dense overgrowth ... again I don’t know what’s around the house..

http://www.co.barron.wi.us/misc docs/maps/atv routes and trails.pdf

Paving is expensive. I lived on a gravel road or actually we called it a dirt road in MN. We liked it because people did not drive as fast on a dirt road.

I went faster on the gravel roads. :) Where I lived (central Wisconsin) roads are a mile apart so you get used to how far a mile is. After a road you speed up and you slow down again when you get to the next road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thamert.ellie