AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with your assessment re: not random. The cars in the driveway certainly signal that more than one adult is present, and extended family could live there.

It also is perplexing that it appears Jayme didn't struggle, but there are no directions on how to act in such a situation.
The females in my family circle have been told to fight, scream, claw, whatever; because once in the vehicle they are probably dead. Have thought of giving them the book "When Violence is the Answer" when they graduate HS.

It still looks like gravel over asphalt to me....LOL !..... I don't think it really matters in this case either way....MOO.......... I am beginning to think someone pulled off the possibly perfect "hit and run" crime....MOO

Here's a better image -

missing-jayme-closs-03-ap-rc-181023_hpEmbed_17x11_992.jpg

I didn't zoom in any closer, as I didn't want to cross the yellow tape, but that is absolutely a gravel drive.

LOL at "didn't want to cross the yellow tape." :D

Excellent image; thanks. If only we could lift that yellow tape a little! ;) We had something that was similar to "gravel over asphalt" that @cody22 describes when I lived in rural Texas in middle school. That makes much more sense to me.

LOL at "didn't want to cross the yellow tape." :D

Excellent image; thanks. If only we could lift that yellow tape a little! ;) We had something that was similar to "gravel over asphalt" that @cody22 describes when I lived in rural Texas in middle school. That makes much more sense to me.
We still do that on small country roads and country driveways here in Texas....LOL !

Admittedly it’s been awhile since I followed this thread regularly so I’ve missed a lot of discussion, so feel free to point out flaws in my thinking. Just my thoughts but I think this was a completely random crime carried out by people just passing through or who just got off the four lane highway outside of town, high on drugs or just awful people.
If someone in the family was targeted I feel like LE would have found that connection by now.
If Jayme was spirited away by someone obsessed with her and she is being held somewhere, I think LE would have found that person and Jayme by now. It’s a very small town, everybody would know the odd behaving people, LE would have checked them all out.
If Jayme was part of this and ran off with someone, her social media footprint would be screaming this fact. We would have a suspect and in my opinion they would have been found by now.
Sadly I think Jayme was taken as the killer(s) realized her mother had called 911 and they had to get out quickly. Why didn’t they kill her is the big question. Did they run out of ammunition? It is likely in my opinion she is no longer alive but there’s always hope.
So in a nutshell, I think this is a thrill killing or perhaps a spur of the moment robbery attempt, committed by strangers unknown to the family or the people in the area. It will be hard to solve. Hopefully someone will talk.

Excellent opinion about this unsolved case. It's very much based in logic and common sense imo. ITA

I think some feel safer somehow if they believe certain victims were specifically target by someone they knew. I do understand that thought process. It gives a false sense of security thinking it won't and can't ever happen to them or those they love.

However since I have been an ID junkie for many years now I am very well aware it can and it does happen perhaps far more often than some may think.

Watching ID from day one of its inception through the present time has opened my eyes wide about how many strangers have victimized very good people with horrendous results for the families /victims.

Some of the most brutal overkills have been done by complete strangers and countless times their multiple victims were known as very good people/families.

Imo. We often ask ourselves 'why does it seem very bad things always seem to happen to very good people?'

The tragic answer is it's because there are so many very bad people out there too who want to do very bad evil acts against totally innocent victims. It doesnt matter if they know their victims or not.

In many instances the good families who became victims had no idea anyone was even planning to do such horrific violent acts against any them for the suspects were complete strangers to the victims.

How can anyone protect themselves if they dont even know the evildoers exist? The most frightening thing is in truth...they can't.

If Jim had known his family was being targeted he would have come to the door heavily armed with a loaded and ready to fire weapon instead of being defenseless with no way to protect himself and his family.. It's all so sad.

