AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wisconsin DMV or just Google it. Sorry I missed what you were asking.
I just thought it was strange and wanted to know if anyone else had seen it and what they thought. I wondered if it could be a typo. Just thought it odd.

Sorry to be so dense, but I need some help finding it. Here's the DMV website I found that looks official: Wisconsin DMV Official Government Site - Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) information

What do I click on to look up the plate number? Thanks, sorry to be such a bother. :)

I don’t know what all they can tell.. but I would guess they know how many steps were taken from Denise waking up till time it came to rest....

https://gizmodo.com/all-the-ways-your-smartphone-and-its-apps-can-track-you-1821213704
That is fascinating. I just thought LE inferred the phone's location because it was Denise's phone and she was probably in bed and then moved to the living room. I had no idea they would know she could move 10 feet from her bedroom to the living room just because they knew she walked ten feet with her phone. JMO

Just a feeling ... they knew who was in house..

Also knew there 3 miles away from
Cops...and still said let’s go..

Could be wrong and it was just to get to the girl...or just drug dealers pissed off.. or an epically bad robbery..

It could be that, of course, a bad drug deal. It could be someone known to them was high on meth, who decided this was a good crime to commit, with a motive unrelated to anything to do with drugs. Taking off with Jayme does make me lean toward a personal motive, but who can tell, without more information and substantiation from LE. I doubt Sheriff Fitzgerald would be so bold, with only suspicion, to comment on that angle. We will see. Night all, and I will say, for a case going on this long, plenty of interest is still here. #bringjaymehome

Cameron again. So jayme’s aunt, her old school, the two girls, and the cleared panty thief (just mentioning not talking about him). Cameron is east of Barron though as far as I can tell. It’s an interesting angle.

I agree that LE is looking west of Barron as they did ask for surveillance camera footage on US 8 between Barron and the town to the west—but no requests (that I could find) between Barron and Cameron.

Yup. The owner owns the plate. If you buy a car, and you have a plate from a car of the same class that you aren't using, you can put it on the new car. This is something you tell them when you go in to transfer the title.
That is so squirrely. How do the LEO in Wisconsin know when they're following a stolen car?

First page where it says Search Wisconsin DOT and has that box enter lisc. number.
No bother, it's really not obvious.

I found it! Thank you so much. Ok, so this is strange. What shall we conclude?
Possibilities:

1. Denise had recently changed vehicles and not yet updated her plate registration.

2. The perps switched out the tags before kicking in the Closs' door to improve their chances of a clean getaway.

3. Maybe Denise's car has been sold by her family since the time of the crime and a family member kept and transferred the plate to their new vehicle.

4. Maybe the log has a typo.

It could be that, of course, a bad drug deal. It could be someone known to them was high on meth, who decided this was a good crime to commit, with a motive unrelated to anything to do with drugs. Taking off with Jayme does make me lean toward a personal motive, but who can tell, without more information and substantiation from LE. I doubt Sheriff Fitzgerald would be so bold, with only suspicion, to comment on that angle. We will see. Night all, and I will say, for a case going on this long, plenty of interest is still here. #bringjaymehome
Granted, I’m no expert on meth addicts, but does it seem plausible that a whacked out meth head could pull all this off and vanish without a trace?

Thank you for the caretaker info. It makes sense. I too think the killer(s) watched her get on and/or off the buss.
I am not sure. I’m wondering now if it was a beef with an extended closs or Naiberg family member (who would be most bothered by the two deaths and a missing girl?). Something new to ponder but I am not sure if we can discuss.

That is fascinating. I just thought LE inferred the phone's location because it was Denise's phone and she was probably in bed and then moved to the living room. I had no idea they would know she could move 10 feet from her bedroom to the living room just because they knew she walked ten feet with her phone. JMO

Don’t know exactly what you mean, but what can be recovered from phones is interesting. Not to get too Black Mirrorish, but it is possible how far Denise walked is possible, based simply on the phone. I hope so, anyway. Really off here. :)

Granted, I’m no expert on meth addicts, but does it seem plausible that a whacked out meth head could pull all this off and vanish without a trace?
I think it’s entirely possible.

It may have been late at night in a rural area, but this was a brazen crime nonetheless.

Just because he (or they) got away cleanly, doesn’t mean that this was well planned.

Personally, I don’t think it was.

I think he got lucky.

I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if drugs were involved (under the influence), but they don’t have to be.

Last edited:
I'm not a meth head, but aren't they usually looking for money?
But then could be a person who failed a drug test, lost his job and can't get another one because of it. Has a family to support and he blames James or Denise. I do believe it was rage and anger driven. I'm at a total loss when it comes to Jayme and what's happened to her or why.

Druggies want cash or stuff they can sell quickly. Yes, sometimes they are violent in the process, but it is generally still all about getting drugs and/or money for drugs. Not this...killing, kidnapping and no theft or damage. And no clues. Makes no sense to connect with junkies at all.

Le was responding to a hang up call. They probably were not even using lights, much less blocking roads, at that point.
Yes, remember the neighbors who reported hearing the gunshots didn't even know LE were on scene and that anything had happened until later that morning when police knocked on their door. This would lead me to believe they came in without sirens and lights. JMO

I just can't think so because nothing was disturbed. A meth head would not have been at all careful, most likely would have entered the house, sacked the place. And, take Jayme? That to me doesn't fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow