AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at how many people get caught trying to cross the border after they commit a crime. They don't care about the future, just getting away from the police. It can take years to extradite someone.
Plus they aren't immigrating. Their just trying to hide out until they can move on.

What do they do for money for food and a job?

Perhaps extraditing a criminal with a fancy lawyer and a ton of money takes time. But someone with no income? How do they live?

Lot? I bought a car from a lot once. But mostly private parties. And if she bought the car recently, from a private party, there's another person she might have contact with.
True, but consider that it's been 2 1/2 months since the 'event', and who knows how long she had the white Edge before that. It's still in the system today as a black Toyota. *shrug*

What do they do for money for food and a job?

Perhaps extraditing a criminal with a fancy lawyer and a ton of money takes time. But someone with no income? How do they live?
Who the hell knows?! Do you not think criminals try to cross borders to escape the police? I didn't even say I thought the killer was trying to cross the border! I responded to someone who did that it would be good to keep an eye out.

I am shocked. I thought there was a law that an ordinary citizen cannot access the DMV to get info on people. I thought it was to protect women in domestic violence situations so abusers could not find them,

Wow. That is scary that anyone can look at your car in Wisconsin and find out who you are.

In the Closs case, it could have been someone that saw them in a parking lot one time . That freaks me out!

I am shocked. I thought there was a law that an ordinary citizen cannot access the DMV to get info on people. I thought it was to protect women in domestic violence situations so abusers could not find them,

Wow. That is scary that anyone can look at your car in Wisconsin and find out who you are.

In the Closs case, it could have been someone that saw them in a parking lot one time . That freaks me out!
I found a site last week that has all of Denise and James' info on it from phone numbers to a long list of past addresses and her current one. All I did was google her name.

Correction. I believe I googled the address.

Any proof that James owned firearms or was that merely speculation

The sheriff said James' guns were found in the home.

because I don’t know anyone with a conceal and carry permit who doesn’t keep at least a handgun on their person or within reach in case of emergency.

Did he have a concealed carry permit?

Any further information on why mom was scared at workplace? TIA!

Rumor, as far as I know.

car tag laws vary state to state. freaks me out too!

Who in the name of God came up with this crazy idea to raffle guns just to raise some funds? Sheriff Fitzgerald talks about it nonchalantly as if they are raffling off boxes of chocolates - astonishing! Do we know who actually won these weapons in the raffle draw?

Gun raffles are very common in WI. If you win one, you have to go though a background check before you actually get it.

Wisconsin DMV allows you to check license plates...I did this on the plates that were on the call log. The plate number listed for Denise's car does not match the car in the driveway. Plate switch or typo? Or nothing????

After reading the responses to your question (above), that is puzzling. Hopefully, the authorities are on it, and if Denise’s car was a new purchase, where and when has been examined.

Following true crime, there is that awful case with Charles Ng. I only bring it up here because of the causal manner the Dubs first met him (they were selling video equipment and that’s how Ng and his accomplice first encountered them). Looking at the circle of acquaintances with Jayme or her parents, it could be a neutral first encounter with the parents that triggered the suspect(s). JMO.

I found a site last week that has all of Denise and James' info on it from phone numbers to a long list of past addresses and her current one. All I did was google her name.

Yes. But you would have to know her name.

In MN, women who are escaping domestic violence get all kinds of protections. Or they did. Their names are not in the DMV, They can get new identities. They can have all traces of their address not available.

I only know this as I had families , as a teacher, who were escaping domestic violence.

I had all kinds of paperwork with instructions that I had to follow. We had permission slips for anyone coming to take pictures for any reason. That included parents coming for a Christmas program. Some children over the years could not be in pictures even if it was a group photo.

Anyone who took a fancy to Denise or Jayme could then figure out who they are by looking up their car license plate, wow! Someone needs to change that.

Gun raffles are very common in WI. If you win one, you have to go though a background check before you actually get it.

Gymnastics teams are even doing that in the South (lottery tickets toward a chance at winning a gun). Or you can win half a cow, packaged and ready to enter your garage freezer. I think it is odd, but it seems to work as a fund raiser. I would rather just give them a donation, but that is the reality.

True, but consider that it's been 2 1/2 months since the 'event', and who knows how long she had the white Edge before that. It's still in the system today as a black Toyota. *shrug*

If you do the registration in person, in Wisconsin, it goes in the computer system immediately. And they print out the title and hand it to you immediately.
I'm not sure if you have to do the registration in person. I always have.
I'm not saying it's legal. But its a possibility, that someone would buy a vehicle, not get around to transferring the title, and stick their old plates on it so they were unapt to get pulled over.
Can anyone find a photo where they are able to make out the plate number and see if it's copied wrong?

Yup. The owner owns the plate. If you buy a car, and you have a plate from a car of the same class that you aren't using, you can put it on the new car. This is something you tell them when you go in to transfer the title.
I understand how it should work and what is legal, but does a car ever get sold and someone forget to take the tags off? I know tags here can not be transferred between people, but I have bought a car and for whatever reason, unknown reason to me, it still had previous owners plates on it. I have also been a unwilling party to someone tradeing plates with me. I haven't got to look yet, but does it show the closs name attached to the plates or just a car type?

car tag laws vary state to state. freaks me out too!

Why? In Wisconsin you paid for the plate for a year, it is yours for a year. If you don't keep the car you can use it on a different car. If you sell the car, you keep the plate.
In Minnesota the plate stays on the car. If you sell the car the plate & registration go with it.
It's confusing when you live in one and buy a car in the other. :)

I believe the first garage sale listing I found for the Closs address was 2013. I just found another one that is dated Sept. 22, 2012. Both were listed as multi-family. It looks like the family got together and used James and Denise's house for garage sales in the past. I wonder if they did that recently?

I didn't check it and have no idea but, in Wisconsin the plate stays with the owner, when you change cars. If she had recently gotten a new car it could be the plate matches the old one.
In Indiana the owner keeps the plate too. The plate I currently have one one of my cars has been used on three different vehicles. Lease a car, trade it in, keep the plate for the new car. Repeat.

You have 30 days after purchasing a vehicle to go to the BMV and register the plate to your new vehicle.

Why? In Wisconsin you paid for the plate for a year, it is yours for a year. If you don't keep the car you can use it on a different car. If you sell the car, you keep the plate.
In Minnesota the plate stays on the car. If you sell the car the plate & registration go with it.
It's confusing when you live in one and buy a car in the other. :)

that it can be looked up by the public is what freaks me out. I understand the legal transfer of tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heartishome