Jmo

Last edited:
It doesn't appear so. No horseshoe marks, either. :) But now that this has been brought up, I thought there was mention that the dog(s) lost Jayme's scent at "the end of the driveway". Maybe they didn't pull all the way into the driveway?
maybe she did bolt out a door and was caught up to at the end of the driveway. I had pictured her bolting toward wooded area, but could have run toward road hopeing for a car to come by and help.

maybe she did bolt out a door and was caught up to at the end of the driveway. I had pictured her bolting toward wooded area, but could have run toward road hopeing for a car to come by and help.
I think the dogs lost a strong "Jayme scent trail" at the end of the driveway because that is where she got on and off her School Bus lots of days.

she could still be right there somewhere. what would it hurt for them to do a search with more than a dog in the near by area, just out from the house area. maybe they have and I haven't seen it. I know they used dogs but as a double check human eyes couldn't hurt.

she could still be right there somewhere. what would it hurt for them to do a search with more than a dog in the near by area, just out from the house area. maybe they have and I haven't seen it. I know they used dogs but as a double check human eyes couldn't hurt.
I remember them using dogs, drones, and helicopters with thermal imaging, in the first week of the crime, in the immediate areas around the home.

I just keep thinking how far a small kid can end up when lost, some that I have read about go miles in a short amount of time. a older kid, and one that ran in cross country, could in fear run aimlessly and more distance and end up just as lost as a toddler. they have used so much tech to look around for her, they also conducted large searches with people. if the tech was fail proof then why use people other places. at worse they would have time invested and at best they might find something if they used people in a grid search near her home.

We've really concentrated on the highway and the front yard, etc. Is there a road behind the house? Or trails? Also, what area was searched in the 2000 person search? Was it near the home? I don't remember the parameters.
On google maps it looks like there are trails in the property behind the house. There are also train tracks and some kind of creek running in the area behind the property.

We've really concentrated on the highway and the front yard, etc. Is there a road behind the house? Or trails? Also, what area was searched in the 2000 person search? Was it near the home? I don't remember the parameters.
To the rear is 1000' of woods, then railroad tracks, then like another 1/2 mile through private property (farm). Just driving out of the driveway and down the highway makes much more sense. The search was at a place called Hungry Hollow. It's five miles due north of Barron off route 25 at 19th ave. No idea why there.

1. Yes, there are railroad lines, small trails, farm drives, etc. in the area immediately and to the North and East behind the house. There is also a larger North/South highway to the East and Northeast. This is the area that was searched in the second search which was the large 2,ooo people search....... The first search was around 200 people searching West along the Highway 8 ditches from the Closs house to the Turtle Lake area........... No search was ever done going to the East toward town, because LE came from that direction to the Closs home, and passed no one going East at the time of the crime..... I know of no LE shown interest in searching to the South....... I think that is the direction she was taken at this time.....MOO

Agreed gun at your head your gonna do what they say.. I would just think.. u don’t know them there refusing to go further than 5 ft ... you’d freeze or hide with the dog...

If she knew them maybe explains it.. but if she just heard parents executed... I’d buy bolting out door... to catatonic walk outside closing glass door and getting in car...
You know, we've all mentioned a lot about both the front door and patio door. There is a third option. Even though we have a somewhat reasonable idea of the layout of the house, the one wildcard is the basement stairs. I touched on this in my first post here. If the area next to Jayme's bedroom (to the west) is an alcove, there's a possibility that's where the stairs are. It's just another potential route out of the house. I also wonder if Jim's guns were in the basement.

To the rear is 1000' of woods, then railroad tracks, then like another 1/2 mile through private property (farm). Just driving out of the driveway and down the highway makes much more sense. The search was at a place called Hungry Hollow. It's five miles due north of Barron off route 25 at 19th ave. No idea why there.

Makes no more sense to me to initially drive down the highway. Park on the side of the highway and go in and shoot up occupants and take a girl. That makes no sense to me. Coming in and leaving thru the back makes just as much sense. Especially if one of those back roads eventually comes out on the highway or a main road. And if they weren't going very far. I think every possibility of escape should be checked out. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thamert.ellie