AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skid marks on connecting roads like this are everywhere. I don’t think perp would just stop and do a power lock and see how far he/she could do a burnout.
Moo
However, there was a spin out mark in the Vlosses yard on the grass as someone else had just mentioned that could very well be from perp. But we still don’t know if perp came in car or by horse at this time.

I thought it was established that the tire marks were from le when they drove THE van over to the deck to retrieve the bodies. Just remember reading that here not sure if it is actual fact.
I was referring to the skid marks on Highway 8 at the beginning of the driveway, not the tire marks in the grass that have been attributed to the van at the deck.
I want to know if the skid marks could be from a car slowing suddenly to turn into the driveway and were the two loud noises the neighbors heard from backfires as the car slowed suddenly. OR are they the kind of skid marks a souped up hot rod (pardon my terminology, I am not really up on the latest) would make as it peels away. In both instances it makes me think that the car/truck/atv was a standard shift.

Skid marks on connecting roads like this are everywhere. I don’t think perp would just stop and do a power lock and see how far he/she could do a burnout.
Moo
However, there was a spin out mark in the Vlosses yard on the grass as someone else had just mentioned that could very well be from perp. But we still don’t know if perp came in car or by horse at this time.
The skid marks I am referring to had a sort of hook pattern at the end closest to the end of the driveway. Thank you Evinrude, but what I am looking for were not straight like skid marks.

I was referring to the skid marks on Highway 8 at the beginning of the driveway, not the tire marks in the grass that have been attributed to the van at the deck.
I want to know if the skid marks could be from a car slowing suddenly to turn into the driveway and were the two loud noises the neighbors heard from backfires as the car slowed suddenly. OR are they the kind of skid marks a souped up hot rod (pardon my terminology, I am not really up on the latest) would make as it peels away. In both instances it makes me think that the car/truck/atv was a standard shift.
Those skid marks you are referring to are not in front of the Closses. Some random connecting road as you can tell that the road ends at top of pic. The marks you see are from a power lock, meaning accelerating from a dead stop, not braking.

The skid marks I am referring to had a sort of hook pattern at the end closest to the end of the driveway. Thank you Evinrude, but what I am looking for were not straight like skid marks.
A “hook” pattern would be from holding the brake, accelerating with the tires spinning faster than the actual speed of car. The hook is from performing a “Rockford”. Car in reverse going maybe ten mph, then shifting to drive after revving car up in neutral or with the clutch in and then accelerating forward. Hook is from misalignment of trajectory from reverse to forward. Don’t ask me how I know this but I know it very week from experience.

A “hook” pattern would be from holding the brake, accelerating with the tires spinning faster than the actual speed of car. The hook is from performing a “Rockford”. Car in reverse going maybe ten mph, then shifting to drive after revving car up in neutral or with the clutch in and then accelerating forward. Hook is from misalignment of trajectory from reverse to forward. Don’t ask me how I know this but I know it very week from experience.
Thank you Evinrude !! Wonder why that pattern is at the end of their driveway. Still want to know if they look fresh in the google view. Takes a standard transmission, right?

This skid mark is from applying brake pressure, revving engine while in gear and holding brake, the “hook” pattern is from turning wheel slightly on way while accelerating. Rear wheels are traveling at maybe 60 mph while car is actually traveling at maybe 20 at the end of the skid mark as the rear wheels are catching up to ( more like slowing down) to actual vehicle speed.
Thank you Evinrude !! Wonder why that pattern is at the end of their driveway. Still want to know if they look fresh in the google view. Takes a standard transmission, right?
no, this is not at the front of their driveway.
Automatic tranny works just as well as standard tyranny while performing a burnout.
This video is from a low powered truck that doesn’t have a “posi” rear end which is why it only leaves one skid mark instead of two.

The photo of skid mark from link, if you notice, says 16th street. Go to google maps. It is south west of the Closses about 6 miles via bird. That is where 16th heeds to a stop.
Hey 8 does not heed to a row of trees anywhere which would make you navigate either left or right.
Not sure why Photograph was taken as it throwing some people off on here.
I debunked it the first day I saw it.

Sounds about right. I live within 5 miles of county seat. While during peak times a response could be slow due to units being busy, something like this close to town would get a similar response at 1am Monday morning. That's a very quiet time for LE in most places.

The response to this call was very good, I think.

One of our grandsons is a Sgt. with our sheriff's department. The city has around 13k but our county is one of the largest per acreage in our state. Lots of ground to cover for our deputies at any given time.

Our county population is approximately 50K. I believe the county population in this case is 45k so similar in population of my county.

Since the deputies work 3 months on days and 3 months on the night shift rotating throughout the year he has often told us there is much more serious criminal activity after dark and in the middle of the night.

Some even prefer working the night shift since they are busier. During the day it mostly consists of shoplifting at our super Walmart or other large stores.

At night the drunks are on the road more or those with drugs either driving while using or trafficking drugs.

Many times domestic violence cases happened later in the day or night and robberies of stores who stay open all night. Home invasions also happen at night even though some have been in the middle of the day.

We rarely have any murders in our county but we have had suicides. Of course they have to determine if the death was a suicide so multiple deputies and detectives can be at a scene for many hours.

I dont know how they operate in this county but I would think it would be similar. They are only allowed to get so many breaks to get coffee or a quick bite to eat on their 12 hour shift but other than those all deputies are constantly out in their vehicles continuing to ride the roads in their designated areas or are at a scene where criminal activity has occurred.

There often is more than one deputy in close proximity patrolling the same general area. If they hear on their radio that they are immediately needed at a certain location several will quickly arrive at the scene.

No one enters the location until they have adequate back up since it can be very dangerous time for them.

No matter where they were patrolling in the county they arrive very quickly within minutes. Police vehicles have modified engines designed to travel at very high speeds when necessary.

They are always on stand by even if off duty or changing shifts back at headquarters. Those also can be directed to a certain location if back up is needed.

So while some seem to think the police arent traveling the roads at night as much as they do in the day just didnt happen to see them but they are always out there trying to keep their citizens in their communities safe.

So them arriving quickly at this scene is consistent when it happens elsewhere.

Jmo

Last edited:
I just think the evidence, in this case, is there appears to be no evidence left behind. If there is no evidence LE can't share it.

Your right...to an extent..

If your main goal that night is to kidnap a 13 yr old girl ... that’s your obsession..correct??

Would you really shoot multiple weapons into that house and risk killing her also..?
The only reason you shoot who you did and how you did...is you know house?? Or know jayme is confirmed nowhere near bullet trajectory... correct ?? I mean there pulling bullets out of kitchen chairs...how do you not worrry that could hit jayme ??

Only thing we’re aware of is bullets and unplanned for 911 call..

Police won’t allow brothers / sisters to hear 911 call ... wouldn’t this say a lot...

I also think you can read a lot in what they likely have but don’t share..

Toxicology report James / Denise.
Last 12 hours of 3 individual before death/kidnapping.. greater detail.. text / calls...Detail map of house where bodies were found...

I think if they share it all... you’d see build up with POI and arrows pointing towards a series of arguments that got out of hand..

Only thing making this hard to see is jaymes age ...

Somebody thought jayme was theirs or there duty to protect her....

Admittedly it’s been awhile since I followed this thread regularly so I’ve missed a lot of discussion, so feel free to point out flaws in my thinking. Just my thoughts but I think this was a completely random crime carried out by people just passing through or who just got off the four lane highway outside of town, high on drugs or just awful people.
If someone in the family was targeted I feel like LE would have found that connection by now.
If Jayme was spirited away by someone obsessed with her and she is being held somewhere, I think LE would have found that person and Jayme by now. It’s a very small town, everybody would know the odd behaving people, LE would have checked them all out.
If Jayme was part of this and ran off with someone, her social media footprint would be screaming this fact. We would have a suspect and in my opinion they would have been found by now.
Sadly I think Jayme was taken as the killer(s) realized her mother had called 911 and they had to get out quickly. Why didn’t they kill her is the big question. Did they run out of ammunition? It is likely in my opinion she is no longer alive but there’s always hope.
So in a nutshell, I think this is a thrill killing or perhaps a spur of the moment robbery attempt, committed by strangers unknown to the family or the people in the area. It will be hard to solve. Hopefully someone will talk.

Admittedly it’s been awhile since I followed this thread regularly so I’ve missed a lot of discussion, so feel free to point out flaws in my thinking. Just my thoughts but I think this was a completely random crime carried out by people just passing through or who just got off the four lane highway outside of town, high on drugs or just awful people.
If someone in the family was targeted I feel like LE would have found that connection by now.
If Jayme was spirited away by someone obsessed with her and she is being held somewhere, I think LE would have found that person and Jayme by now. It’s a very small town, everybody would know the odd behaving people, LE would have checked them all out.
If Jayme was part of this and ran off with someone, her social media footprint would be screaming this fact. We would have a suspect and in my opinion they would have been found by now.
Sadly I think Jayme was taken as the killer(s) realized her mother had called 911 and they had to get out quickly. Why didn’t they kill her is the big question. Did they run out of ammunition? It is likely in my opinion she is no longer alive but there’s always hope.
So in a nutshell, I think this is a thrill killing or perhaps a spur of the moment robbery attempt, committed by strangers unknown to the family or the people in the area. It will be hard to solve. Hopefully someone will talk.

I tend to believe this was a targeted attack - either for Jayme or against one or both of the parents and Jayme's abduction was simply a byproduct. However, with so little evidence a random crime such as this I believe cannot be ruled out.

A DIRECT connection I believe would definitely be known not long after the crime. Because LE hasn't found one makes me think it is a completely random crime like your scenario or it is someone with a grudge for some perceived or imagined wrong targeting the family. Something that exists only in the mind of the murderer and not shared with anyone else. Of course, there is another factor where a direct connection could be made. It was recent and none of the family had told anyone yet for any number of reasons. But LE wouldn't know about it because the person or persons with the knowledge of that recent connection are either dead or missing.

No tire marks here -

barron2.jpg

And unless they were using a '58 Belvedere as a getaway car, things like anti-lock brakes and traction control make leaving rubber on the pavement something you generally have to try and intentionally do - even in something like a Dodge Demon. I wouldn't think someone would leave very little evidence at a crime scene and then choose to leave a tire calling card, ya know?

FBI does this 24/7 for living and they weren’t certain...I’d bet your angle is one of the possibilities...

I don’t believe it’s random.. with 2 cars in driveway visible.. you’d have no idea 2 or 6 people inside.. guns or no guns..

Rhoden murders it took them 2 years with 5x the evidence... were 90 days in..

Police said no struggle from jayme...
Only way I would believe quick robbery is if perp totally messed up first 10 seconds... can’t kick door in .. James grabs gun barrel and plan is screwed from there..

Still think perp knew house... they have POI or two and they need relationship to dissolve to get break or someone to talk..xmas message was basically...narc on your friend or brother.. u know they did it....

Could be wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member